What is BALLYA Progesterone Test?
BALLYA Progesterone TestGet A Free Quote!
is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection progesterone residues in feed, food and medicine, especially in feed and food. Lateral flow assay test
base on the gold immunochromatography assay technology.
What is Progesterone?
is a steroid hormone containing 21 carbon atoms secreted by the luteal cells of the ovary. It is also an intermediate product in the synthesis of all steroid hormones and is one of the progesterone. There are two crystal forms, namely α-form and β-form, and the two crystal forms have the same physiological activity.
It is used for habitual or threatened abortion and female animals to estrus at the same time, to delay ovulation of cattle and horses, and to inhibit female animals from estrus.
Precautions for veterinary use
(1) Long-term application can prolong the pregnancy period.
(2) Prohibited for lactating cows
What is Progesterone used for?
Pharmacological effects of progesterone
1. In the second half of the menstrual cycle, it promotes the growth of endometrial glands, uterine hyperemia, thickening of the endometrium, prepares for the implantation of fertilized eggs, reduces the excitability of the uterus during pregnancy, inhibits its activity, and relaxes smooth muscle, Make the embryo grow safely.
2. Under the joint action of estrogen, it promotes the development of breast lobules and glands, so that the breasts fully develop and prepare for lactation.
3. The cervix is closed, the mucus is reduced and thickened, and the sperm is not easily penetrated; in large doses, the negative feedback effect on the hypothalamus can inhibit the secretion of pituitary gonadotropin and produce the effect of inhibiting ovulation.
4. After ovulation, on the basis of hormone action, the endometrium continues to thicken, hyperemia, and the glands proliferate and branch, from the proliferative phase to the secretory phase, which is conducive to the implantation of the pregnant egg and the embryonic development.
5. Inhibit uterine contraction and reduce the sensitivity of the uterus to oxytocin, so that the fetus can grow safely.
6. Competitively fight against aldosterone, thereby promoting the excretion of Na and Cl and diuresis.
7. Progesterone can slightly increase body temperature in normal women, so the basal body temperature in the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle is higher than that in the follicular phase.
What are the Progesterone side effects?
Progesterone adverse reactions
1. (1) Gastrointestinal reactions, poor appetite; (2) Acne; (3) Fluid retention and edema; (4) Weight gain; (5) Allergic dermatitis; (6) Mental depression; (7) Breast Pain; (8) Changes in female libido; (9) Menstrual disorders, irregular bleeding or amenorrhea; (10) Long-term application can cause endometrial atrophy, menstrual flow reduction, and vaginal fungal infections.
2. Uncommon adverse reactions include: headache; pain in the chest, buttocks, legs, especially the gastrocnemius muscle; weakness, numbness or pain in the arms and feet; sudden or unexplained shortness of breath, sudden speech ambiguity, sudden changes in vision, and recovery Sight, varying degrees of blindness, etc.
3. Long-term application can cause abnormal liver function and increase the incidence of ischemic heart disease; endometrial atrophy, reduced menstrual flow, and vaginal fungal infection.
Precautions for the use of progesterone
1. (1) Use with caution within 4 months of pregnancy, and should not be used for early pregnancy test. (2) Use with caution if there is a history of depression. (3) Use with caution in patients with edema.
2. Long-term medication should pay attention to checking liver function, especially breast examination.
3. At present, natural progesterone is commonly used to treat threatened abortion and habitual abortion. Synthetic progesterone
has teratogenic effects on the fetus and must be used with caution.
4. Whether there is progesterone deficiency in premenstrual syndrome is still inconclusive, so the treatment of progesterone is still controversial, but it is still used clinically.
5. Once jaundice occurs, the drug must be stopped.
Note: Please strictly follow the instructions for use, don’t abuse, don’t misuse!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Progesterone Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feed, food and medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry.
You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Progesterone
To protect the animal have health feed, food and medicine, avoid contaminated food. The progesterone is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
Component of BALLYA Progesterone Test?
BALLYA Progesterone Test
, 25 cassettes
Sample Buffer, 1 vial
Disposable micropipette tips (optional)
Kit Instruction, 1pcs
How to use BALLYA Progesterone Test?
1. Take some feed or food specimen
2. Add the supernatant to cassette
3. Wait for 15 minutes to result
4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Progesterone Test?
BALLYA Progesterone Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
With the continuous emergence of meat poisoning incidents, the issue of meat safety has attracted more and more attention. As a prohibited drug, the illegal use of progesterone in animal husbandry will cause serious consequences and even lead to personnel casualties.
Therefore, it is of great practical significance to strengthen the monitoring of the illegal use of the illegal drug progesterone in the meat production process.BALLYA Progesterone Test
is suitable for the detection of hormone residues, toxic and harmful substances and antibiotic residues in feed, food and medicine.
It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.
Where to buy BALLYA Progesterone Test?
Get a free quote now and enjoy a 10% discount!