Nitrazepam, sold under the brand name Mogadon among others, is a hypnotic drug of the benzodiazepine class used for short-term relief from severe, disabling anxiety and insomnia. It also has sedative (calming) properties, as well as amnestic (inducing forgetfulness), anticonvulsant, and skeletal muscle relaxant effects.
Pharmacological effects of nitrazepam
This product is a benzodiazepine anti-anxiety drug. Its mechanism of action is related to its selective action on the limbic system of the brain, binding to central benzodiazepine receptors, promoting the release of gamma aminobutyric acid, and promoting synaptic transmission. Has a stable, calming and significant hypnotic effect. This product also has central muscle relaxation and anticonvulsant effects.
What is Nitrazepam used for?
Nitrazepam has stability, sedation, anti-anxiety effects and significant hypnotic effects.It is characterized by causing similar physiological sleep without obvious sequelae effects.It has a strong anti-epileptic effect and is used for various sleep and epilepsy.
1. Mainly used to treat insomnia and anticonvulsant. 2. Treat epilepsy in combination with antiepileptic drugs.
Nitrazepam can be taken on an empty stomach or at the same time as food and milk. You should take the medicine correctly as directed by your doctor.
Nitrazepam has the best effect when the blood concentration remains stable, so it should be administered at equal intervals, such as 3 times a day, and it should be taken every 8 hours.
Try not to forget to take the medicine. If a missed dose occurs and it is found within 1 hour, it should be refilled as soon as possible; if it exceeds 1 hour, do not refill it, resume the regular medication regimen, and do not double the dose next time. If you forget to take the drug twice or More than two times, please contact your doctor immediately.
What are the Nitrazepam side effects?
Adverse reactions of Nitrazepam
①Drowsiness, hangover, dizziness during the day, which can inhibit breathing; ②The elderly may have mental confusion; ③The secretion of mucus and saliva may increase when children take large amounts; ④Long-term use may be mildly addictive; ⑤Sudden discontinuation of the drug after taking it for a period of time can make insomnia repeated.
Symptoms of poisoning: coma, lowered blood pressure, respiratory depression, and slow heartbeat may occur in large doses of poisoning.
Treatment: Immediately induce vomiting, gastric lavage, catharsis to eliminate the drug, and give symptomatic treatment and supportive therapy according to the condition.
Nitrazepam drug interactions
1. When this product is used in combination with addictive and other potentially addictive drugs, the risk of addiction increases.
2. When drinking alcohol and combined with general anesthetics, clonidine, analgesics, monoamine oxidase inhibitors and tricyclic antidepressants, they can synergize each other.
3. The absorption of this product can be delayed when the product is used in combination with antacids.
4. When this product is used in combination with antihypertensive drugs or diuretic antihypertensive drugs, the antihypertensive effect can be enhanced.
5. When this product is used in combination with calcium ion channel antagonists, it can aggravate hypotension.
6. When this product is used in combination with cimetidine, it can inhibit the liver metabolism of this product, thereby slowing down the clearance and increasing the blood concentration.
7. The combination of this product and propranolol can cause changes in the type and (or) frequency of seizures, and the dosage should be adjusted in time.
8. When this product is used in combination with carbamazepine, due to the induction of liver microsomal enzymes, the plasma concentration of both can be reduced, and the elimination half-life can be shortened.
9. When this product is combined with levodopa, it can reduce the efficacy of the latter.
10. Combining this product with antifungal drugs ketoconazole and itraconazole can improve the efficacy of this product and increase its toxicity.
Note: The above content is for reference only! Please strictly follow the instructions for use, don’t abuse, don’t misuse!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Nitrazepam Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feed, food and medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Nitrazepam
To protect the animal have health feed, food and medicine, avoid contaminated food. The nitrazepam is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some feed or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Nitrazepam Test?
BALLYA Nitrazepam Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
Sedative drugs, as drugs that inhibit the central nervous system of animals, are widely used in veterinary clinics. The detection of sedative drug residues is a necessary way to accurately grasp the status of drug residues in animal-derived foods. For different detection sources and different detection drugs, choosing the correct detection method is crucial.
As the application of sedatives becomes more and more widespread, and there are more and more types, detection methods require not only high efficiency, sensitivity and accuracy, but also good reproducibility and stability.
BALLYA Nitrazepam Test is suitable for the detection of hormone residues, toxic and harmful substances and antibiotic residues in feed, food and medicine. It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.