What is BALLYA Toxoplasmosis Test?
BALLYA Toxoplasmosis TestGet A Free Quote!
is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection Toxoplasmosis disease in pigs and pets. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography
What is Toxoplasmosis?
is a zoonotic disease caused by Toxoplasma gondii. It is widely parasitic on nucleated cells in humans and animals. Recessive infections are common in humans; the clinical manifestations of patients are complicated, and their symptoms and signs lack specificity, which easily leads to misdiagnosis and mainly invades the eyes, brain, heart, liver and lymph nodes.
Toxoplasmosis often occurs in the early stage of the disease in patients with low immunity. As the disease progresses, systemic symptoms such as high fever, fatigue, muscle soreness, and other symptoms can occur. Symptoms such as drowsiness coma, visual field defects, seizures, intracranial hypertension, and mental disorders can also cause symptoms and signs of damage to the brain stem, cerebellum, and basal ganglia.
1. With clinical symptoms and characteristics.
2. Exclude other diseases that are confused with it.
3. Etiology positive.
4. Detection of two specific positive IgM, IgG, IgA antibodies.
How is toxoplasmosis transmitted? Toxoplasma can cause infections in humans and various animals, and technically they are called hosts. There are many hosts of toxoplasma gondii, and the route of infection varies from host to host.
Congenital infection: A pregnant woman has a primary infection (ie, the first or first infection) during pregnancy and can be transmitted to the fetus through the placenta. Congenital infection is the most important form of infection.
Antibodies used for detection are mainly tachyzoite-soluble antigens (cytoplasmic antigens) and membrane antigens. The former antibody appeared earlier (detected by staining test, indirect immunofluorescence test), while the latter antibody appeared later (detected by indirect hemagglutination test, etc.). Using multiple methods at the same time can complement each other and increase the detection rate. Because Toxoplasma gondii can exist in human cells for a long time, it is difficult to detect antibodies in the current or past infections. It can be judged based on the antibody titer and its dynamics.
What is Toxoplasma gondii?
Toxoplasma gondii is an opportunistic pathogen. The immune status of the body, especially the cellular immune status, is closely related to the development and outcome of the infection. Humans have strong natural immunity. Toxoplasma gondii in the immune-sufficient populations are mostly invisible infections, causing parasitic immunity, and can cause infection activation in people with low immune function.
In addition to the invasion of Toxoplasma gondii, in addition to its virulence, the host's immune status also plays an important role. Therefore, the severity of Toxoplasmosis depends on the outcome of the interaction between the parasite and the host
Toxoplasma gondii infection
Toxoplasma infection is mainly caused by ingestion of food contaminated by feline and canine body fluids or feces. Toxoplasma infections are ultimately ingested through food. There is also blood infection. There are four main proven and more likely routes of transmission:
1. Eating raw meat or undercooked meat, especially pork, lamb and venison, and eating raw beef is also considered to be the most important channel for Toxoplasma infection in urban residents;
2. After transporting or touching raw meat or raw internal organs, put it in your mouth without cleaning your hands;
3. Contact cat feces or objects in contact with cat feces;
4. Live with worms and dogs.
Toxoplasma gondii life cycle
The life cycle of Toxoplasma gondii can be summarized into two components: the sexual part that occurs only in cats (cats, wildcats or domestic cats), and almost all warm-blooded animals (including humans, cats, and birds). Because of Toxoplasma gondii Sexual reproduction is only possible in cats, so cats are the authoritative host for Toxoplasma gondii. All other hosts, of which asexual reproduction only, are intermediate hosts.
The Toxoplasmosis in animals
Toxoplasmosis in suis
Toxoplasmosis suis is a protozoan disease caused by Toxoplasma gondii, also known as toxoplasmosis. Toxoplasmosis is a zoonotic disease with a wide range of host species and high infection rates in both humans and animals.
Toxoplasmosis suis diagnosis
Directly examine the lungs, livers, and lymph nodes for smears, and check with Gibbs fluid; or take the body fluids and cerebrospinal fluid of the affected animals for smears; or lyse the lymph nodes and add physiological saline to filter them. Take the sediment for microscopic examination of smear staining. This method is simple, but there are false negatives, and further diagnosis must be performed on negative pigs.
Toxoplasmosis in cats
Cats are usually infected invisibly after infection with Toxoplasma. When young cats or the body is under stress, they can have an acute attack. It showed elevated body temperature, chancre, dyspnea and pneumonia, and some showed neurological symptoms. Adult cats are mostly carriers, and postmortem dissection shows inflammatory necrotic changes in the lungs, liver, spleen, lymph nodes, myocardium, and brain. Necrosis was seen under the microscope, and there were polymorphic trophozoites around, and some had resting cysts in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscle.
Toxoplasmosis in dogs
There are two types of toxoplasmosis: 1 Acute type: dogs can have fever, body temperature above 40 degrees, apathy, lethargy, difficulty breathing, anorexia, or vomiting and diarrhea. 2 Chronic: Dogs show weight loss, anemia, loss of appetite, and sometimes neurological symptoms. Prevention and treatment: Pay attention to the sanitary environment and diet of dogs.
How to preven Toxoplasmosis disease?
1. Check before and during pregnancy.
2. Domestic cats are best fed with dry feed and cooked food. Regularly clean the cat's nest, but pregnant women should not participate in cleaning.
3. Both low temperature (-13 ℃) and high temperature (67 ℃) can kill Toxoplasma gondii in meat.
4. Wash hands, cutting boards, knives, etc., and items that have come into contact with raw meat with soap and water.
5. Wash vegetables thoroughly before eating.
6. Improve the medical personnel and animal husbandry and veterinary personnel's understanding of the disease and master the diagnosis and treatment of the disease. Investigate the infection of people and animals, especially livestock, and related factors in order to develop practical control measures.
7. Do a good job of changing two pipes and five parts of water and feces. Pay special attention to prevent cat feces that may have toxoplasma oocysts from contaminating water sources, food and feed.
Which animals can be detected by the BALLYA Toxoplasmosis test?
Pigs, household pets, etc. can use the BALLYA Toxoplasmosis Test for mycoplasma detection. In the future, BALLYA will conduct more studies on mycoplasma in different types of animals.
You can choose according to your needs.
Significance of testing Toxoplasmosis
In order to ensure the safety of consumers, reduce the economic loss of the owner of the breeding plant, prevent the sick pigs from entering the market, and treat the sick pigs in time, the Toxoplasmosis Test can play a key role. Ensure the safety of farm owners and consumers, reduce unnecessary losses.
Component of BALLYA Toxoplasmosis Test?
BALLYA Toxoplasmosis Test
, 20 cassettes
Swab, 20 pcs
PE Groves, 1 packet
Sample Buffer, 20 vialsMini Pipette
Disposable micropipette tips (optional)
Kit Instruction, 1pcs
How to use BALLYA Toxoplasmosis Test?
1. Pipetting the whole blood, centrifuge for 3-5 minutes at 2000-3000 r/m to separate the serum. Or standing the whole blood overnight at 4ºC to separate the serum. The whole blood (without anticoagulant and preprocessing) can also be tested immediately.
2. Take out and place the test card on the flat desk.
3. Add 3 drop sample into the sample well.
4. Read the result for 10-20 minutes. The result after 20 minutes is invalid.
Limitations of BALLYA Toxoplasmosis Test?
BALLYA Toxoplasmosis Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
In pig breeding, Toxoplasmosis gondii is a common disease. The main clinical symptoms and viral diseases are very similar at the time of onset. Therefore, it is easy to misdiagnose during diagnosis and hinder treatment. The toxoplasmosis is a zoonotic disease with a high incidence, reducing the possibility of toxoplasmosis has become a very good prevention measure.BALLYA Toxoplasmosis Test
provided by BALLYA
can effectively detect whether pigs or pets have toxoplasmosis. This kit is not only simple to operate, but also has a short test time and high accuracy. Allow the veterinarian to respond accordingly.