What is BALLYA Vancomycin Test?
BALLYA Vancomycin TestGet A Free Quote!
is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection vancomycin residues in feed product and food, especially in feed. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography
What is Vancomycin?
is a glycopeptide antibiotic used for serious infections of Gram-positive bacteria, especially caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, and Enterococcus that are resistant to other antibacterial drugs or have poor efficacy. Severe infections are effective.
Vancomycin Mechanism of Action
Its mechanism of action is that alanylalanine, which binds to the poly-end of the precursor peptide of the sensitive bacterial cell wall with high affinity, blocks the synthesis of the high molecular weight peptidoglycan that constitutes the bacterial cell wall, leading to cell wall defects and killing the bacteria.
How Vancomycin uses for?
It is limited to systemic infections caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and intestinal infections and systemic infections caused by Clostridium difficile; penicillin or cephalosporins should not be used for penicillin allergics, Or patients with severe staphylococcal infection who have failed the above-mentioned antibiotic treatment, can choose norvancomycin.
It is also used for the treatment of enterococcal endocarditis and corynebacterium (diphtheria-like) endocarditis in people allergic to penicillin. Treatment of arterial and venous shunt infections caused by Staphylococcus in hemodialysis patients who are allergic to penicillin and not allergic to penicillin.
Usage and dosage
Vancomycin hydrochloride is usually used 2g per day, which can be divided into 500 mg every 6 hours or 1g every 12 hours. Each intravenous infusion takes more than 60 minutes. It can be increased or decreased according to age, weight, and symptoms. For the elderly, 500 mg every 12 hours or 1 g every 24 hours, intravenously for more than 60 minutes each time. Children and infants are instilled at 40 mg/kg per day 2-4 times, each time for more than 60 minutes. The dose for newborns is 10-15 mg/kg each time, the newborns within one week of birth are given once every 12 hours, the newborns from one week to one month of birth are given once every 8 hours, and each intravenous infusion is more than 60 minutes.
What’s Vancomycin side effect?
(1) Skin rash, nausea, phlebitis, etc. may occur.
(2) This product can also cause tinnitus, hearing loss, and kidney damage.
(3) Some patients may still have transient peripheral blood leukopenia and elevated serum aminotransferase.
(4) Rapid injection can cause allergic reactions, blood pressure reduction, and even cardiac arrest, as well as wheezing, dyspnea, skin rash, redness of the upper body (red neck syndrome), chest and back muscle spasms, etc.
1. This product cannot be injected intramuscularly or intravenously.
2. The speed of intravenous drip should not be too fast. Each dose (0.4～0.8g) should be slowly dripped after dissolving at least 200ml 5% glucose injection or sodium chloride injection, and the dripping time should be more than 1 hour.
3. Patients with renal insufficiency should use this product with caution. If there are indications for use, it should be used under therapeutic drug concentration monitoring (TDM) according to the degree of renal insufficiency.
4. Interference with diagnosis: blood urea nitrogen may increase.
5. During treatment, hearing, urine protein, cast, cell count and urine relative density should be checked regularly.
Vancomycin exhibits bactericidal activity by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis against aerobic and anaerobic Gram-positive bacteria . Vancomycin is active against most strains of Clostridia, almost all strains of Staphylococcus aureus (including those that produce β-lactamases and methicillin resistant strains), coagulase-negative Staphylococci, and Viridans group Staphylococci and Enterococci. Vancomycin is not effective against Gram-negative bacteria. Vancomycin is one of the antibiotics of last resort, used only after treatment with other antibiotics has failed in the treatment of life-threatening infections by Gram-positive bacteria. Even though vancomycin has great potential in treating infections in animals, the use of vancomycin in veterinary medicine is limited because it is expensive and requires continuous intravenous infusion.
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Vancomycin Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feeds
. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry.
You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Vancomycin
To protect the animal have health feed, food and avoid contaminated food. The vancomycin is harmful for animal being, can not take too much in the body.
Component of BALLYA Vancomycin Test?
BALLYA Vancomycin Test
, 25 cassettes
Sample Buffer, 1 vialMini Pipette
Disposable micropipette tips (optional)
Kit Instruction, 1pcs
How to use BALLYA Vancomycin Test?
1. Take feed specimen
2. Add the supernatant to cassette
3. Wait for 15 minutes to result
4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Vancomycin Test?
BALLYA Vancomycin Test
is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR
, qPCR, etc.
As a pharmaceutical feed additive, vancomycin can significantly promote weight gain and increase feed conversion rate, and is widely used in the field of livestock and poultry breeding. However, many people do not pay attention to the dosage and usage of vancomycin, which leads to the residue of vancomycin in food. Vancomycin is harmful to the human body and should be avoided as much as possible.
The BALLYA Vancomycin Test
provided by BALLYA
can effectively detect the vancomycin in the samples. Simple operation, short detection time and high accuracy are the characteristics of this product.
Where to buy BALLYA Vancomycin Test?
Get a free quote now and enjoy a 10% discount!