BALLYA Hydrocortisone Test is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection hydrocortisone residues in feed, seafood, food and medicine, especially in feed and food. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography assay technology.
Hydrocortisone, also known as cortisol, is an adrenal cortex hormone that is extracted from the adrenal cortex and has the strongest effect on carbohydrate metabolism, which is a kind of glucocorticoid.
What does hydrocortisone do?
(1) Anti-inflammatory effect: Hydrocortisone reduces and prevents the body's inflammatory response by reducing the body's capillary permeability, stabilizing the activity of the lysosomal membrane, and preventing the accumulation of white blood cells in the inflammation site, to achieve Relieve inflammation;
(2) Immunosuppressive effect: Hydrocortisone prevents or inhibits cell-mediated immune response by accelerating the apoptosis of lymphocytes in the body and preventing the formation of mononuclear macrophages;
(3) Antiviral effect: Bacterial endotoxin produced by bacteria can damage human cells, and hydrocortisone can resist its damaging effect on the body and play an antiviral effect.
The effect of hydrocortisone is similar to that of dexamethasone, but the degree of its adverse reactions is less than the latter. It is mainly used for the treatment of adrenal hyperplasia, and can also be used for rheumatoid arthritis, antiviral, and allergic Disease, and can be used for severe infection and anti-shock treatment.
What is Hydrocortisone used for?
Mainly used for the replacement therapy of adrenal hypofunction and the treatment of congenital adrenal hyperplasia,
It can also be used for rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatic fever, gout, bronchial asthma, allergic diseases, and can be used for severe infection and anti-shock treatment.
Hydrocortisone is also the raw material for the preparation of several other important steroid drugs.
This product is a glucocorticoid drug. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, anti-itching and anti-exudation effects for external use, and can eliminate fever, redness and swelling caused by local non-infectious inflammation.
The indications are for allergic dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, allergic eczema and lichenoid pruritus.
Long-term use can cause skin atrophy, telangiectasia, pigmentation and secondary infections. Occasionally allergic reactions.
What are the Hydrocortisone side effects?
Long-term use of large doses can cause obesity, hirsutism, acne, increased blood sugar, blood pressure and intraocular pressure, water and sodium retention, and edema. It can cause hypokalemia, muscle paralysis, excitement, gastrointestinal ulcers, and even gastrointestinal bleeding, perforation, osteoporosis, pathological fractures, wounds that are not easy to heal, cataracts, and blindness. Sudden withdrawal can cause withdrawal syndrome.
Major adverse reactions of Hydrocortisone
(1) Systemic allergic reactions may occur after rapid intravenous administration of large doses, including swelling of the face, nasal mucosa, eyelids, urticaria, shortness of breath, chest tightness, and wheezing.
(2) Patients may have psychiatric symptoms: euphoria, agitation, restlessness, delirium, disorientation, or inhibition.
(3) The hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis is inhibited, which is an important complication of hormone therapy, and its occurrence is related to factors such as preparation, dosage, and treatment course.
(4) Syndrome after glucocorticoid withdrawal.
Hydrocortisone drug interactions
1. Combination with chloramphenicol can enhance the efficacy of hydrocortisone and other glucocorticoids (inhibition of drug enzymes).
2. Combined use with cholinergic drugs (such as neostigmine, pystigmine) can enhance the efficacy of the latter.
3. Hydrocortisone may increase the blood concentration of aminophylline.
4. Contraceptives or estrogen preparations can enhance the therapeutic effects and adverse reactions of hydrocortisone.
Note: The above content is for reference only! Please strictly follow the instructions for use, don’t abuse, don’t misuse!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Hydrocortisone Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feed, seafood, food and medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Hydrocortisone
To protect the animal have health feed, food and medicine, avoid contaminated food. The hydrocortisone is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some feed or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Hydrocortisone Test?
BALLYA Hydrocortisone Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
With the continuous emergence of meat poisoning incidents, the issue of meat safety has attracted more and more attention. As a prohibited drug, the illegal use of hydrocortisone in animal husbandry will cause serious consequences and even lead to personnel casualties.
Therefore, it is of great practical significance to strengthen the monitoring of the illegal use of the illegal drug hydrocortisone in the meat production process.
BALLYA Hydrocortisone Test is suitable for the detection of hormone residues, toxic and harmful substances and antibiotic residues in feed, food and medicine. It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.