BALLYA Phenolphthalein Test is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection the content of phenolphthalein in grains, food and seafood, especially in grains and food. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography assay technology.
Phenolphthalein refers to an organic compound, which is a crystalline powder and is almost insoluble in water. Its characteristics are colorless in acidic and neutral solutions, and purple-red in alkaline solutions. It is often used to detect acid-base.
Phenolphthalein is a stimulant used for chronic constipation. It can directly stimulate the intestinal mucosa or activate the nerve endings of the smooth muscle in the intestine to increase the propulsion of the intestine. Due to excessive laxatives, fluid and electrolyte disorders are caused. Long-term use can damage the enteric nervous system and is likely to be irreversible.
The pharmacological effects of phenolphthalein
Phenolphthalein is an irritant laxative, which mainly acts on the large intestine. After oral administration, soluble sodium salt is formed in the alkaline environment of the intestinal tract, which stimulates the nerve plexus in the intestinal wall and directly acts on the smooth muscle of the intestine to increase intestinal peristalsis.
At the same time, phenolphthalein inhibits the absorption of water in the intestinal tract, so that water and electrolytes accumulate in the colon, resulting in a laxative effect. The intensity of its action is related to the alkalinity in the intestine, and its action is mild, and rarely causes intestinal spasm.
What is Phenolphthalein used for?
The main uses of phenolphthalein are:
(1) Pharmaceutical raw materials for the pharmaceutical industry: medicinal laxatives, which can stimulate the intestinal wall, cause intestinal peristalsis and promote defecation. It is suitable for habitual and stubborn constipation, and has various dosage forms such as tablets and suppositories;
(2) For organic synthesis: mainly used for the synthesis of plastics, especially for the synthesis of phthalazinone polyaryl ether ketone polyaryl ether ketone polymers, which have excellent heat resistance, water resistance and resistance Chemical corrosion, heat aging resistance and good processing and formability.
Many fibers, coatings and composite materials made from them are widely used in electronic appliances, mechanical equipment, transportation, aerospace, atomic energy engineering and military fields;
(3) Used for alkali indicator, indicator for non-aqueous titration, reagent for chromatography.
Indications for phenolphthalein
1. Used for habitual intractable constipation.
2. It is used to clean the intestines during colon and rectal endoscopy or X-ray examination.
What is the harm of Phenolphthalein?
Adverse reactions of phenolphthalein
Phenolphthalein is a widely used laxative that is easily accepted by patients. Occasionally, intestinal colic, bleeding tendency, and rare allergic reactions. Overdose or long-term disorder can induce symptoms such as arrhythmia, confusion, muscle spasm, and fatigue.
1. General toxic reactions: common eyelid edema, conjunctival ecchymosis, nasal herpes, tongue ulcer, stomatitis, gastritis, nail atrophy, etc.; or red urine, urethritis, hematuria, proteinuria.
2. Severe poisoning can cause hemorrhagic nephritis, liver damage, and jaundice. Occasionally, encephalomyelitis occurs, and the patient is irritable, convulsing, stupor, coma, and even death. Children can cause severe enteritis and hemorrhage.
3. Allergic reactions: skin rash, dermatitis, enteritis, heart palpitations, difficulty breathing and even shock may occur.
Precautions for phenolphthalein
1. Use with caution in children and pregnant women. 2. It should be taken before going to bed to avoid abuse of phenolphthalein.
Note: The above content is for reference only! Please use this additive under the guidance of an expert!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Phenolphthalein Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of grains, food and medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Phenolphthalein
To protect the animal have health grain, food, seafood and medicine, avoid contaminated food. The excess phenolphthalein is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some grain or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Phenolphthalein Test?
BALLYA Phenolphthalein Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
BALLYA Phenolphthalein Test is suitable for the detection of phenolphthalein residues in grain, food and seafood. Simple operation, high accuracy and short detection time are the characteristics of this product.
It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.