BALLYA EPSPS Test is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection of the genetically modified of Cry2A protein in grains, food and edible oil, especially in grain and food. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography assay technology.
The genetically modified detection series can amplify specific nucleic acid fragments of genetically modified components in food, feed and other samples, and determine the results through real-time amplification curves.
It can be used for the qualitative detection of EPSPS genes in genetically modified soybeans, corn, rice, cotton, wheat, potatoes, sugar beets, tomatoes, rapeseed and other crops and processed products using these as raw materials, with a detection limit of 0.1%.
Features of BALLYA EPSPS Test
It is used for qualitative and quantitative identification of indicators and molecular epidemiological investigations. It can quickly detect the indicators in the sample, with good specificity and sensitivity. The use of a one-tube RT-PCR kit reduces operating steps and reduces operating errors.
How to use the BALLYA EPSPS Test?
Most industrially processed foods have undergone physical, chemical and enzymatic treatments. These treatments will reduce the DNA content and purity. Therefore, the applicability and reproducibility of each method will vary with specific samples, and the nature and characteristics of a specific DNA extraction method depend on the type of food being studied.
If you use a non-disposable grinder to grind samples, be sure to clean the grinder thoroughly and fully dry it before grinding the next sample to prevent cross contamination.
Operation steps of BALLYA EPSPS Test
1. Template preparation (sample preparation area) It is recommended to use the supporting plant genomic DNA extraction kit, the specific process is detailed in the product manual.
2. Add template (template adding area, placed on the ice box) Cut out the required number of PCR tubes containing the reaction solution, place them at room temperature to be thawed, centrifuge for 30 seconds and then uncover the sealing film, add 5μL of template to each tube of reaction solution, the order is NG, the sample template to be tested, PG-EPSPS-P. After closing the matching PCR tube cap, vortex and mix for 30 seconds, centrifuge for 1 min, and immediately proceed to PCR amplification reaction.
3. Amplification reaction (amplification and product analysis area) Use a fluorescent quantitative PCR machine, select FAM for the fluorophore, and TAMRA for the quencher.
Precautions for BALLYA EPSPS Test
1. Please strictly follow the operation steps, and the reagent preparation and sample addition steps should be operated on ice in strict accordance with the instructions.
2. Reagent preparation is recommended to be carried out in the reagent preparation area, and sample processing requires operation in the ultra-clean workbench. Wear work clothes, wear disposable gloves, and use a tipping pipette during the experiment. Please use new (non-polluting) pipette tips, centrifuge tubes, etc., to avoid contamination when preparing and dispensing the reaction solution.
3. The components in the reaction solution are sensitive to light and should be stored away from light. Repeated freezing and thawing may reduce the sensitivity of the kit. Please store the reaction solution in appropriate volumes according to the detection frequency.
4. After the reaction is over, please place the amplification tube in a sealed bag and discard it. Clean it on the same day and never open the cap.
5. Do not mix reagents with different batch numbers. Please use the kit within the validity period.
Note: The above content is for reference only! Please learn more under the guidance of experts!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA EPSPS Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of grains, food and edible oil. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing EPSPS
To protect the animal have health grain, food, and edible oil, avoid contaminated food. The excess genetically modified of EPSPS genes is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some grain or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. For details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA EPSPS Test?
BALLYA EPSPS Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
BALLYA EPSPS Test is suitable for the detection of EPSPS genes in grain, food and edible oil. Simple operation, high accuracy and short detection time are the characteristics of this product.
It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.