As a norepinephrine and 5-HT reuptake inhibitor, sibutramine acts mainly through its metabolites. It inhibits the reuptake of 5-HT, norepinephrine and other monoamine information transmission factors by cells, increases physiological oversatisfaction, reduces appetite, and can also induce thermogenesis, increase energy consumption and reduce fat accumulation. It is used for the treatment of obesity where diet control, exercise cannot reduce and control weight.
Pharmacological effects of Sibutramine
Sibutramine is a non-amphetamine appetite suppressant and has antidepressant properties. Sibutramine mainly acts through its secondary (M1) and primary (M2) amine metabolites. Its mechanism of action is to inhibit the reuptake of norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine, and increase satiety and accelerate energy consumption, but has no obvious effect on the release of noradrenaline, serotonin and dopamine.
Studies also show that sibutramine and its amine active metabolites have no obvious anticholinergic, antihistamine and monoamine oxidase inhibitory effects
What is Sibutramine used for?
Sibutramine is suitable for obesity that cannot be reduced and controlled by exercise and diet control, and can reduce weight and maintain lost weight.
Treatment should be combined with low-calorie diet and exercise.
The body mass index of obese patients recommended for medication should be greater than or equal to 30 kg/m or greater than or equal to 27 kg/m and accompanied by other risk factors (such as hypertension, diabetes, dyslipidemia, etc.).
Side effects of sildenafil
The recommended starting dose is 10 mg each time, once a day, which can be taken alone or with food in the morning. If the weight loss is insufficient, the dosage can be adjusted to 15 mg per day after 4 weeks.
If the patient cannot tolerate the 10 mg dose, it can be reduced to 5 mg per day. The dosage should be adjusted according to the patient's blood pressure and heart rate. It is not recommended using a dosage above 15 mg per day.
What is the harm of Sibutramine?
Side effects of sibutramine
1. Reversible thrombocytopenia, sibutramine clinical experimental study found that 0.7% of patients had hemorrhagic ecchymosis.
2. Cardiovascular system: Sibutramine can cause tachycardia and increased blood pressure.
3. Central nervous system: common insomnia, dry mouth and headache. It can also cause irritability, limb cramps, increased tension, abnormal thinking, and seizures.
4. Endocrine/metabolism: Sibutramine has no effect on blood sugar, nor does it cause dyslipidemia and hyperuricemia. There are reports of peripheral edema.
5. Digestive system: fear of food and constipation are common. It may also cause diarrhea, abdominal pain, and flatulence.
6. Respiratory system: There are reports of tracheitis and dyspnea.
7. Urogenital system: There are reports of interstitial nephritis and menstrual disorders.
8. Skin: Sibutramine can cause skin rashes and dry skin, and symptoms such as itching may also occur during medication.
9. Others: it can still cause adverse reactions such as arthritis, fever, and amblyopia.
The suspension of sibutramine
Due to the increased risk of heart disease, the United States, Australia, the European Union and other countries have successively abolished the drug's license and ordered pharmaceutical factories to recall it.
In October 2010, Abbott Pharmaceuticals agreed to stop selling Meridia, a drug containing sibutramine, in the United States.
On October 30, 2010, the State Food and Drug Administration of the People's Republic of China announced that the domestic production, sales and use of sibutramine preparations and APIs would be stopped, and its approval documents would be revoked. The manufacturers responsible for the recall and destruction of drugs on the market.
Note: The above content is for reference only! Please use this additive under the guidance of an expert!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Sibutramine Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of grains, food and medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Sibutramine
To protect the animal have health grain, food, seafood and medicine, avoid contaminated food. The excess sibutramine is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some grain or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Sibutramine Test?
BALLYA Sibutramine Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
BALLYA Sibutramine Test is suitable for the detection of sibutramine residues in grain, food and seafood. Simple operation, high accuracy and short detection time are the characteristics of this product.
It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.