What is BALLYA Hygromycin B Test?
BALLYA Hygromycin B TestGet A Free Quote!
is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection hygromycin B residues in feed product and food, especially in feed. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography
What is Hygromycin B?
is a highly safe anthelmintic, an aminoglycoside antibiotic produced by Streptomyces hygroscopious. It is a yellowish-brown amorphous powder with a special smell and a melting point of 160-180 °C. It is a weak base, easily soluble in water, methanol, ethanol, and easily forms salts with many organic and inorganic acids.
In scientific research
In terms of scientific research, hygromycin B is a commonly used drug for resistance screening. Its resistance gene expression product is a protein kinase, which is inactivated by phosphorylation of hygromycin B. Because hygromycin B is commonly used in eukaryotic and prokaryotic organisms. The false positive rate of B screening is low and the reproducibility is good. The screening of genetically modified organisms by hygromycin B has been widely used in laboratories.
Biological Application of Hygromycin B
1. Hygromycin B is an aminoglycoside antibiotic, which can kill bacteria, fungi and advanced eukaryotic cells by inhibiting protein synthesis.
2. Hygromycin B inhibits protein synthesis by interfering with translocation and promoting the mistranslation of 70S ribosomes.
3. The effective concentration selected for mammalian cells is usually between 50 μg/ml and 1 mg/ml; for plant cells, the effective concentration is 20-200 μg/ml; for bacteria, the effective concentration is 20-200 μg/ml; For fungi, the effective concentration is 200μg-1 mg/ml.
4. Specific antibiotics used in transfection
5. Hygromycin B phosphotransferase inactivates hygromycin B
6. Cells transfected with hph gene are resistant to hygromycin
7. Transfected cells express the gene stably or temporarily
What's Hygromycin B side effect?
(1) Although the toxicity of this product is low, long-term application can make pigs hearing and visual obstacles. Therefore, young sows for breeding cannot use this product. Sows and pigs cannot be used for more than 8 weeks.
(2) It is advisable that the concentration of the feed drug for poultry does not exceed 12 mg/kg.
(3) This product is mostly marketed in the form of premix, and the titer of hygromycin B should be used as the unit of measurement.
(4) Withdrawal period: 15 days for pigs and 3 days for poultry.
During medication, it is prohibited to use drugs with ototoxic effects, such as aminoglycosides, erythromycin and other antibacterial drugs.
Long-term feeding of hygromycin B can effectively control the infection of Ascaris suis, esophageal nematode and Trichinella spiralis
. This is because this product is not only effective for adults and larvae, but also inhibits female worms from laying eggs, thereby causing loss of reproduction ability. Therefore. Hygromycin B is added to the complete feed for pregnant sows to protect piglets from roundworm infection during lactation. Hygromycin B is recommended for: 6 weeks before delivery and lactation sows; piglets less than 6 months old (most susceptible to roundworms).
Hygromycin B has a good control effect on Ascaris gallisepticum, Heterospermum gallisepticum and Capillaria avian.
Usage and dosage
Mixed feeding 10-13g for pigs and 8-12g for poultry per 1,000 kg of feed.
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Hygromycin B Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feeds
. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry.
You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Hygromycin B
To protect the animal have health feed, food and avoid contaminated food. The hygromycin B is harmful for animal being, can not take too much in the body.
Component of BALLYA Hygromycin B Test?
BALLYA Hygromycin B Test
, 25 cassettes
Sample Buffer, 1 vialMini Pipette
Disposable micropipette tips (optional)
Kit Instruction, 1pcs
How to use BALLYA Hygromycin B Test?
1. Take feed and food specimen
2. Add the supernatant to cassette
3. Wait for 15 minutes to result
4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Hygromycin B Test?
BALLYA Hygromycin B Test
is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR
, qPCR, etc.
As a pharmaceutical feed additive
, hygromycin B can significantly promote weight gain and increase feed conversion rate, and is widely used in the field of livestock and poultry breeding. However, many people do not pay attention to the dosage and usage of hygromycin B, which leads to the residue of hygromycin B in food. Hygromycin B is harmful to the human body and should be avoided as much as possible.
The BALLYA Hygromycin B Test
provided by BALLYA
can effectively detect the hygromycin B in the samples. Simple operation, short detection time and high accuracy are the characteristics of this product.