BALLYA Lead Test is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection the content of lead in feed, grains, food and medicine, especially in feed and food. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography assay technology.
Lead is a metal chemical element, the element symbol is Pb, the atomic number is 82, and the atomic weight is 207.2, which is the non-radioactive element with the largest atomic weight. Lead metal is a face-centered cubic crystal.
Metallic lead is a kind of corrosion-resistant heavy non-ferrous metal material. Lead has the advantages of low melting point, high corrosion resistance, X-ray and γ-ray penetration, and good plasticity. It is often processed into plates and pipes and is widely used in chemicals. Cables, batteries and radioactive protection industries.
Physical and chemical properties of lead
Silver-gray shiny heavy metal, easy to oxidize in the air, lose its luster, become gray, soft in quality, weak in ductility, and strong in malleability. The density is 11.34g/cm, the melting point is 327.5°C, and the boiling point is 1525°C. It has strong resistance to radiation penetration.
The recrystallization temperature of lead is below room temperature, the pressure processing performance is excellent, and no work hardening occurs. The strength and hardness of lead and lead alloys, especially fatigue strength and creep strength are low, and they are easy to be damaged by fatigue and creep. Pay attention to them when designing and using them as components.
What is Lead used for?
Application of lead
1. Lead is the raw material for manufacturing batteries, cables, bullets and ammunition, and it is also an additive to gasoline.
2. Lead compounds are used as raw materials for pigments, glass, plastics and rubber.
3. Because metallic lead has excellent acid and alkali corrosion resistance, it is widely used in the manufacture of chemical and metallurgical equipment.
4. Lead alloy is used as bearing, movable type gold and solder, etc.
In addition, lead has also opened up some new uses. For example, it can be used as a stabilizer for asphalt to extend the service life of the road surface; it can be used to manufacture shielding and nuclear waste storage tanks for nuclear power plants, high-power battery packs for load adjustment in the electrical industry, and magnetohydrodynamic devices.
What is the harm of Lead?
Lead is one of the three major heavy metal pollutants. It is a heavy metal element that seriously harms human health. The ideal lead content in the human body is zero.
The human body brings lead into the human body by ingesting food and drinking tap water. 90% of the lead entering the human body is stored in the bones, and 10% is distributed with the blood circulation to various tissues and organs of the body, affecting red blood cells, brain, kidney, and nerves. System functions, especially after infants and young children absorb lead, will retain more than 30% in the body, affecting the growth and intellectual development of infants and young children.
Because lead is accumulative poisoning, only when the lead content in the human body reaches a certain level, it will cause physical discomfort. After long-term intake of lead, it will cause serious damage to the blood system and nervous system of the body, especially to children the health and intelligence hazards have irreversible effects.
(1) Direct pollution When it comes to food production processes and food containers, direct contact with lead during the production process or direct addition of lead-containing raw materials due to the production process will cause lead pollution. The more common lead-containing canned food, preserved eggs, and this phenomenon exists in the production of popcorn and other foods.
(2) Indirect pollution Food raw materials lead to lead pollution through soil, air, water and other means during growth and production. With the development of modern industry, the emission of industrial "three wastes" enables the toxic heavy metal lead to enter the ecosystem through various channels.
Note: The above content is for reference only! Please use this heavy metal under the guidance of an expert!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Lead Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feed, grains, food and medicine. Widely used in feed industry and food processing industry. You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Lead
To protect the animal have health feed, food, seafood and medicine, avoid contaminated food. The excess lead is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
Component of BALLYA Lead Test?
BALLYA Lead Test, 25 cassettes Sample Buffer, 1 vial Mini Pipette (optional) Disposable micropipette tips (optional) Kit Instruction, 1pcs
How to use BALLYA Lead Test?
1. Take some feed or food specimen 2. Add the supernatant to cassette 3. Wait for 15 minutes to result 4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Lead Test?
BALLYA Lead Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
BALLYA Lead Test is suitable for the detection of lead residues in feed, grain, food and medicine. Simple operation, high accuracy and short detection time are the characteristics of this product.
It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.