What is BALLYA Praziquantel Test?
BALLYA Praziquantel TestGet A Free Quote!
is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection praziquantel residues in feed product
and food, especially in feed. Lateral flow assay
test base on the gold immunochromatography assay technology.
What is Praziquantel and how does it work?
(brand name: Biltricide) is an anthelmintic used in humans and animals to treat tapeworms and flukes. It is particularly effective for Schistosoma, Chinese liver fluke, and Diphyllobothrium latum (English: Diphyllobothrium latum). Praziquantel is a drug on the World Health Organization's standard list of essential drugs and one of the most important drugs for basic public health in the world.
Praziquantel Pharmacological Action
Mainly through 5-HT-like action, the host body produces spastic paralysis and shedding of schistosomiasis and tapeworms. It has a good effect on most tapeworm adults and immature worms. At the same time, it can affect the calcium ion permeability of the worm's muscle cells and make calcium. The increase of ion influx inhibits the reuptake of the sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium pump, and the content of calcium ions in the muscle cells of the insect body increases greatly, which makes the insect body paralyze and fall off.
How Praziquantel uses for?
Praziquantel comes as a tablet to take by mouth with water and a meal. It is usually taken for one day as three doses; each dose spaced 4 to 6 hours apart. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Take praziquantel exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
Praziquantel tablets are marked with 3 notches so that they can easily be split. If your doctor has told you to take only part of a tablet, use your thumbnail to press down on the correct notch and separate the number of parts needed for your dose.
Swallow the tablets or tablet parts whole as soon as you put them into your mouth. Do not chew them, crush them, or hold them in your mouth. The bitter taste of the tablets may cause you to gag or vomit if you keep the tablets in your mouth before swallowing.
What's Praziquantel side effect?
1. Common side effects include dizziness, headache, nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, fatigue, sore limbs, etc. They are generally mild and short, do not affect treatment, and do not require treatment.
2. A few cases have symptoms such as palpitations and chest tightness. The electrocardiogram shows T wave changes and extra-period contractions. Supraventricular tachycardia and atrial fibrillation are occasionally seen.
3. A few cases may have transient transaminase elevation.
4. It can occasionally induce mental disorders or gastrointestinal bleeding.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Praziquantel may be acceptable during pregnancy. Animal studies indicate that there is no risk, but human studies have not been conducted, or animal studies have shown that there is a small risk, and human studies have been completed and no risks have been found.
Praziquantel passes into breast milk; do not breastfeed on the day of breastfeeding and within 72 hours after breastfeeding.
This information does not contain all possible interactions or adverse effects. Therefore, before using this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist of all the products you use.
Praziquantel use as a veterinary medicine
Praziquantel is a broad-spectrum antiparasitic drug
. For the treatment and prevention of schistosomiasis, cysticercosis, paragonimiasis, echinococcosis, ginger worm disease, echinococcosis, worm infections, etc.
Usage and dosage
Treatment of trematodiasis
1. Schistosomiasis: All kinds of chronic schistosomiasis are treated with a total dose of 60 mg/kg for 1-2 days, and the daily dose is divided into two to three meals. The total dose of acute schistosomiasis is 120 mg/kg, divided into 2 to 3 times a day for 4 days. Those who weigh more than 60 kg will be calculated as 60 kg.
2. Clonorchiasis: The total dose is 210 mg/kg, 3 times a day for 3 days. ③ Paragonimiasis: 25 mg/kg, 3 times a day for 3 days. ④ Ginger worm disease: 15 mg/kg, take a meal.
Treatment of tapeworm disease
1. Beef and pork tapeworm: 10 mg/kg, take it in the morning and take magnesium sulfate 1 hour later.
2. Hymenoderma brevisiae and Schizocephaly's broad-segmented tapeworm disease: 25 mg/kg, take a meal.
3. For treatment of cysticercosis, the total dose is 120-180 mg/kg, divided into 3 to 5 days, and divided into 2 to 3 times a day.
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Praziquantel Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feeds and food. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry.
You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Praziquantel
To protect the animal have health feed, food and avoid contaminated food. The praziquantel is harmful for animal being, can not take too much in the body.
Component of BALLYA Praziquantel Test?
BALLYA Praziquantel Test
, 25 cassettes
Sample Buffer, 1 vial
Mini Pipette (optional)
Kit Instruction, 1pcs
How to use BALLYA Praziquantel Test?
1. Take feed and food specimen
2. Add the supernatant to cassette
3. Wait for 15 minutes to result
4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Praziquantel Test?
BALLYA Praziquantel Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
As a pharmaceutical feed additive, praziquantel can significantly promote weight gain and increase feed conversion rate, and is widely used in the field of livestock and poultry breeding. However, many people do not pay attention to the dosage and usage of praziquantel which leads to the residue of praziquantel in food. Praziquantel is harmful to the human body and should be avoided as much as possible.
The BALLYA Praziquantel Test
provided by BALLYA
can effectively detect the praziquantel in the samples. Simple operation, short detection time and high accuracy are the characteristics of this product.
Where to buy BALLYA Praziquantel Test?
Get a free quote now and enjoy a 10% discount!