What is BALLYA Procaine Test?
BALLYA Procaine TestGet A Free Quote!
is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection procaine residues in feed product
and food, especially in feed. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography assay
What is Procaine and how does it work?
is a local anesthetic. Its hydrochloride is commonly used clinically and has lower toxicity than cocaine. Adding a small amount of epinephrine to the injection can prolong the action time. Used for infiltration anesthesia, spinal anesthesia, "closed therapy", etc.
Except for the central nervous system and cardiovascular system reactions caused by overdose, allergic reactions are occasionally reported. Skin allergy test should be done before medication. Its metabolite p-aminobenzoic acid (PABA) can weaken the antibacterial efficacy of sulfa drugs.
① Acting on the peripheral nerves, it can stop and block the generation and transmission of nerve impulses, stabilize the membrane surface of nerve tissue, reduce Na+ penetration, and block the alternation of normal polarization and depolarization, and the transmission of nerve impulses can be carried out without any reason. , Clinically called conduction block.
② Acting on the central nervous system, generally excites first and then inhibits normal activities. The strength of the effect is related to the blood concentration, which is a precursor of poisoning.
③ Acting on the cardiovascular system, a dose of intravenous injection followed by intravenous infusion can restore the ill heartbeat to normal, with fast action, and is often used for rescue.
What is Procaine used for?
1. Mainly used for infiltration anesthesia.
2. Used for short-term surgery in the lower abdomen. It can also be used for local intravenous anesthesia of extremities.
3. It is used for "closed therapy" to treat certain injuries and inflammations, which can relieve the symptoms of injury and inflammation to a certain extent.
4. Used to correct vasomotor dysfunction of extremities.
5. Treatment of neurosis.
Local injection: The concentration of injection is usually 0.25%-0.5%, and the dosage depends on the condition of the disease, but it should not exceed 1.5g per hour.
The short anesthesia time can add a small amount of adrenaline (1; 1) to extend the time of action.
Stomatological anesthesia sometimes uses 2% to 4% solution concentration.
What are the side effects of Procaine?
1. Excessive dosage or rapid injection of concentrated solution into blood vessels can cause nausea, sweating, rapid pulse, difficulty breathing, facial flushing, delirium, excitement, convulsions, until coma and respiratory paralysis. Blood pressure often drops during spinal anesthesia.
2. Allergic skin reactions: erythema, itching, rash, urticaria, edema, and occasionally cause cardiovascular shock or collapse.
3. It has an inhibitory effect on cardiovascular: weakened myocardial contractility, slow heart rate, drop in blood pressure, conduction block, arrhythmia and cardiac arrest.
4. Methemoglobinemia: The symptoms of hypoxia and cyanosis can occur at normal therapeutic doses.
5. Malignant hyperthermia: It has been reported that this disease is caused by the application of this drug, which manifests as muscle twitching, rigidity, hyperventilation and tachycardia.
Precautions for use
1. When a high concentration is mistakenly injected into the blood vessel, it can cause restlessness, floating sensation, dizziness, unconsciousness, paresthesias around the mouth, tinnitus, and tremor of the face and distal limbs; tension-clonic convulsions may occur subsequently. When the plasma concentration is high, breathing can be inhibited and respiratory arrest and coma can occur.
2. Excessive dosage may cause nausea, sweating, pulse speed, dyspnea, facial flushing, delirium, excitement, convulsions, and intravenous isopentobarbital can be used to relieve convulsions.
3. During spinal anesthesia, blood pressure often drops, which can be prevented by intramuscular injection of ephedrine 15-20 mg before anesthesia.
4. Sometimes anaphylactic shock occurs, so the patient's allergy history should be asked before medication, and intradermal test should be performed for patients with allergic constitution (0.25% solution 0.1ml intradermal injection).
5. It is not suitable for compatibility with glucose solution, because it can reduce its local anesthetic effect.
1. The metabolite of this product in the body, para-aminobenzoic acid, can compete against the antibacterial effects of sulfa drugs
. Another metabolite, diethylaminoethanol, can enhance the heart rate and atrioventricular conduction effects of digitalis, so it should not be combined with sulfa drugs or digitalis.
2. Forming salt with penicillin can delay the absorption of penicillin.
Note: All the above content is for introduction only, and drug use must be carried out under the guidance of doctors in regular hospitals.
Procaine use as a veterinary medicine
Used for infiltration anesthesia, conduction anesthesia, epidural anesthesia and sealing therapy.
Usage and dosage
Infiltration anesthesia, sealing therapy 0.25%～0.5% solution;
Conductive anesthesia 2%～5% solution, 10～20ml for large animals and 2～5ml for small animals at each injection point;
Epidural anesthesia 2%～5% solution, 20～30ml for horses, cattle, etc.
Precautions for use
(1) Excessive doses are prone to absorption, which can cause the central nervous system to be first excited and then inhibited. Symptomatic treatment should be given. Horses are more sensitive to this product.
(2) 0.1% epinephrine hydrochloride injection is often added to this product to reduce the absorption of procaine and prolong the time of local anesthesia.
(3) 28 days for cattle, sheep and pigs; 7 days for abandoning milk (tentative).
Please follow the veterinarian's recommendations for specific usage and dosage, don't use it without authorization!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Procaine Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feeds and food. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry.
You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Procaine
To protect the animal have health feed, food and avoid contaminated food. The procaine is harmful for animal being, can not take too much in the body.
Component of BALLYA Procaine Test?
BALLYA Procaine Test
, 25 cassettes
Sample Buffer, 1 vialMini Pipette
Disposable micropipette tips (optional)
Kit Instruction, 1pcs
How to use BALLYA Procaine Test?
1. Take feed or food specimen
2. Add the supernatant to cassette
3. Wait for 15 minutes to result
4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Procaine Test?
BALLYA Procaine Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
As a pharmaceutical feed additive, procaine can significantly promote weight gain and increase feed conversion rate, and is widely used in the field of livestock and poultry breeding. However, many people do not pay attention to the dosage and usage of procaine, which leads to the residue of procaine in food. Procaine is harmful to the human body and should be avoided as much as possible.
The BALLYA Procaine Test
provided by BALLYA
can effectively detect the procaine in the samples. Simple operation, short detection time and high accuracy are the characteristics of this product.
Where to buy BALLYA Procaine Test?
Get a free quote now and enjoy a 10% discount!