BALLYA Hexestrol Test is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection hexestrol residues in feed, seafood, food and medicine, especially in feed and food. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography assay technology.
Hexestrol is a white crystalline powder; it is odorless. It is soluble in ethanol, vegetable oil and dilute alkali hydroxide solution, slightly soluble in chloroform, almost insoluble in water.
Same as diethylstilbestrol, but its effect is weak, only 1/5 of its effect (5 mg is equivalent to 1 mg of diethylstilbestrol).
Pharmacological effects of hexestrol
Hexestrol is a synthetic non-steroidal estrogenic substance that can produce all the pharmacological and therapeutic effects of natural estradiol.
It is mainly used for functional bleeding and amenorrhea caused by hypoestrogen and hormonal imbalance. It can also be used for induced labor before stillbirth to improve the sensitivity of the myometrium to oxytocin, as well as the therapy of prostate cancer.
What is Hexestrol used for?
Hexestrol tablets are mainly used to supplement the lack of estrogen in the body, such as: 1. Atrophic vaginitis, female gonadal dysplasia, menopausal syndrome, senile vulvar dryness and vaginitis, after ovariectomy, primary ovarian absence.
2. Breast cancer, postmenopausal and advanced male breast cancer, who cannot be operated on.
3. Prostate cancer, advanced patients who cannot be treated surgically.
4. Prevent postpartum lactation and return (or return) milk.
Hexestrol used as veterinary drug
Anabolic steroids, combined with strong estrogenic activity, are carcinogenic. Hexestrol is also used in animal production to speed up its growth. Excessive residual hexestrol in poultry or fish may cause harm to consumers.
For this reason, stability has been banned in food production. The EU requires 2ppb as the lower limit of positive.
What are the Hexestrol side effects?
Hexestrol drug interactions
1. When used together with anticoagulant, hexestrol can reduce the anticoagulant effect. When it must be used together, the dosage of anticoagulant should be adjusted. When used together with carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, primidone, and rifampin, it can reduce the effect of hexestrol. This is due to the induction of liver microsomal enzymes and increase the speed of hexestrol Due to metabolism.
2. Used at the same time with tricyclic antidepressants, a large amount of hexestrol can enhance the adverse reactions of antidepressants and reduce their due effects. Simultaneous use with antihypertensive drugs can reduce the antihypertensive effect. Reduce the therapeutic effect of hexestrol. Increase the absorption of calcium.
Precautions for the use of Hexestrol
1. There may be nausea, vomiting, anorexia, headache and other adverse reactions. Long-term application can cause excessive endometrial hyperplasia and cause uterine bleeding and uterine hypertrophy.
2. The medication should be taken according to the specified method. Stopping the medication midway can cause uterine bleeding.
3. Disabled for patients with liver and kidney disease and pregnant women.
4. Avoid use for cancer patients (except prostate cancer patients).
5. A few patients have pain in the heart socket. There is also increased libido.
6. Prohibited for breast disease, endometritis, bleeding tendency and menopausal follicular excess.
7. Long-term large-scale application can induce malignant tumors of the reproductive system; medication during pregnancy has the risk of causing birth defects in the fetus, and the risk of vaginal adenopathy or cervical cancer (DES syndrome) in female infants increases after adulthood.
Note: The above content is for reference only! Please strictly follow the instructions for use, don’t abuse, don’t misuse!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Hexestrol Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feed, seafood, food and medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Hexestrol
To protect the animal have health feed, food and medicine, avoid contaminated food. The hexestrol is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some feed or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Hexestrol Test?
BALLYA Hexestrol Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
With the continuous emergence of meat poisoning incidents, the issue of meat safety has attracted more and more attention. As a prohibited drug, the illegal use of hexestrol in animal husbandry will cause serious consequences and even lead to personnel casualties.
Therefore, it is of great practical significance to strengthen the monitoring of the illegal use of the illegal drug hexestrol in the meat production process.
BALLYA Hexestrol Test is suitable for the detection of hormone residues, toxic and harmful substances and antibiotic residues in feed, food and medicine. It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.