Fipronil is a kind of phenylpyrazole insecticide with a wide insecticidal spectrum. It is mainly gastric toxic to pests, and has both contact and certain systemic effects.
Mechanism of action of fipronil
It's mechanism of action is to hinder the chloride metabolism controlled by insect gamma-aminobutyric acid, so it has high insecticidal activity against important pests such as aphids, leafhoppers, planthoppers, lepidopteran larvae, flies and coleoptera, and it crops are harmless.
What is Fipronil used for?
It can be used for rice, cotton, vegetables, soybeans, rape, tobacco, potatoes, tea, sorghum, corn, fruit trees, forests, public health, animal husbandry, etc., to control rice borers, brown planthoppers, rice weevil, cotton bollworm, armyworm, side dishes Moths, Pieris rapae, Brassica oleracea, beetles, cut rootworms, bulb nematodes, caterpillars, fruit tree mosquitoes, pipe aphid, coccidia, trichomoniasis, etc. The recommended dosage is 12.5～150g/hm2.
Uses of fipronil
1. Containing flupyrazole broad-spectrum insecticides, high activity, wide application range, against Hemiptera, Thysanoptera, Coleoptera, Lepidoptera and other pests and pyrethroid, carbamate insecticides Pests that have developed resistance also show extremely high sensitivity.
2. Mainly used in rice, sugar cane, potatoes and other crops. In terms of animal health, it is mainly used to kill parasites such as fleas and lice on cats and dogs.
What are the side effects of Fipronil?
Precautions for the use of fipronil
1. Pay attention to mixing with soil during soil treatment to maximize the advantages of low dosage.
2. Fipronil is highly toxic to prawns, crabs, and bees, and it is easy to kill natural enemy insects such as spiders and larvae. The use of rice field fish, crab and beekeeping areas is restricted. After pesticide application in general areas, the field water should not be discharged into fishponds and river ditches to avoid pollution of water sources and poison fish and shrimp.
3. Avoid direct contact of the drug with skin and eyes. Once in contact, rinse with plenty of water.
4. After application, wash the whole body with soap, and wash the protective equipment such as work clothes with strong alkaline detergent.
5. In case of accidental ingestion, you need to induce vomiting and seek medical advice as soon as possible with a fipronil bottle label so that the doctor can rescue you according to the bottle label instructions. Phenobarbital drugs can relieve symptoms of poisoning.
6. This agent should be kept in a dry and cool place in its original packaging, away from food and feed, and out of children's reach.
Note: Please strictly follow the instructions for use, don’t abuse, don’t misuse!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Fipronil Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feed, grain, food, medicine and Chinese herbal medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Fipronil
To protect the animal have health feed, grain, food, medicine and tobacco, avoid contaminated food. The fipronil is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Fipronil Test?
BALLYA Fipronil Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
In recent years, with the prohibition of a number of highly toxic pesticides, the use of fipronil pesticides in China has increased, and their residues in agricultural products have also attracted more and more attention. Among them, the fipronil pesticides are particularly widely used in vegetable and fruit planting. The food safety problems caused by their residues have attracted increasing attention.
The BALLYA Fipronil Test provided by BALLYA can effectively detect the fipronil in the samples. Simple operation, short detection time and high accuracy are the characteristics of this product.