BALLYA Hydrochlorothiazide Test is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection the content of hydrochlorothiazide in grains, food and seafood, especially in grains and food. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography assay technology.
Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic and antihypertensive drug. Mainly suitable for cardiogenic edema, hepatogenic edema and renal edema: such as nephrotic syndrome, acute glomerulonephritis, chronic renal failure and edema caused by excessive adrenal cortex hormones and estrogen; high blood pressure; diabetes insipidus disease. Appropriate supplementation of potassium salt for long-term application.
Production method of hydrochlorothiazide
5-Chloro-2,4-chlorosulfonanilide is obtained by chlorosulfonation of meta-chloroaniline, which is then reacted with ammonia to generate 5-chloro-2,4-sulfanilide, which is finally obtained by blending with formaldehyde.
What is Hydrochlorothiazide used for?
Uses of hydrochlorothiazide
Diuretics can lower blood pressure and have a diuretic effect. They are often used in combination with other antihypertensive drugs. Mainly suitable for cardiogenic edema, hepatogenic edema and renal edema: such as nephrotic syndrome, acute glomerulonephritis, chronic renal failure and edema caused by excessive adrenal cortex hormonesand estrogen; high blood pressure; diabetes insipidus disease. Properly supplement potassium salt for long-term application
Indications of Hydrochlorothiazide
1. Edema disease: excretion of excessive sodium and water in the body, reduce the volume of extracellular fluid, and eliminate edema. Common ones include congestive heart failure, liver cirrhosis, ascites, nephrotic syndrome, acute and chronic nephritis edema, early stage of chronic renal failure, sodium and water retention caused by adrenal cortex hormone and estrogen therapy.
2. Hypertension: It can be used alone or in combination with other antihypertensive drugs, mainly for the treatment of essential hypertension.
3. Central or renal diabetes insipidus.
4. Nephrolithiasis: It is mainly used to prevent the formation of calcium-containing stones.
5. It can also be used to relieve symptoms of frequent urination, urgency, and dysuria caused by urinary tract infections.
What is the harm of Hydrochlorothiazide?
Adverse reactions of hydrochlorothiazide
Cardiovascular System Due to diuresis, the blood flow to the organs is reduced, often dizziness. The elderly may have ischemia, such as mesenteric infarction or transient cerebral ischemia. Orthostatic hypotension is rare.
Blood system Hemolytic anemia, aplastic anemia, thrombocytopenia, bone marrow dysplasia, and neutropenia or hyperplasia are rare.
Allergic reaction Skin rash, urticaria and photosensitivity dermatitis can be seen. The symptoms of the latter can be chronic photosensitivity, which will continue for half a year after stopping the drug. This photosensitive reaction cross-reacts with sulfa or phenothiazine drugs.
Drug interactions of hydrochlorothiazide
(1) Adrenal cortex hormones, adrenocorticotropic hormone, estrogen, and amphotericin B (intravenous medication) can reduce the diuretic effect of this medicine and increase the chance of electrolyte disorders, especially hypokalemia.
(2) Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and analgesics, especially indomethacin, can reduce the diuretic effect of this drug, which is related to the former's inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis.
(3) Combined with sympathomimetic amine drugs, the diuretic effect is weakened.
(4) Cholestyramine (cholestyramine) can reduce the absorption of the drug from the gastrointestinal tract, so it should be taken 1 hour before or 4 hours after taking cholestyramine.
(5) Combined with dopamine, the diuretic effect is strengthened.
(6) When combined with antihypertensive drugs, the diuretic and antihypertensive effects are enhanced.
Note: The above content is for reference only! Please use this additive under the guidance of an expert!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Hydrochlorothiazide Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of grains, food and medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Hydrochlorothiazide
To protect the animal have health grain, food, seafood and medicine, avoid contaminated food. The excess hydrochlorothiazide is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some grain or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Hydrochlorothiazide Test?
BALLYA Hydrochlorothiazide Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
BALLYA Hydrochlorothiazide Test is suitable for the detection of hydrochlorothiazide residues in grain, food and seafood. Simple operation, high accuracy and short detection time are the characteristics of this product.
It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.