What is BALLYA Metformin Test?
BALLYA Metformin TestGet A Free Quote!
is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection the content of metformin in grains, food and seafood, especially in grains and food. Lateral flow assay
test base on the gold immunochromatography assay technology.
What is Metformin?
biguanide is an oral hypoglycemic agent. It can promote glucose uptake by adipose tissue, increase anaerobic glycolysis of muscle tissue, increase glucose utilization, reduce insulin resistance, reduce glucose absorption through the digestive tract, and lower blood sugar.
How does metformin work?
(1) The hypoglycemic mechanism of metformin is different from that of sulfonylureas
. It does not stimulate insulin secretion. Its hypoglycemic effect is mainly to increase the anaerobic glycolysis of sugar in the surrounding tissues and increase the utilization of sugar. The main part of this effect is in the small intestine.
(2) Inhibition of hepatic glycogenogenesis, due to the reduction of glycogenogenesis and the secondary reduction of basal blood sugar and lower basal glycogen output.
(3) By increasing the binding of insulin to insulin receptors, it increases the clearance of insulin on blood sugar. Since insulin resistance is a characteristic of NIDDM, this product increases the receptor binding points and increases low affinity by increasing the number of insulin receptors and reducing the receptor binding points. The number of binding points can improve the sensitivity of NIDDM patients to insulin.
What is Metformin used for?
(1) Metformin tablets are the first choice to use simple diet control and physical exercise to treat type 2 diabetes, especially obese type 2 diabetes.
(2) Combined use of metformin and insulin can reduce the amount of insulin and prevent hypoglycemia.
(3) It can be used in combination with sulfonylurea hypoglycemic agents and has a synergistic effect.
Oral: 0.25g at the beginning, 3 times a day, taken during or after meals. After about 1 week, it can be adjusted according to the condition, and can be added to 0.5g each time, 3 times a day. The daily amount should not exceed 1.5g to avoid hypoglycemia.
Due to the different dosage forms and specifications, please read the drug instructions carefully or follow the doctor's advice for usage and dosage.
What is the Metformin side effects?
Adverse reactions to metformin
1. Gastrointestinal reactions, nausea, vomiting, metallic taste in the mouth, diarrhea.
2. It can increase blood lactic acid, and even lactic acidemia.
3. Patients with congestive heart failure and liver and kidney dysfunction should be especially cautious when using this product. Pregnant women use it with caution. It is contraindicated when diabetes is complicated by ketoacidosis and acute infection.
4. Prevent hypoglycemia, coma or acidemia when adjusting the dose.
5. Combined use with dicoumarins can cause bleeding tendency. This product can increase the blood pressure of vasopressin.
6. If you take alcoholic beverages at the same time, abdominal pain, acidemia and hypothermia may occur.
Precautions for using metformin
(1) People with a history of lactic acidosis and elderly patients should use it with caution. Because this product may accumulate lactic acidosis, once it occurs, it will lead to life-threatening. Therefore, kidney function should be monitored and the lowest effective dose should be given to reduce the risk of lactic acidosis. Risk occurs.
(2) In stress conditions such as fever, coma, infection, etc., during surgery and examinations using iodine-containing contrast media, you should temporarily stop taking this product, because it may cause acute renal function deterioration.
(3) This product can cause hypoglycemia when combined with sulfonylurea drugs and insulin. Try to avoid drinking alcohol when taking this product. Easily lead to hypoglycemia or lactic acidosis. Use with caution in patients with poor liver function.
(4) This product can interfere with the absorption of vitamin B12
, it is recommended to monitor blood.
Note: The above content is for reference only! Please use this drug under the guidance of an expert!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Metformin Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of grains, food and medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry.
You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Metformin
To protect the animal have health grain, food, seafood and medicine, avoid contaminated food. The excess metformin is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
Component of BALLYA Metformin Test?
BALLYA Metformin Test
, 25 cassettes
Sample Buffer, 1 vialMini Pipette
Disposable micropipette tips (optional)
Kit Instruction, 1pcs
How to use BALLYA Metformin Test?
1. Take some grain or food specimen
2. Add the supernatant to cassette
3. Wait for 15 minutes to result
4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Metformin Test?
BALLYA Metformin Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
BALLYA Metformin Test
is suitable for the detection of metformin residues in grain, food and seafood. Simple operation, high accuracy and short detection time are the characteristics of this product.
It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.
Where to buy BALLYA Metformin Test?
Get a free quote now and enjoy a 10% discount!