Indomethacin is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDs), which has anti-inflammatory, antipyretic and analgesic effects. It plays an anti-inflammatory effect by inhibiting cyclooxygenase and reduces the synthesis of prostaglandins, while reducing fever. It is related to the inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis in the hypothalamus.
Mechanism of action of indomethacin
Indomethacin is a strong non-corticosteroid anti-inflammatory, antipyretic and analgesic. It reduces the synthesis of prostaglandin (PG) by inhibiting cyclooxygenase and prevents the formation of nerve impulses in inflamed tissues and inhibits inflammation.
Sexual response, including inhibiting the chemotaxis of leukocytes and the release of lysosomal enzymes, resulting in antipyretic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects.
What is Indomethacin used for?
Indomethacin has obvious anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effects. It is mainly used for rheumatic complication, ankylosing spondylitis, osteoarthritis, etc. that are not easily tolerated or effective to salicylic acid drugs.
The usage and dosage of indomethacin
1. Anti-rheumatic: Adult dosage: Oral: The initial dose is 25-50mg each time, 2 to 4 times a day, and immediately after meals. If well tolerated, the daily dosage can be increased by 25-50mg per week, and the maximum daily dosage should not exceed 200mg. If patients with arthritis have persistent night pain or morning stiffness, 100 mg of the whole day can be given before going to bed.
2. Anti-gout: Oral: the initial dose is 100 mg once, followed by 50 mg, 3 times a day until the pain is relieved, and then gradually reduce the dose as soon as possible until the drug is stopped.
3. Antipyretic: Adult dosage: Oral: 25-50mg each time, 3-4 times a day; Rectal administration: 50mg each time, 50-100mg daily. Dosage for children: Oral: 0.5-1mg/kg each time, 3 times a day.
What is the indomethacin side effects?
Adverse reactions of indomethacin
The incidence of adverse reactions of indomethacin is quite high. Common adverse reactions are as follows: (1) Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and anorexia. In severe cases, ulcers may occur and cause bleeding and perforation. Taking it immediately after a meal can reduce the incidence.
(2) Headache, dizziness, fatigue, and occasionally convulsions, confusion, and syncope are common. Should pay attention to timely discontinuation.
(3) Skin pruritus, erythema, urticaria, and rare asthma attacks, breathing difficulties and even inhibition of breathing and circulation.
(4) Inhibition of hematopoietic system such as neutropenia, aplastic anemia, thrombocytopenia, etc. Although rare, the consequences are more serious. There are other reactions similar to aspirin, and the precautions are the same.
The medicinal effects of indomethacin
(1) Long-term combined use of this product and acetaminophen can increase kidney toxicity and side effects. When combined with other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, the incidence of peptic ulcers increases.
(2) Simultaneous application with aspirin or other salicylates cannot increase the efficacy, but the gastrointestinal side effects increase significantly and can increase bleeding tendency.
(3) Drinking alcohol or using it with corticosteroids and adrenocorticotropic hormone can increase gastrointestinal ulcers or bleeding tendency.
(4) When combined with heparin, oral anticoagulants, and thrombolytic drugs, there is a potential risk of increased bleeding tendency.
(5) When combined with triamterene, it can cause hypofunction of the stomach.
(6) It can increase the risk of gastrointestinal ulcers and bleeding when combined with colchicine and sulfopridone.
Note: The above content is for reference only! Please use this additive under the guidance of an expert!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Indomethacin Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of grains, food and medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Indomethacin
To protect the animal have health grain, food, seafood and medicine, avoid contaminated food. The excess indomethacin is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some grain or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Indomethacin Test?
BALLYA Indomethacin Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
BALLYA Indomethacin Test is suitable for the detection of indomethacin residues in grain, food and seafood. Simple operation, high accuracy and short detection time are the characteristics of this product.
It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.