BALLYA Meloxicam Test is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection meloxicam residues in feed product and food, especially in feed. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography assay technology.
Meloxicam is a non-steroidal antipyretic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory drug. It is not a hormonal drug. It has strong anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effects. It can selectively inhibit COX-2 (COX-2) Active, thereby blocking the synthesis of prostaglandin, the inhibitory effect on the prostaglandin biosynthesis in the inflammation site is stronger than the prostaglandin biosynthesis in the gastric mucosa or kidney, which is safer than other NSAIDs.
Pharmacological effects of meloxicam
Meloxicam works by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins, and its main functions are anti-inflammatory, anti-exudation, analgesia, and antipyretic. Meloxicam inhibits the infiltration of leukocytes into inflamed tissues and weakly inhibits collagen-induced platelet aggregation. In addition, meloxicam also inhibits the production of thromboxane B2 in calves, lactating cows, and pigs induced by E. coli endotoxin, and has anti-endotoxin effects.
What is Meloxicam used for?
It is suitable for the symptomatic treatment of pain, swelling and soft tissue inflammation, traumatic pain, and postoperative pain of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis
Meloxicam clinical application
1. Oral ①For osteoarthritis, 7.5 mg a day, one-time use, the maximum daily dose is 15 mg; ②Ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis are taken 15 mg a day, divided into 2 doses, and the dose can be reduced to 7.5 mg a day. The maximum daily dose is 15 mg for adults and 7.5 mg for the elderly. 2. Rectal administration ① Osteoarthritis 7.5～15 mg, stuffed into the anus before going to bed; ② 15 mg or 7.5 mg of ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis should be inserted into the anus before going to bed. For the elderly, 7.5 mg should be inserted into the anus before going to bed. 3. Other Not recommended for children under 15 years old.
What are the side effects of Meloxicam?
Including gastrointestinal reactions (common indigestion, nausea, abdominal pain or diarrhea; rare ulcers, bleeding or perforation); Anemia, leukopenia or thrombocytopenia, itching, rash, stomatitis; Slight dizziness, headache; Edema, elevated blood pressure, etc. Raised liver enzymes are common (10%), and kidney damage is occasionally (0.4%). Most of them disappeared after stopping the drug.
1. Combined with methotrexate to increase the blood toxicity of methotrexate. 2. Combination of oral anticoagulants and thrombolytic agents may increase bleeding. 3. It can reduce the antihypertensive and diuretic effects of β-adrenergic receptor blockers, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors, loop diuretics (except furosemide), and thiazide drugs. 4. Combine it with potassium-sparing diuretics to reduce the diuretic effect and may cause hyperkalemia or toxic renal damage. 5. Combined with cyclosporine, the risk of cyclosporine poisoning increases. 6. Combined with levofloxacin and ofloxacin, the risk of seizures increases.
Note: All the above content is for introduction only, and drug use must be carried out under the guidance of doctors in regular hospitals.
Meloxicam use as a veterinary medicine
Cattle: combined with appropriate antibiotics to assist in the treatment of acute respiratory infections to relieve the clinical symptoms of cattle; combined with oral rehydration to assist in the treatment of diarrhea to relieve the clinical symptoms of calves over one-week-old and young non-lactating cattle; combined with antibiotics to assist treat acute mastitis.
Pigs: used for non-infectious abnormal movements to reduce claudication and inflammation; combined with appropriate antibiotics, adjuvant treatment of postpartum sepsis and toxemia (mastitis-metritis-oligomilk syndrome).
Usage and dosage
Subcutaneous or intravenous injection: combined with appropriate antibiotics or oral rehydration, one dose, 0.5 mg per 1 kg of body weight.
Intramuscular injection: combined with appropriate antibiotics, one dose, 0.4 mg per kg body weight, pigs, if necessary, another injection after 24 hours.
1. After subcutaneous injection, occasional slight transient swelling at the injection site. 2. There are a very small number of allergic reactions, symptomatic treatment.
Precautions for use
1. It is contraindicated in animals with liver, heart, or kidney damage, abnormal bleeding, or gastrointestinal ulcers. 2. It is prohibited to use in animals allergic to this product. 3. It is forbidden to treat diarrhea of cattle less than one week old. 4. There is a potential risk of kidney poisoning. Please be cautious when using it in animals that require rehydration, such as severe dehydration, hypovolemia or hypotension. 5. Combination with glucocorticoids, other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or anticoagulants is prohibited. 6. Withdrawal period: 15 days for cattle, 5 days for abandoning milk; 5 days for pigs.
Please follow the veterinarian's recommendations for specific usage and dosage, don't use it without authorization!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Meloxicam Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feeds and food. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Meloxicam
To protect the animal have health feed, food and avoid contaminated food. The meloxicam is harmful for animal being, can not take too much in the body.
1. Take feed or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Meloxicam Test?
BALLYA Meloxicam Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
As a pharmaceutical feed additive, meloxicam can significantly promote weight gain and increase feed conversion rate, and is widely used in the field of livestock and poultry breeding. However, many people do not pay attention to the dosage and usage of meloxicam, which leads to the residue of meloxicam in food. Meloxicam is harmful to the human body and should be avoided as much as possible. The BALLYA Meloxicam Test provided by BALLYA can effectively detect the meloxicam in the samples. Simple operation, short detection time and high accuracy are the characteristics of this product.