What is BALLYA Clindamycin Test?
BALLYA Clindamycin TestGet A Free Quote!
is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection clindamycin residues in feed product and food, especially in feed. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography
What is Clindamycin?
is a white crystalline powder chemical with a chemical formula of C18H33ClN2O5S and a molecular weight of 424.98. Clindamycin is an antibiotic drug. It is mainly used clinically for abdominal cavity and gynecological infections caused by anaerobic bacteria. It is the first choice for the treatment of Staphylococcus aureus osteomyelitis.
The pharmacological effects of clindamycin
Clindamycin phosphate is a chemically synthesized derivative of clindamycin, which has no antibacterial activity in vitro, and is quickly hydrolyzed into clindamycin to exert antibacterial activity after entering the body.
How Clindamycin uses for?
The following infectious diseases caused by Gram-positive bacteria:
(1) Tonsillitis, suppurative otitis media, sinusitis, etc.
(2) Acute bronchitis, acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, pneumonia, lung abscess, and bronchiectasis combined infection.
(3) Skin and soft tissue infections: furuncle, carbuncle, abscess, cellulitis, trauma and post-operative infection.
(4) Urinary system infection: acute urethritis, acute pyelonephritis, prostatitis, etc.
(5) Others: osteomyelitis, sepsis, peritonitis and oral infections.
Various infectious diseases caused by anaerobic bacteria:
(1) Pulmonary infection caused by empyema, lung abscess, and anaerobic bacteria.
(2) Skin and soft tissue infections, sepsis.
(3) Intra-abdominal infection: peritonitis, intra-abdominal abscess.
(4) Female pelvic and genital infections: endometritis, non-gonococcal fallopian tube and ovarian abscess, pelvic cellulitis and infection after gynecological surgery.
What's Clindamycin side effect?
1. Local reaction: After intramuscular injection, pain, induration and aseptic abscess can occasionally be seen at the injection site. Long-term intravenous drip should pay attention to the appearance of phlebitis.
2. Gastrointestinal reactions: occasionally nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea. Pseudomembranous enteritis can occur in 1-2% of patients.
3. Allergic reactions: a small number of patients may have drug-induced rashes, occasionally exfoliative dermatitis.
4. Basically no toxic reaction to the hematopoietic system, and occasionally can cause neutropenia, eosinophilia, thrombocytopenia, etc., which are generally mild and transient.
5. Transient alkaline phosphatase, mild increase in serum transaminase, jaundice, and abnormal renal function may occur.
Precautions for the use of clindamycin
1. It has no cross-allergic reaction with penicillin and cephalosporin antibiotics and can be used for those allergic to penicillin.
2. It can be compatible with ampicillin, phenytoin sodium, barbiturate hydrochloride, aminophylline, calcium gluconate and magnesium sulfate. It has an antagonistic effect with erythromycin and should not be used in combination.
3. Patients with liver and kidney damage, gastrointestinal diseases such as ulcerative colitis, localized enteritis, and antibiotic-related enteritis should be used with caution.
4. When using this product, pay attention to the possibility of pseudomembranous enteritis. If pseudomembranous enteritis occurs, first add water, electrolytes, and protein; then give metronidazole orally, 250-500mg, 3 times a day, if it is invalid Then choose vancomycin orally 0.125~0.5g, 4 times a day for treatment.
1. Clindamycin has neuromuscular blockade, which may improve the effects of other neuromuscular blockers. Therefore, all patients who use these drugs should use clindamycin with caution.
2. It has been confirmed that the antagonism between clindamycin and erythromycin and chloramphenicol has clinical significance, and the two drugs should not be used at the same time.
3. Clindamycin can be contraindicated with novobiocin, kanamycin, ampicillin, phenytoin sodium, barbiturate hydrochloride, aminophylline, calcium gluconate and magnesium sulfate.
4. The combination of clindamycin and opioid analgesics may aggravate the depression of the respiratory center.
Clindamycin is not easily absorbed by oral administration, and it is mainly effective for G+ bacteria, especially for anaerobic bacteria, Staphylococcus aureus, pneumococcus and most streptococci.
For the treatment of poultry enteritis, this product has a significant effect on swine dysentery. It is also commonly used for swine pneumonia and arthritis caused by mycoplasma or Haemophilus parahaemolyticus.
Mixed drinking: 1g of this product for poultry is mixed with 10-15 kg of water, twice a day for 3-5 days; pig: 10-15 mg/kg body weight/time, twice a day, for 3-5 days.
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Clindamycin Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feeds
. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry.
You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Clindamycin
To protect the animal have health feed, food and avoid contaminated food. The clindamycin is harmful for animal being, can not take too much in the body.
Component of BALLYA Clindamycin Test?
BALLYA Clindamycin Test
, 25 cassettes
Sample Buffer, 1 vialMini Pipette
Disposable micropipette tips (optional)
Kit Instruction, 1pcs
How to use BALLYA Clindamycin Test?
1. Take feed specimen
2. Add the supernatant to cassette
3. Wait for 15 minutes to result
4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Clindamycin Test?
BALLYA Clindamycin Test
is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR
, qPCR, etc.
As a pharmaceutical feed additive
, clindamycin can significantly promote weight gain and increase feed conversion rate, and is widely used in the field of livestock and poultry breeding. However, many people do not pay attention to the dosage and usage of clindamycin, which leads to the residue of clindamycin in food. Clindamycin is harmful to the human body and should be avoided as much as possible.
The BALLYA Clindamycin Test
provided by BALLYA
can effectively detect the clindamycin in the samples. Simple operation, short detection time and high accuracy are the characteristics of this product.