BALLYA Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Test is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection the content of pseudomonas aeruginosa in feed, food, seafood and medicine, especially in feed and food. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography assay technology.
Pseudomonas aeruginosa is widely distributed in nature and is one of the most common bacteria found in soil. All kinds of water, air, skin, respiratory tract and intestinal tract of normal people have these bacteria. The important condition for existence is a humid environment.
This bacterium is a common conditional pathogen and belongs to non-fermenting Gram-negative bacilli. The bacteria are slender and vary in length, sometimes in the shape of a club or thread, arranged in pairs or short chains. There is a single flagellum at one end of the bacterial body, and it can be seen that the bacteria move vigorously when observed under a dark field microscope or a phase contrast microscope.
What is Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection?
The main hazard of Pseudomonas aeruginosa is the infection caused by it. It may be insensitive to certain antibiotics, so if it is treated with ordinary antibiotics, it may not be effective.
Clinical symptoms of Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection
1. Gangrene deep impetigo Also known as gangrenous ecthyma, it is common in patients with leukemia, severe burns, tri-lineage reduction, advanced cancer or some serious wasting diseases.
2. Green Nail Syndrome The infection is confined to the fingers, and the clinical feature is nail peeling. The onycholysis area is light green, and paronychia can occur if the patient comes into contact with water.
3. External otitis Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection is confined to the external auditory canal, accounting for about 70% of external otitis, manifested by swelling, maceration and pain in the external auditory canal.
4. Pseudomonas aeruginosa toe web infection The infection is characterized by a well-defined impregnation of the toe web, sometimes stained green, and showing green fluorescence under a Wu's lamp.
5. Pseudomonas aeruginosa folliculitis Follicular papules, blisters, and pustules occur on the skin, which are caused by bathing in water contaminated by Pseudomonas aeruginosa. It is also called bath folliculitis.
6. Pseudomonas aeruginosa balanitis Often due to topical application of glucocorticoids, antibiotics and antifungal agents to cause parasitic Pseudomonas aeruginosa to multiply and cause disease.
7. Auricular perichondritis Ear skin trauma, such as surgery, ear needle injuries, and perichondrial infection caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
Diagnosis of Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection
According to the characteristics of clinical skin lesions and histopathology: epidermal cells have liquefaction and degeneration, and nuclear pyknosis. There is telangiectasia and edema in the dermis, and numerous bacteria invades between the collagen fiber bundles. It can be diagnosed.
Treatment of Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection
1. Use polymyxin B or E, gentamicin, ceftazidime, meropenem and other carbapenems, ciprofloxacin and other fluoroquinolones, piperacillin, etc.
2. Keep the area clean, remove the necrotic tissue, use the above antibiotic ointment.
3. In addition to the systemic treatment of green nail syndrome, use 0.1% polymyxin B solution for local flushing, and 1% acetic acid solution for rubbing.
4. When balanitis exudates too much, use zinc-copper solution for local wet compress. When exudation is less, use sensitive antibiotic emulsion.
5. Usually avoid trauma.
What are the Resistance of Pseudomonas Aeruginosa?
Experiments have proved that to treat clinical infections of Pseudomonas aeruginosa, it is better to use drugs such as compound penicillins, third or fourth generation cephalosporins, and third or fourth generation quinolones.
However, clinical anti-infection experience has proved that a single antibiotic is not ideal for the treatment of most G-bacteria, especially Pseudomonas aeruginosa, because drug-resistant strains will soon appear, which will lead to treatment failure. Therefore, NCCLS and Many authoritative professionals have long advocated combination medication.
Resistance mechanism of Pseudomonas aeruginosa
The resistance mechanism of Pseudomonas aeruginosa is extremely complicated. In short, it is mainly related to the following factors: (1) Bacteria produce enzymes with antibacterial activity, such as β-lactamase and aminoglycoside inactivating enzymes. (2) Bacteria change the target of antibacterial drugs, such as penicillin binding proteins (PBPs), DNA gyrase and other structures change, thereby evading the antibacterial effect of antibacterial drugs. (3) The permeability of the outer membrane is reduced. (4) Biofilm formation. (5) Actively pump out the system; etc. Among them, the active pumping system plays a leading role in the multi-drug resistance mechanism of Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
Note: The above content is for reference only! If you have similar symptoms, seek medical attention immediately!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feed, food, seafood and medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Pseudomonas Aeruginosa
To protect the animal have health feed, food, seafood and medicine, avoid contaminated food. The excess pseudomonas aeruginosa is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some feed or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Test?
BALLYA Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
BALLYA Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Test is suitable for the detection of microorganism residues, toxic and harmful substances and antibiotic residues in feed, food and medicine.
It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.