What is BALLYA Spiramycin Test?
BALLYA Spiramycin TestGet A Free Quote!
is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection spiramycin residues in feed product and food, especially in feed. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography
What is Spiramycin?
is white or slightly yellow powder, slightly odorous; slightly hygroscopic; this product is soluble in methanol, ethanol, acetone or ether, almost insoluble in water, and insoluble in petroleum ether. It is a macrolide antibiotic obtained from the culture medium of Streptomyces ambofaciens.
Spiramycin is a strong bacteriostatic agent, and it has a bactericidal effect only at very high concentrations.
Pharmacological effects of spiramycin
Its antibacterial action mechanism is the same as that of erythromycin. By binding to the 50S subunit of the bacterial ribonucleoprotein body, it prevents the extension of the peptide chain and affects the synthesis of bacterial protein to achieve antibacterial effect. The antibacterial activity of spiramycin is similar to that of acetylspiramycin, but its in vitro activity is weaker than that of acetylspiramycin. The antibacterial spectrum of spiramycin is similar to that of erythromycin, and its antibacterial effect is not as strong as erythromycin, and its oral bioavailability is also lower than erythromycin. However, many erythromycin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus are sensitive to spiramycin.
How Spiramycin uses for?
1. It is suitable for the treatment of respiratory infections and skin and soft tissue infections caused by sensitive bacteria, including: pharyngitis, tonsillitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, pyoderma, erysipelas and scarlet fever, etc.
2. It is suitable for the treatment of otitis media, periodontitis, acute sinusitis and other oral and otolaryngology infections caused by sensitive bacteria.
3. It can also be used to treat toxoplasmosis.
What’s Spiramycin side effect?
1. Gastrointestinal reactions are milder than erythromycin
, mainly including nausea, vomiting, dry mouth and loss of appetite. It usually occurs when high-dose medication is used, and the symptoms disappear after stopping the medication.
2. Occasionally allergic reactions such as skin rashes and drug rashes.
3. Occasionally symptoms of dizziness, headache, drowsiness and fatigue.
Spiramycin drug interactions
1. Used with metronidazole, it has a synergistic antibacterial effect on Bacteroides fragilis in vitro tests.
2. When used with trimethoprim
, it has a synergistic antibacterial effect on Haemophilus influenza bacilli.
3. Combined use with cytochrome P450 metabolites can increase the concentration of carbamazepine, terfenadine, cyclohexylbarbital and phenytoin in serum.
4. When combined with levodopa/carbidopa/carbidopa, the area under the time concentration curve (AUC) of levodopa can be reduced.
Spiramycin use as a veterinary medicine
Spiramycin is mostly used to treat pneumonia, chronic respiratory diseases, various enteritis (such as vibrio or streptococcal enteritis) and other respiratory infections in poultry clinics, and can be used to relieve stress and increase growth rate.
Treatment of infected groups
It is generally formulated with drinking water containing spiramycin 400 mg/liter. It should be used for 3 days in a row for young chickens and adult chickens, and repeated once after 1 week if necessary; for broilers, drink water for 3 days immediately after they are out of shell, and then administer at 30 days of age. 1 day; for chickens threatened by infection, half of the above-mentioned therapeutic dose can be used for prevention; for general broiler chickens, the preventive dose can be used to drink water continuously for 3 days, 3 to 4 weeks old and 8 to 9 weeks old. Drink water for 1 day at age.
Usage and dosage
Neck subcutaneous injection: 25-55 mg/kg body weight for poultry, 50-100 mg/kg body weight for oral administration, and 400 mg/l of mixed drink for 3 days.
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Spiramycin Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feeds
. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry.
You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Spiramycin
To protect the animal have health feed, food and avoid contaminated food. The spiramycin is harmful for animal being, can not take too much in the body.
Component of BALLYA Spiramycin Test?
BALLYA Spiramycin Test
, 25 cassettes
Sample Buffer, 1 vialMini Pipette
Disposable micropipette tips (optional)
Kit Instruction, 1pcs
How to use BALLYA Spiramycin Test?
1. Take feed specimen
2. Add the supernatant to cassette
3. Wait for 15 minutes to result
4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Spiramycin Test?
BALLYA Spiramycin Test
is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR
, qPCR, etc.
As a pharmaceutical feed additive, spiramycin can significantly promote weight gain and increase feed conversion rate, and is widely used in the field of livestock and poultry breeding. However, many people do not pay attention to the dosage and usage of spiramycin, which leads to the residue of spiramycin in food. Spiramycin is harmful to the human body and should be avoided as much as possible.
The BALLYA Spiramycin Test
provided by BALLYA
can effectively detect the spiramycin in the samples. Simple operation, short detection time and high accuracy are the characteristics of this product.