BALLYA EPSPS Test is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection the genetically modified of Cry2A protein in grains, food and edible oil, especially in grain and food. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography assay technology.
Before detecting the Cry1Ac protein, the sample needs to be extracted with extraction buffer (water for the seed sample), and the Cry1Ac protein is dissolved. There are absorbent pads at both ends of each test paper, and the arrow on the test paper indicates the end inserted into the reaction tube.
The sample solution penetrates through the film on the test paper and is sucked into the uppermost part, and the reaction result can be observed in the middle area. Do not bend the test paper during use, otherwise the test result will be affected.
How to use the BALLYA Cry1Ac Test?
Note: If the extraction buffer is in a refrigerated state, return to room temperature before preparing the sample.
Extract corn leaf tissue: 1. Place the corn leaf tissue between the lid and the body of the disposable tissue extraction tube, and quickly cover the lid to obtain a round leaf tissue. Place the leaf on the bottom of the extract with a pestle. Mark the pipe wall with a marker.
2. Insert the pestle into the tube, rotate the pestle to crush the leaves, and keep pressing for 20-30 seconds.
3. Housework 0.5mL extraction buffer.
4. Repeatedly crushing the leaves, the leaves and the buffer are fully rounded. Remove the pestle (note that please use the pestle for one-time use, and cross-contamination will occur if the sample is not used on the side).
Extract corn seeds 1. Remove a corn seed, crush it, and transfer to a labeled extraction tube. Note: Fully crushing can improve test accuracy.
2. Add water to dissolve.
3. Close the lid of the extraction tube and vigorously shake the extraction tube up and down for 20~30s to ensure that the sample and the buffer are fully mixed. Let stand for solid matter to settle at the bottom of the tube.
4. Please be careful not to cross-contamination, each sample uses a separate extraction tube.
Operation steps of BALLYA Cry1Ac Test
1. Take out the test paper packaging tube and return it to room temperature, and immediately re-close the packaging tube after taking out the test paper that needs to be used. Do not bend the test paper.
2. Keep the reaction tube upright and insert the test paper into the reaction tube. The sample liquid will rise along the test paper.
3. Read the result after 10 minutes of reaction. A positive result may be judged in a shorter time.
4. If you need to save the test paper, discard the end part with the arrow on the end.
Read the result of BALLYA Cry1Ac Test
The color of the control line within 10 minutes indicates that the test paper is effective. The test paper with the dangerous color of the control line is a failure product, please use a new test paper for testing.
If the friend Cry1Ac protein is detected in the sample, the detection line will be colored. The result is judged to be a positive result. If the test sample does not contain Cry1Ac protein, the golden glow on the test paper shows a control line.
Note: The above content is for reference only! Please learn more under the guidance of experts!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Cry1Ac Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of grains, food and edible oil. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Cry1Ac
To protect the animal have health grain, food, and edible oil, avoid contaminated food. The excess genetically modified of Cry1Ac genes is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
1. Take some grain or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Cry1Ac Test?
BALLYA Cry1Ac Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
BALLYA Cry1Ac Test is suitable for the detection of Cry1Ac genes in grain, food and edible oil. Simple operation, high accuracy and short detection time are the characteristics of this product.
It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.