BALLYA Prostaglandin Test is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection prostaglandin residues in feed, food and medicine, especially in feed and food. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography assay technology
Prostaglandins, a type of unsaturated fatty acids with physiological activity, are widely distributed in body tissues and fluids.
The physiological functions of prostaglandins
Prostaglandins bind to specific receptors and play a key role in mediating a series of cell activities such as cell proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis, as well as regulating female reproductive function and childbirth, platelet aggregation, and cardiovascular system balance.
In addition, prostaglandins are also involved in the pathological process of inflammation, cancer, and various cardiovascular diseases.
Human semen is rich in prostaglandins, including prostaglandin E1 and prostaglandin E2.
In vitro studies have shown that Prostaglandin E1 relaxes the smooth muscles of the corpus cavernosum and urethra in a dose-dependent manner. In addition, prostaglandin E1 relaxes the isolated penile artery strips pre-contracted by norepinephrine or prostaglandin Prostaglandin 2α.
Prostaglandin E2 is actually a drug used for induction of labor in the second trimester of pregnancy, which can make women’s cervix soft and help induce labor.
What is Prostaglandin used for?
Physiological effects of prostaglandins
(1) Effect on the reproductive system: acting on the neuroendocrine cells of the luteinizing hormone releasing hormone in the hypothalamus, increasing the release of luteinizing hormone releasing hormone, and then stimulating the secretion of luteinizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone in the anterior pituitary, thereby making testosterone hormone Increased secretion. Prostaglandins can also directly stimulate the secretion of testicular stromal cells.
(2) Effect on vascular and bronchial smooth muscle: Different prostaglandins have different effects on vascular smooth muscle and bronchial smooth muscle. Prostaglandin E and prostaglandin F can relax vascular smooth muscles, thereby reducing the peripheral resistance of blood flow and lowering blood pressure.
(3) Effect on the gastrointestinal tract: It can cause smooth muscle contraction, inhibit gastric acid secretion, prevent the erosion of gastric mucosa by strong acids, alkalis, and anhydrous alcohol, and has a cytoprotective effect. It also has a protective effect on the small intestine, colon and pancreas. It can also stimulate the secretion of intestinal juice, hepatic bile secretion, and contraction of the gallbladder muscle.
(4) Effects on the nervous system: Prostaglandins are widely distributed in the nervous system and regulate the release and activity of neurotransmitters. It is also believed that prostaglandins themselves have neurotransmitters.
(5) Effect on the respiratory system: Prostaglandin E has the effect of relaxing bronchial smooth muscle, while prostaglandin F is the opposite, which is a bronchoconstrictor.
(6) Effect on the endocrine system: by affecting the level of cyclic adenosine monophosphate (CAMP) in endocrine cells, it affects the synthesis and release of hormones. Such as promoting the secretion of thyroxine and the synthesis of adrenal cortex hormones. It also reduces the effect of hormones by reducing CAMP levels in target organs.
Animal husbandry applications of prostaglandins
Now it can be synthesized artificially, and there are many types of new derivatives. In animal husbandry production, it is mainly used to dissolve the corpus luteum and excite the smooth muscle of the uterus.
What are the side effects of Prostaglandin?
Prostaglandins for childbirth
Prostaglandins can be used to induce labor, especially when pregnancy is prolonged. It allows the cervix to contract smoothly. This drug is sometimes put into the birth canal. Side effects include fever, diarrhea, bleeding, the need to perform a caesarean section, neonatal asphyxia, and hypotonia.
Prostaglandins used in abortion
Prostaglandin drugs are also used to induce miscarriage and terminate pregnancy. Side effects include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, flushing, chills, headache and respiratory symptoms.
Prostaglandins for men
Prostaglandins can be used to treat male erectile dysfunction. Side effects include pain at the injection site, pain in the urethra and testicles, bleeding, apnea, fever, seizures, edema, arrhythmia, and priapism. Because of these serious side effects, people who treat erectile dysfunction should use this drug under close medical attention.
Negative effects on glaucoma patients
Prostaglandins can also be used to treat glaucoma to reduce inflammation and intraocular pressure. Side effects range from simple physical reactions to serious to life-threatening health problems. Side effects include long and dark eyelashes, dark iris, and pigmentation around the eyes. Sometimes it can cause blurred vision, itching, burning or rash. More serious side effects include macular edema and iris cysts, and some patients also develop herpes simplex virus keratitis.
Note: Please strictly follow the instructions for use, don’t abuse, don’t misuse!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Prostaglandin Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feed, food and medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Prostaglandin
To protect the animal have health feed, food and medicine, avoid contaminated food. The prostaglandin is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some feed or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Prostaglandin Test?
BALLYA Prostaglandin Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
With the continuous emergence of meat poisoning incidents, the issue of meat safety has attracted more and more attention. As a prohibited drug, the illegal use of prostaglandin in animal husbandry will cause serious consequences and even lead to personnel casualties.
Therefore, it is of great practical significance to strengthen the monitoring of the illegal use of the illegal drug prostaglandin in the meat production process.
BALLYA Prostaglandin Test is suitable for the detection of hormone residues, toxic and harmful substances and antibiotic residues in feed, food and medicine. It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.