BALLYA Gibberellin Test is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection gibberellin residues in feed, grain, food, medicine and tobacco, especially in feed and grain. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography assay technology.
Gibberellin is a kind of plant hormone with gibberellin ring structure that can promote plant growth. It exists in both free and combined forms. Generally, there are at least two or more gibberellins in plants, and different gibberellins can be transformed into each other.
Mechanism of action of gibberellin
It mainly promotes cell elongation and hardly affects cell division. Exogenous gibberellin enters the plant body and has the same physiological function as endogenous gibberellin.
Gibberellin enters the plant body mainly through leaves, twigs, flowers, seeds or fruits, and then conducts to active parts to work.
Promote cell and stem elongation, leaf expansion, parthenocarpy, fruit growth, break seed dormancy, change the ratio of male and female flowers, affect flowering time, and reduce the shedding of flowers and fruits. It is an antagonist of growth inhibitors such as paclobutrazol and paraquat.
Distribution of Gibberellin
It is widely distributed in quilts, gymnosperms, ferns, brown algae, green algae, fungi and bacteria, and mostly exists in vigorously growing parts, such as stem tips, young leaves, root tips and fruit seeds.
Each organ or tissue contains more than two kinds of gibberellins, and the type, quantity and state (free state or combined state) of gibberellins vary according to the developmental stage of the plant.
GA is different from auxin in that its transport does not show polarity. The transportation speed between different plants varies greatly.
What is Gibberellin used for?
The effect of gibberellin is 100% effective on crops, and the effect is lasting, more efficient, more stable, and safer. It is best to spray at the seedling stage to develop the root system and prevent diseases.
It can significantly promote plant stems, Leaf growth, such as spraying during the growth period, can also balance nutrition and help crop growth. Spraying during the flowering period can preserve flowers and fruits, and can also make the fruit expand and be more beautiful.
Spraying during the full bloom period of cotton can effectively reduce buds. The boll falls off, increases the rate of boll setting, and can effectively eliminate crop diseases
Application of Gibberellin
1. Improve the yield of three-line hybrid rice seed production: This is a major innovation in hybrid rice seed production in recent years and an important technical measure.
2. Promote seed germination. Gibberellin can effectively break the dormancy of seeds and tubers and promote germination. Treating potatoes with 0.5 to 1 mg/kg gibberellin solution can break dormancy and is suitable for potato cultivation in the second season.
3. Speed up growth and increase yield. Gibberellic acid GA3 can effectively promote the growth of plant stalks and increase leaf area, thereby increasing yield.
4. Promote flowering. Gibberellic acid GA3 can replace the low temperature or light conditions required for flowering.
5. Increase fruit yield. Grape, apple, pear, jujube, etc. are sprayed with 10-30ppm GA3 in the young fruit period to increase the fruit setting rate.
What are the side effects of Gibberellin?
Attention to the use of gibberellin
1. Spraying gibberellin should be carried out when the average daily temperature is above 23℃, because the flowers and fruits will not develop when the temperature is low, and gibberellin will not work.
2. When spraying, it is required to spray quickly with fine mist, and spray the liquid medicine evenly on the flowers. If the concentration is too high, it will cause the plants to grow long, albino, and even die or deform.
3. Many gibberellin manufacturers on the market have inconsistent active ingredient content. It is recommended to spray strictly according to the instructions when using.
4. Because gibberellin requires precise configuration when using it, special personnel are required to check the equipment and use it uniformly.
Note: Please strictly follow the instructions for use, don’t abuse, don’t misuse!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Gibberellin Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feed, grain, food, medicine and Chinese herbal medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Gibberellin
To protect the animal have health feed, grain, food, medicine and tobacco, avoid contaminated food. The gibberellin is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Gibberellin Test?
BALLYA Gibberellin Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
In recent years, with the prohibition of a number of highly toxic pesticides, the use of gibberellin pesticides in China has increased, and their residues in agricultural products have also attracted more and more attention. Among them, the gibberellin pesticides are particularly widely used in vegetable and fruit planting. The food safety problems caused by their residues have attracted increasing attention.
The BALLYA Gibberellin Test provided by BALLYA can effectively detect the gibberellin in the samples. Simple operation, short detection time and high accuracy are the characteristics of this product.