Atrazine is a systemic selective pre-emergence and post-emergence closed herbicide. The roots are mainly absorbed, but the stems and leaves are rarely absorbed.
The herbicidal effect and selectivity are the same as simazine. It is easy to be washed by rain to deeper soil layers. It is also effective for some deep-rooted grasses, but it is prone to phytotoxicity. The validity period is also longer.
Atrazine weeding principle
It is mainly absorbed by plant roots and conducted upwards, inhibiting the photosynthesis of weeds (such as cocklebur, foxtail, ragweed, and wild cucumber, etc.) and causing them to die.
Atrazine preparation method
1. Use cyanuric chloride to react with ethylamine and isopropylamine in an alkaline medium in two steps to replace two chlorine atoms to produce atrazine.
2. Using cyanuric chloride as a raw material, mixing cyanuric chloride with a solvent, first reacting with ethylamine, then with isopropylamine, after separation, drying and other treatments to obtain atrazine powder.
What is Atrazine used for?
Use of Atrazine
1. The use of corn field summer corn is used as medicine before emergence after sowing.
2. Sugarcane field use 5-7 days after the sugarcane is planted, part of the weeds are unearthed, use 50% wettable powder or 40% suspending agent 200-250g per mu, add 30kg water, and spray evenly on the ground.
3. Tea gardens, orchards, and vineyards use the field weeds germination peak period from April to May, first remove the unearthed large grasses and overwintering miscellaneous, and then use 250-300 grams of 40% suspending agent per acre, and spray 40 kg of water evenly Cloth table.
Atrazine is a herbicide for pre-emergence soil treatment and can also be used for post-emergence stem and leaf treatment. During use, drought has a greater impact on the efficacy of the drug. It mainly acts on dicotyledonous plants and focuses on sealing, but the effect on large grasses is relatively unsatisfactory.
What are the side effects of Atrazine?
Atrazine can be absorbed into the body through inhalation and through the skin and digestive tract. Atrazine is moderately toxic to humans and mammals and can cause abdominal pain, diarrhea and vomiting.
Atrazine can accumulate in aquatic organisms and is extremely toxic to lower animals in water bodies. Endocrine disrupting effect, genotoxicity, reproductive toxicity and other hazards to mammals.
In addition to causing harm to aquatic organisms, amphibians and mammals, atrazine can also have a toxic effect on earthworms and microorganisms and other soil organisms, or affect their reproduction.
On October 27, 2017, the list of carcinogens published by the International Agency for Research on Cancer of the World Health Organization was initially compiled for reference. Atrazine was included in the list of three types of carcinogens.
Atrazine use precautions
1. Atrazine has a long lasting effect and is harmful to the following sensitive crops such as wheat, soybeans, rice, etc. The lasting period is 2-3 months. It can be combined with other herbicides such as nicosulfuron or A Mixed use of sulcotrione and other solutions.
2. Peach trees are sensitive to atrazine and should not be used in Taoyuan. Corn intercropped with beans cannot be used.
3. When dealing with soil surface, it is required that the ground should be leveled and fined before application.
4. All tools should be carefully cleaned after application.
Note: Please strictly follow the instructions for use, don’t abuse, don’t misuse!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Atrazine Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feed, grain, food, medicine and Chinese herbal medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Atrazine
To protect the animal have health feed, grain, food, medicine and tobacco, avoid contaminated food. The atrazine is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Atrazine Test?
BALLYA Atrazine Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
In recent years, with the prohibition of a number of highly toxic pesticides, the use of atrazine pesticides in China has increased, and their residues in agricultural products have also attracted more and more attention. Among them, the atrazine pesticides are particularly widely used in vegetable and fruit planting. The food safety problems caused by their residues have attracted increasing attention.
The BALLYA Atrazine Test provided by BALLYA can effectively detect the atrazine in the samples. Simple operation, short detection time and high accuracy are the characteristics of this product.