Thiamethoxam is a second-generation nicotine high-efficiency and low-toxic insecticide. It has stomach toxicity, touch killing and systemic activity to pests, and is used for foliar spray and soil irrigation. After application, it is quickly absorbed internally and transmitted to various parts of the plant. It has a good control effect on sucking pests such as aphids, planthoppers, leafhoppers, whiteflies, etc.
Thiamethoxam Mechanism of Action
Like other neonicotinoid insecticides and nicotine, thiamethoxam is also a nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR) agonist. Thiamethoxam has the strongest systemic conductivity, followed by contact activity, and has a certain degree of permeability.
What is Thiamethoxam used for?
Thiamethoxam product features
Thiamethoxam also has an advantage that other insecticides cannot match, that is, it can activate plant stress resistance proteins, make crop stems and roots stronger, and make plants grow stronger.
Because thiamethoxam has greater water solubility, it performs well under different environmental conditions, especially in dry soil environments, its biological activity is significantly better than the control (such as imidacloprid, etc.).
Use of Thiamethoxam
1. To control rice planthoppers, use 1.6-3.2 grams of 25% thiamethoxam water dispersible granules (active ingredients: 0.4-0.8 grams) per acre, and spray at the beginning of the nymphs, with a spray volume of 30-40 liters per acre. Spray directly on the leaf surface, which can quickly spread to the whole rice plant.
2. To control apple aphids, use 5000～10000 times solution of 25% thiamethoxam or add 10～20ml 25% thiamethoxam per 100 liters of water (effective concentration 25～50 mg/liter), or use 5～10 grams per mu (active ingredient) 1.25～2.5g) for foliar spray.
3. The concentration used for the control of whitefly on melons is 2500-5000 times, or spray with 10-2 Chemicalbook 0 grams (active ingredients 2.5-5 grams) per mu.
4. For the prevention and control of cotton thrips, use 25% thiamethoxam 13 to 26 grams per mu (active ingredient 3.25 to 6.5 grams) to spray.
5. Use 25% thiamethoxam 10000 times solution for prevention and control of pear psyllids or add 10 ml per 100 liters of water (effective concentration 25 mg/liter), or spray with 6 grams per mu of orchard (effective ingredient 1.5 grams).
6. For control of citrus leafminer, use 25% thiamethoxam 3000-4000 times solution or add 25-33 ml per 100 liters of water (effective concentration 62.5-83.3 mg/liter), or spray with 15 grams per mu (effective ingredient 3.75 grams).
What are the side effects of Thiamethoxam?
According to China's pesticide toxicity classification standards, it is a low-toxic pesticide. Acute oral LD501563 mg/kg for rats, acute dermal LD502000 mg/kg for rats, acute inhalation LC503720 mg/kg (4 hours) for rats, no irritation to eyes and skin.
Low toxicity, generally will not cause poisoning accidents, such as discomfort caused by accidental ingestion and other poisoning symptoms, there is no special antidote, you can ask a doctor for symptomatic treatment
Precautions for Thiamethoxam
Can’t be mixed with alkaline agents. Do not store in the environment below minus 10℃ and above 35℃. Toxic to bees, special attention should be paid when applying medicine.
The insecticidal activity of this medicine is very high, do not blindly increase the dosage when using the medicine
Note: Please strictly follow the instructions for use, don’t abuse, don’t misuse!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Thiamethoxam Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feed, grain, food, medicine and Chinese herbal medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Thiamethoxam
To protect the animal have health feed, grain, food, medicine and tobacco, avoid contaminated food. The thiamethoxam is harmful for animal being, can not take too much in the body.
1. Take some specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Thiamethoxam Test?
BALLYA Thiamethoxam Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
In recent years, with the prohibition of a number of highly toxic pesticides, the use of thiamethoxam pesticides in China has increased, and their residues in agricultural products have also attracted more and more attention. Among them, the thiamethoxam pesticides are particularly widely used in vegetable and fruit planting. The food safety problems caused by their residues have attracted increasing attention.
The BALLYA Thiamethoxam Test provided by BALLYA can effectively detect the thiamethoxam in the samples. Simple operation, short detection time and high accuracy are the characteristics of this product.