BALLYA Cry1C Test is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection the genetically modified of Cry1C protein in grains, food and edible oil, especially in grain and food. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography assay technology.
The transgenic Cry1C immunogold standard rapid test card uses the principle of double-antibody sandwich immunochromatography. The antigen in the sample combines with the specific monoclonal antibody 1 labeled with colloidal gold during the lateral movement to form an antigen-antibody complex. Continue the forward flow and the binding of specific monoclonal antibody 2 on the NC membrane detection line forms a double antibody sandwich complex.
If the test line is red, the result is positive; otherwise, the test line is not colored and the result is negative.
How to use the BALLYA Cry1C Test?
Sample processing of BALLYA Cry1C Test
Plant leaf tissue: 1. Place the plant leaf tissue between the lid and the body of the disposable tissue extraction tube, and quickly cover the lid to obtain a round leaf tissue. Use small scissors to place the leaf on the bottom of the extraction tube. Mark the tube wall with a marker.
2. Insert the small scissors into the tube, rotate the small scissors to break up the blade, and keep pressing for 20-30 seconds.
3. Add 0.5 mL (about 20 drops) of extraction buffer.
4. Repeat the crushing step to make the sample and the buffer fully contact and mix. Remove the small scissors (please clean the small scissors before used to avoid cross-contamination between different samples).
Extract plant seeds: 1. Take a plant seed, crush it, and transfer it to a labeled extraction tube. Note: Fully crushing can improve the accuracy of the test.
2. Add 0.5mL (about 20 drops) of extraction buffer to dissolve.
3. Close the lid of the extraction tube and vigorously shake the extraction tube up and down for 20-30 seconds to ensure that the sample and buffer are fully mixed. Let stand for solid matter to settle at the bottom of the tube.
4. Please be careful not to cross-contamination, use a separate extraction tube for each sample.
Precautions for the use of BALLYA Cry1C Test
Please read the instruction manual completely before testing, and restore the reagent plate and sample solution to normal temperature.
1. Please use the reagent plate as soon as possible after taking it out of the packaging bag;
2. Use a dropper to suck up the sample solution to be tested, add 3 drops (about 75 µL) to the sample hole, start timing after adding the sample; the result should be read in 5-10 minutes;
3. When reading the results, place the reagent plate horizontally in front of the observer.
Read the result of BALLYA Cry1C Test
Judgement of BALLYA Cry1C Test
1. Negative (-): T line does not show color (test line, near the end of the sample hole); 2. Positive (+): T-line color development is visible to the naked eye; 3. Invalid: Line C does not appear, the operation may be improper or the reagent plate has failed. In this case, read the instructions carefully again and retest with a new reagent plate.
Precautions for BALLYA Cry1C Test
1. Do not touch the white film surface in the center of the reagent plate; 2. Solid impurities in the sample will cause false positive results. Discard the visible particles when sampling. If possible, please centrifuge and take the supernatant for testing.
Note: The above content is for reference only! Please learn more under the guidance of experts!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Cry1C Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of grains, food and edible oil. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Cry1C
To protect the animal have health grain, food, and edible oil, avoid contaminated food. The excess genetically modified of Cry1C genes is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some grain or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. For details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Cry1C Test?
BALLYA Cry1C Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
BALLYA Cry1C Test is suitable for the detection of Cry1C genes in grain, food and edible oil. Simple operation, high accuracy and short detection time are the characteristics of this product.
It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.