BALLYA Vitamin D3 Test is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection the content of vitamin D3 in feed, food and medicine, especially in feed and food. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography assay technology.
Vitamin D3, also known as cholecalciferol, is a type of vitamin D, which has been proven to be the true active form of vitamin D in the body. There are at least 10 types of vitamin D currently known, but the most important ones are vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) and vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol).
The main source of vitamin D3
Vitamin D3 is a fat-soluble vitamin, known as the "sunshine vitamin", because the skin is moderately exposed to the sun, most people can use ultraviolet rays and cholesterol in the skin to synthesize their own vitamin D.
It is mainly synthesized by the human body. The skin of the human body contains a kind of cholesterol, which becomes vitamin D3 after exposure to sunlight. Therefore, if the child can fully accept direct sunlight for more than 4-6 hours, the vitamin D3 synthesized by itself can basically meet the needs.
What is Vitamin D3 used for?
Physiological functions and effects of vitamin D3
(1) Improve the body's absorption of calcium and phosphorus, so that the levels of plasma calcium and plasma phosphorus reach saturation; (2) Promote growth and bone calcification, and promote healthy teeth; (3) Increase the absorption of phosphorus through the intestinal wall, and increase the reabsorption of phosphorus through the renal tubules; (4) Maintain the normal level of citrate in the blood; (5) Prevent the loss of amino acids through the kidneys.
Clinical application of vitamin D3
1. Reduce the incidence of common cancers, such as breast cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer, etc. 2. Prevention and treatment of autoimmune diseases, hypertension and infectious diseases. 3. Vitamin D regulates the development and function of the placenta, which indicates that maintaining a good vitamin D level in pregnant women can prevent pregnancy complications such as miscarriage, preeclampsia, and premature delivery. 4. Sufficient vitamin D in utero and infants can reduce the incidence of type 1 diabetes, asthma and schizophrenia.
What are the Vitamin D3 side effects?
(1) Patients with hypercalcemia, hypervitamin D, hyperphosphatemia with renal rickets are contraindicated. Patients with coronary heart disease, arteriosclerosis, cardiac insufficiency and hypercalcemia and hypercholesterolemia should be used with caution. It should be used with caution in patients with blood disease, renal insufficiency, babies and pregnant women.
(2) Long-term use of large doses or excessive short-term use can cause toxic reactions. Chronic poisoning can cause dizziness, vomiting, constipation or diarrhea, abdominal pain, muscle weakness, bone pain, etc., and can cause whole body Vascular calcification, renal bone deposition, soft tissue calcification, high blood pressure and even renal failure, and growth and development of children are stopped.When the above reactions occur, the drug should be stopped in time, calcium supplementation should be stopped, and prednisone treatment should be given.
(3) Blood calcium and blood phosphorus concentrations should be monitored during medication.
(4) The use of calcitonin and vitamin D3 together can offset the former's effect on hypercalcemia.
(5) Magnesium-containing antacids are used together with vitamin D3, which can cause hypermagnesemia, especially in patients with chronic renal failure.
Note: The above content is for reference only! Please strictly follow the instructions for use, don’t abuse, don’t misuse!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Vitamin D3 Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feed, food and medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Vitamin D3
To protect the animal have health feed, food and medicine, avoid contaminated food. The excess vitamin D3 is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some feed or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Vitamin D3 Test?
BALLYA Vitamin D3 Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
In recent years, the impact of vitamin D3 on human health has received more and more attention, and the requirements for vitamin D3 testing have become higher and higher. Due to the complex composition of various samples, the determination of vitamin D3 is also more complicated. There are many methods for determining the content of vitamin D3, but not every method is suitable.
BALLYA Vitamin D3 Test is suitable for the detection of hormone residues, toxic and harmful substances and antibiotic residues in feed, food and medicine.
It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.