Cyproheptadine is an anti-allergic drug, which counteracts the effect of histamine on blood vessels and bronchial smooth muscle in the body, thereby eliminating allergic symptoms.
The pharmacological effects of cyproheptadine
Its H1 receptor antagonism is stronger than chlorpheniramine and promethazine, and it has strong anti-serotonin effects and mild anticholinergic, antidepressant and central sedative effects. In addition, it can lower blood sugar and increase appetite.
Its hypoglycemic effect may be through antihistamine and antiserotonin effects, inhibiting the pituitary gland to secrete growth hormone and corticotropin, reducing the two and increasing insulinsecretion. Its appetite-enhancing effect may be due to inhibition of the hypothalamic satiety center influences.
Its molecular structure is very similar to ketotifen, so cyproheptadine also has a certain mast cell and basophil membrane protection or mediator alleviation effect. In addition, it has the effect of stimulating appetite
What is Cyproheptadine used for?
Cyproheptadine can be used for allergic reactions such as urticaria, eczema, allergic and contact dermatitis, and itchy skin.
It can be used for urticaria, eczema, allergic and contact dermatitis, skin itching, etc., with good curative effect. It can also be used for rhinitis, migraine, bronchial asthma, etc.
It also has a certain effect on Cushing's disease and acromegaly.
Used for Nelson syndrome (Nelson syndrome), anorexia nervosa, various allergic diseases, etc.
In recent years, it has been reported that cyproheptadine has achieved good results in the treatment of acanthosis nigricans. Mainly used for urticaria, eczema, allergic and contact dermatitis, such as eyelid contact dermatitis, allergic conjunctivitis.
Usage and dosage
Oral, adult: 4-20 mg daily, divided into 3 to 4 times. Children: 2 to 6 years old 2 mg each time, 2 to 3 times a day; 7 to 14 years old 4 mg each time, 2 to 3 times a day.
What are the side effects of Cyproheptadine?
1. May have skin rash, photosensitivity, hypotension, tachycardia, extrasystole, anaphylactic shock, hemolytic anemia, leukopenia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, fatigue, headache, insomnia, paresthesia, Convulsions, hallucinations, hysteria and other adverse reactions. Digestive disorders are rare.
2. Long-term use of cyproheptadine may cause blood viscosity, and may also increase appetite and cause weight gain. Confusion and ataxia can occur in large doses.
3. Cyproheptadine also has a certain anticholinergic effect, causing dry mouth, bitter mouth, thick sputum, constipation, regulatory dysfunction, decreased lacrimal secretion, thick bronchial secretion, tachycardia, urinary retention, etc.
Precautions for the use of cyproheptadine
1. Avoid use for glaucoma patients. 2. Avoid use for patients with urinary retention, peptic ulcer and pyloric obstruction. 3. Do not use this product for premature births and newborns. 4. Avoid alcoholic beverages when taking medicine. 5. People who are allergic to this product should not use it. 6. Use with caution in the elderly and children under two years old. 7. It is forbidden during work for those who drive machines, vehicles, ships, and engage in high-altitude operations or mechanical operations. 8. Please consult your doctor or pharmacist for the dosage for children. 9. Disable when the traits of this product change 10. In case of overdose or serious adverse reactions, seek medical attention immediately. 11. Children must be used under adult supervision. 12. Please keep this medicine out of reach of children.
Note: Please strictly follow the instructions for use, don’t abuse, don’t misuse!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Cyproheptadine Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feed, food and medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Cyproheptadine
To protect the animal have health feed, food and medicine, avoid contaminated food. The cyproheptadine is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some feed or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Cyproheptadine Test?
BALLYA Cyproheptadine Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
With the continuous emergence of meat poisoning incidents, the issue of meat safety has attracted more and more attention. As a prohibited drug, the illegal use of cyproheptadine in animal husbandry will cause serious consequences and even lead to personnel casualties.
Therefore, it is of great practical significance to strengthen the monitoring of the illegal use of the illegal drug cyproheptadine in the meat production process.
BALLYA Cyproheptadine Test is suitable for the detection of hormone residues, toxic and harmful substances and antibiotic residues in feed, food and medicine. It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.