BALLYA Ribavirin Test is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection ribavirin residues in feed product and food, especially in feed. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography assay technology.
Ribavirin is an analog of guanosine and inosine nucleoside. It is a broad-spectrum antiviral drug and has a good inhibitory effect on a variety of DNA and RNA viruses.
It has the characteristics of multiple action sites, resistance to drug resistance, high curative effect, low toxicity, and low side effects. It has been used in the treatment of many viruses. It is clinically used to treat hepatitis C virus, respiratory syncytial virus and Lassa fever virus infections.
Ribavirin mechanism of action
Ribavirin has a significant inhibitory effect on a variety of RNA and DNA viruses, as well as a strong inhibitory effect on HIV virus. The antiviral mechanism of ribavirin has not yet been fully determined. The mechanism of action on different viruses is similar different.
What is Ribavirin used for?
Applies to: 1. Severe hospitalized patients with bronchiolitis and pneumonia caused by infant respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) (aerosol); 2. For the treatment of Lassa fever or epidemic hemorrhagic fever (with renal syndrome or pneumonia manifestations) (intravenous drip or oral); 3. For the treatment of chronic hepatitis C (combined with recombinant interferon alpha 2b or peg interferon alpha); 4. Prevention and treatment of viral upper respiratory tract infections (nasal drops).
Usage and dosage
(1) Oral treatment of chronic hepatitis C, adults. 600mg daily. For children, take 10 mg/kg of body weight and take 4 times a day. The course of treatment is 7 to 14 days. The oral dose for children under 6 years of age is uncertain.
(2) Intravenous drip: ① Adults, 500~1000mg per day, 3~7 days of treatment. ②Children: 10~15mg/kg a day, divided into 2 doses, each time by intravenous drip for more than 20 minutes. The course of treatment is 3 to 7 days. In the treatment of severe cases such as Lassa fever and epidemic hemorrhagic fever, the first dose of an adult is an intravenous drip of 2g, followed by 0.5~1g every 8 hours for 10 days.
(3) Aerosol inhalation. This usage must be carried out in strict accordance with the aerosol generator and administration method described in the administration instructions. ①For children, the dose is 20mg/ml, inhaled for 12-18 hours a day, and the course of treatment is 3-7 days. For respiratory syncytial virus pneumonia and other viral infections, the drug can also be used continuously for 3 to 6 days; or 3 times a day, 4 hours each time, and the course of treatment is 3 days. ② Adults, inhale 1g a day.
(4) Nasal drops: 1 to 2 drops at a time, once every 1 to 2 hours.
What are the side effects of Ribavirin?
Inhalation of this product can cause lung function degradation, bacterial pneumonia, pneumothorax and cardiovascular reactions (drop in blood pressure and cardiac arrest), rare anemia and reticulocytes. Conjunctivitis and rash also occur.
The main adverse reactions after intravenous or oral administration include hemolytic anemia, decreased hemoglobin, anemia, fatigue, etc., which can disappear after stopping the drug.
The less common adverse reactions include fatigue, headache, insomnia, etc., which are more common in those who use high doses, as well as loss of appetite and nausea.
Intravenous boluses can cause chills. When the medicine is inhaled, the medical staff may have headache, skin itching, red skin, and oedema around the eyes.
People who are allergic to this product are prohibited; Prohibited by pregnant women and their male partners; Disabled for patients with hemoglobinopathy; The combination of ribavirin and interferon α2b is contraindicated in patients with autoimmune hepatitis.
Note: All the above content is for introduction only, and drug use must be carried out under the guidance of doctors in regular hospitals.
Ribavirin use as a veterinary medicine
1. It is used to prevent and treat influenza, Newcastle disease, infectious bursal disease, infectious bronchitis, infectious laryngotracheitis, fowl pox, encephalomyelitis, duck liver, gosling plague, etc. in poultry. 2. Swine fever, blue-ear disease, circovirus disease, transmissible gastroenteritis, epidemic diarrhea, vesicular ulcer, foot and mouth ulcers, etc. 3. Bovine infectious rhinotracheitis, bovine parainfluenza, malignant catarrhal fever, sheep pox, etc. 4. Canine epidemic hepatitis, canine parainfluenza and other viral diseases.
Usage and dosage
Mixed drinking: 1g of this product is mixed with 10-20kg of water, concentrated drinking, 2 times a day, continuous use for 3-5 days. Mixed feeding: 1g of this product mixes 5-10kg for 3-5 days.
Precautions for use
Long-term high-dose use can cause anorexia, lower body temperature, bone marrow suppression, anemia, and gastrointestinal disorders.
Please follow the veterinarian's recommendations for specific usage and dosage, don't use it without authorization!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Ribavirin Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feeds and food. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Ribavirin
To protect the animal have health feed, food and avoid contaminated food. The ribavirin is harmful for animal being, can not take too much in the body.
1. Take feed or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Ribavirin Test?
BALLYA Ribavirin Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
As a pharmaceutical feed additive, ribavirin can significantly promote weight gain and increase feed conversion rate, and is widely used in the field of livestock and poultry breeding. However, many people do not pay attention to the dosage and usage of ribavirin, which leads to the residue of ribavirin in food. Ribavirin is harmful to the human body and should be avoided as much as possible. The BALLYA Ribavirin Test provided by BALLYAcan effectively detect the ribavirin in the samples. Simple operation, short detection time and high accuracy are the characteristics of this product.