BALLYA Diazepam Testis manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection diazepam residues in feed, food and medicine, especially in feed and food. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography assay technology.
Diazepam, also known as Valium, is a sedative, hypnotic or anxiolytic drug commonly used in psychiatrics. Diazepam belongs to the class of benzodiazepines and has strong sedative, hypnotic, anti-anxiety, muscle relaxation and anticonvulsant effects.
Pharmacological effects of diazepam
(1) Anti-anxiety, sedative and hypnotic effects. By stimulating the GABA receptors in the ascending reticular activation system, the inhibition of GABA in the central nervous system is enhanced, and the inhibition and blocking of the cortical and borderline arousal responses after the brainstem reticular structure is stimulated. Molecular pharmacology studies suggest that by reducing or antagonizing the synthesis of GABA, the sedative and hypnotic effects of this class of drugs are reduced. Increasing its concentration can enhance the hypnotic effects of benzodiazepines.
(2) The effect of forgetting. Diazepam can interfere with the establishment of memory pathways at therapeutic doses, thereby affecting recent memory.
(3) Anticonvulsant effect. It may be due to the enhancement of presynaptic inhibition and inhibition of cortical-thalamus and limbic system epileptic foci that cause the spread of epileptic activity, but cannot eliminate the abnormal activity of the foci.
(4) Relaxation of skeletal muscles. Mainly inhibit the spinal cord multi-synaptic efferent pathway and single synaptic efferent pathway. Diazepam inhibits multiple synapses and single synaptic reflexes due to its inhibitory neurotransmitter or blocking excitatory synaptic transmission. Benzodiazepines may also directly inhibit motor nerve and muscle function.
What is Diazepam used for?
1. Mainly used for anxiety, sedation and hypnosis, but also used as anti-epileptic and anti-convulsant; 2. Relieve reflex muscle spasm caused by inflammation; 3. For the treatment of panic disorder; 4. Muscle tension headache 5. It can treat familial, senile and essential tremor. 6. Can be used for pre-anaesthesia administration.
Diazepam usage and dosage
Common dosage for adults: anti-anxiety, 2.5~10 mg once, 2~4 times a day; sedation, 2.5~5 mg once, 3 times a day; hypnosis, 5~10 mg before bedtime; acute alcohol withdrawal, once on the first day 10 mg, 3~4 times a day, then reduce to 5 mg once as needed, 3~4 times a day.
Children's usual dosage: not used under 6 months, more than 6 months, 1~2.5 mg once or 40~200μg/kg according to body weight or 1.17~6 mg/m2 according to body surface area, 3~4 times a day, the dosage should be increased according to the situation Less. The maximum dose does not exceed 10 mg.
What are the Diazepam side effects?
Diazepam adverse reactions
1. Common adverse reactions, drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, etc., high doses may cause ataxia and tremor. 2. Rarely, there is a skin rash, leukopenia. 3. Individual patients experience excitement, multilingualism, sleep disturbance, and even hallucinations. After stopping the drug, the above symptoms disappeared quickly. 4. Long-term continuous medication can cause dependence and addiction. Withdrawal symptoms may occur when the medication is stopped, and the symptoms may be agitation or depression.
Diazepam drug interactionsedit
1. Combination with central depressants can increase respiratory depression. 2. When combined with addictive and other potentially addictive drugs, the risk of addiction increases. 3. When combined with alcohol, general anesthetics, clonidine, analgesics, phenothiazines, monoamine oxidase type A inhibitors, and tricyclic antidepressants, they can synergize each other, and the dosage should be adjusted. 4. Combination with antihypertensive drugs and diuretic antihypertensive drugs can enhance the antihypertensive effect. 5. Combination of this drug with cimetidine and propranolol slows down clearance and prolongs plasma half-life. 6. Combination with primidone may slow down the metabolism of the latter, so the dosage of primidone needs to be adjusted. 7. When combined with levodopa, it can reduce the efficacy of the latter. 8. Combined use with rifampin can increase the elimination of this product and decrease the blood concentration. 9. Isoniazid inhibits the elimination of this product, resulting in increased blood concentration. 10. Combined use with digoxin can increase the blood concentration of digoxin and cause poisoning.
Note: The above content is for reference only! Please strictly follow the instructions for use, don’t abuse, don’t misuse!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Diazepam Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feed, food and medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Diazepam
To protect the animal have health feed, food and medicine, avoid contaminated food. The diazepam is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some feed or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Diazepam Test?
BALLYA Diazepam Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
Sedative drugs, as drugs that inhibit the central nervous system of animals, are widely used in veterinary clinics. The detection of sedative drug residues is a necessary way to accurately grasp the status of drug residues in animal-derived foods. For different detection sources and different detection drugs, choosing the correct detection method is crucial.
As the application of sedatives becomes more and more widespread, and there are more and more types, detection methods require not only high efficiency, sensitivity and accuracy, but also good reproducibility and stability.
BALLYA Diazepam Test is suitable for the detection of hormone residues, toxic and harmful substances and antibiotic residues in feed, food and medicine. It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.