Diethylstilbestrol is a synthetic non-steroidal estrogenic substance. It can produce all the same pharmacological and therapeutic effects as natural estradiol.
It is mainly used for functional bleeding and amenorrhea caused by hypoestrogen and hormonal imbalance. It can also be used for the induction of labor before stillbirth to improve the sensitivity of the myometrium to oxytocin.
Pharmacological effects of diethylstilbestrol
It is a synthetic non-steroidal estrogenic substance that can produce all the pharmacological and therapeutic effects of natural estradiol.
① Promote the normal development of female organs and accessory sexual characteristics. ②Promote endometrial hyperplasia and vaginal epithelial keratosis. ③Enhance uterine contraction and increase the sensitivity of the uterus to oxytocin. ④Small doses stimulate and large doses inhibit the secretion of gonadotropins and prolactin in the anterior pituitary gland. ⑤ Anti-androgen effect.
What is Diethylstilbestrol used for?
1. Replenish the lack of estrogen in the body, such as atrophic vaginitis, female gonadal dysplasia, menopausal syndrome, senile vulvar dryness and vaginitis, after ovariectomy, primary ovarian absence; 2. Breast cancer, postmenopausal and advanced male breast cancer, who cannot be operated on; 3. Prostate cancer, advanced patients who cannot be treated by surgery; 4. Prevent postpartum lactation.
Veterinary Drug Application of Diethylstilbestrol
Anabolic steroids, combined with strong estrogenic activity, are carcinogenic. Diethylstilbestrol is also used in animal production to speed up its growth. Excessive residual diethylstilbestrol in poultry or fish may cause harm to consumers.
For this reason, stability has been banned in food production. The EU requires 2ppb as the lower limit of positive.
What are the Diethylstilbestrol side effects?
Pregnant women who take this drug will increase the incidence of cervical and vaginal adenopathy and adenocarcinoma in female offspring after puberty, and increase the incidence of reproductive tract abnormalities and sperm abnormalities in male offspring.
May have nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, headache, long-term use can cause excessive endometrial hyperplasia and uterine bleeding and hypertrophy.
Drug Interactions of Diethylstilbestrol
1. When used together with anticoagulant, estrogen can reduce the anticoagulant effect. When it must be used together, the dosage of anticoagulant should be adjusted.
When used together with carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, primidone, and rifampin, it can reduce the effect of estrogen. This is due to the induction of liver microsomal enzymes, which speeds up the metabolism of estrogen.
2. When used with tricyclic antidepressants at the same time, a large amount of estrogen can enhance the adverse reactions of antidepressants while reducing their due effects.
Simultaneous use with antihypertensive drugs can reduce the antihypertensive effect. Reduce the therapeutic effect of tamoxifen. Increase the absorption of calcium.
1. Do not use estrogen during pregnancy. Systemic medication may cause fetal malformations. You should also pay attention to vaginal medication.
2. Female fetuses may develop genital tract abnormalities after medication, vaginal adenopathy in adolescence, and rare cases of vaginal or cervical cancer during childbearing age;
3. Male fetuses are feminized and testicular dysplasia.
4. Estrogen can enter milk through the mammary gland and be excreted, and can inhibit lactation. It is forbidden for lactating women.
Note: The above content is for reference only! Please strictly follow the instructions for use, don’t abuse, don’t misuse!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Diethylstilbestrol Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feed, seafood, food and medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Diethylstilbestrol
To protect the animal have health feed, food and medicine, avoid contaminated food. The diethylstilbestrol is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some feed or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Diethylstilbestrol Test?
BALLYA Diethylstilbestrol Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
With the continuous emergence of meat poisoning incidents, the issue of meat safety has attracted more and more attention. As a prohibited drug, the illegal use of diethylstilbestrol in animal husbandry will cause serious consequences and even lead to personnel casualties.
Therefore, it is of great practical significance to strengthen the monitoring of the illegal use of the illegal drug diethylstilbestrol in the meat production process.
BALLYA Diethylstilbestrol Test is suitable for the detection of hormone residues, toxic and harmful substances and antibiotic residues in feed, food and medicine. It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.