Enterotoxins are pathogenic substances that cause staphylococcal aureus food poisoning. Staphylococcal Enterotoxins is divided into 8 serotypes A-E and G-I according to antigenicity.
Characteristics of enterotoxin
Enterotoxin is a protein, soluble in water, with a relative molecular mass of about 30,000. It is heat-resistant (there is currently a new mutant of E. coli heat-labile enterotoxin). The toxin in food is not inactivated by processing; it is resistant to proteases and, so it is not easy to be destroyed in the digestive tract.
What is the harm of enterotoxin?
This toxin can also cause vomiting in monkeys and cats, which may be caused by the stimulation of the vomiting center after the toxin acts on the enteric nerve receptors.
Staphylococcal enterotoxin can be used as a biological warfare agent, and its aerosol can cause multiple organ damage after inhalation. In severe cases, it can cause shock or death.
The harm of enterotoxin
1. After the intestinal poison is absorbed by the blood and penetrates into the body, it will cause serious damage to the internal organs, which will affect the health and beauty of the body.
2. Enterotoxicity can reduce the lung's filtering function of dust and metal particles, and it is prone to problems such as acne, yellow skin, astringent mouth and peculiar smell.
3. Enterotoxins increase the burden of detoxification on the liver, thereby increasing liver fire, dark yellow complexion, growing spots, and lowering the body's resistance.
4. Enterotoxicity will cause the skin to age prematurely, causing wrinkles, eye bags, stains and other problems, while the skin appears rough, dry or oily.
5. Enterotoxin will accumulate toxins in the lymph fluid around the subcutaneous fat cells, resulting in fat accumulation and obesity.
6. Enterotoxicity will adversely affect the digestion and excretion function of the gastrointestinal tract, and it is easy to cause problems such as constipation, diarrhea, obese lower abdomen, and bad breath. There are phenomena such as slow thinking, insomnia and dreaminess, and fatigue. The daily life is disordered, and the skin becomes yellowish, rough, lacking in elasticity, and spots and acne are clustered.
7. Enterotoxicity can increase blood viscosity, blood lipids, and triglycerides, and increase the risk of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases and colon cancer.
8. Enterotoxicity can also cause: endocrine disorders, poor qi and blood, early menopause, and accelerated aging
What is the staphylococcal enterotoxins?
Staphylococcal enterotoxin is a superantigen, which is similar to mitogen, and its ability to stimulate the proliferation of lymphocytes is stronger than that of plant lectins. Enterotoxin long antigen is not processed by antigen presenting cells, it can non-specifically activate T cell proliferation and release excessive cytokines to cause disease. Staphylococcus aureus enterotoxin belongs to a large family of toxins produced by staphylococcus and streptococcus. They have the same structure, function and gene sequence.
These toxins cause toxin shock syndrome, food poisoning and several allergic diseases and autoimmune diseases. SEs are a group of heat-stable enterotoxins that are serologically different from each other. Its functions include both potential gastrointestinal toxins and superantigens to stimulate the proliferation of non-specific T cells. Although these two independent functions act on different regions of the protein, there is still a high correlation between these effects, and in most cases, most superantigen effects (due to genetic mutations) cause most intestinal Toxin effect.
In addition to Staphylococcus aureus, enterotoxin-producing bacteria also include: Escherichia coli, Clostridium perfringens, Clostridium difficile, Bacteroides fragilis, etc. Some types of Salmonella can also be produced.
Note: The above content is for reference only! If you have similar symptoms, seek medical attention immediately!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Enterotoxin Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feed, dairy, milk and milk powder, food, seafood and medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Staphylococcal Enterotoxins
To protect the animal have health feed, food, seafood and medicine, avoid contaminated food. The excess Salmonella typhimurium is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some feed or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of Staphylococcal Enterotoxin Test
BALLYA Enterotoxin Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
BALLYA Enterotoxin Test is suitable for the detection of microorganism residues, toxic and harmful substances and antibiotic residues in feed, food and medicine.
It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.