BALLYA Vitamin B2 Test is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection the content of vitamin B2 in feed, food and medicine, especially in feed and food. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography assay technology.
Vitamin B2 is a kind of B vitamins, also called riboflavin, which is a component of the prosthetic group of yellow enzymes in the body.
The storage of vitamin B2 in the body is very limited, so it must be provided by the diet every day.
Vitamin B2 mechanism of action
The main physiological function of vitamin B2 is to promote metabolism as a coenzyme. Riboflavin is combined with phosphoric acid and a molecule of protein to form a flavozyme. This type of enzyme is also called dehydrogenase. The important thing is that very mediated hydrogen atom transfer is important for the metabolism of sugars, lipids and amino acids. It is an essential factor for the growth of many animals and microorganisms.
Vitamin B2 combines with specific proteins to produce yellow enzymes. Yellow enzymes play a role in transferring hydrogen in material metabolism and participate in the respiration process of tissues.
What is Vitamin B2 used for?
The physiological function of vitamin B2
The main biochemical reactions involved are energy production in the respiratory chain, oxidation of amino acids and lipids, conversion of purine bases to uric acid, hydroxylation of aromatic compounds, synthesis of proteins and certain hormones, transport, storage and mobilization of iron, and participation in folic acidand pyridine. Metabolism of polyaldehydes and niacin, etc.
1. Participate in biological oxidation and energy metabolism in the body. It is related to the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, nucleic acids and fats. It can improve the body's utilization of protein, promote growth and development, and maintain the integrity of skin and cell membranes. It has the function of protecting skin, hair follicle, mucosa and sebaceous glands.
2. Participate in cell growth and metabolism. It is an essential nutrient for body tissue metabolism and repair, such as strengthening liver function and regulating the secretion of adrenaline.
3. Participate in the metabolism of vitamin B6 and niacin. It is a model of the coordinated effect of B vitamins. FAD and FMN are used as prosthetic groups to participate in the conversion of tryptophan to niacin and vitamin B6 to pyridoxal phosphate.
4. It is related to the absorption, storage and mobilization of body iron.
5. It also has antioxidant activity, which may be related to flavinase-glutathione reductase.
The general function of vitamin B2
1. Promote development and cell regeneration; 2. Promote the normal growth of skin, nails and hair; 3. Help prevent and eliminate inflammation in the mouth, lips, tongue and skin, collectively referred to as oral reproductive syndrome; 4. Improve eyesight and reduce eye fatigue; 5. Affect the body's absorption of iron; 6. Combine with other substances to affect biological oxidation and energy metabolism.
What are the Vitamin B2 side effects?
Vitamin B2 deficiency
The clinical symptoms of vitamin B2 deficiency are mostly non-specific, but the symptoms caused by vitamin B2 deficiency often have the characteristics of group disease. The common clinical symptoms include scrotal dermatitis, mouth erosion, seborrheic dermatitis, conjunctival hyperemia and photophobia, Tears, etc.
The mechanism of skin and mucous membrane damage caused by vitamin B2 deficiency may be because riboflavin deficiency can cause vitamin B6 deficiency under certain conditions. Both vitamin B2 deficiency can affect the skin and mucous membranes due to the maturation process of skin collagen.
Vitamin B2 overdose
Numerous medications may cause abdominal pain and gastrointestinal dysfunction. Long-term use of vitamin B2 may cause symptoms such as abnormal blood sugar or oxalate stones.
In addition, there are other adverse reactions such as allergies. Long-term chewing of vitamin B2 tablets may damage tooth enamel.
Note: The above content is for reference only! Please strictly follow the instructions for use, don’t abuse, don’t misuse!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Vitamin B2 Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feed, food and medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Vitamin B2
To protect the animal have health feed, food and medicine, avoid contaminated food. The excess vitamin B2 is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some feed or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Vitamin B2 Test?
BALLYA Vitamin B2 Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
In recent years, the impact of vitamin B2 on human health has received more and more attention, and the requirements for vitamin B2 testing have become higher and higher. Due to the complex composition of various samples, the determination of vitamin B2 is also more complicated. There are many methods for determining the content of vitamin B2, but not every method is suitable.
BALLYA Vitamin B2 Test is suitable for the detection of hormone residues, toxic and harmful substances and antibiotic residues in feed, food and medicine.
It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.