What is BALLYA Cadmium Test?
BALLYA Cadmium TestGet A Free Quote!
is manufactured by BALLYA, it’s rapid test for detection the content of cadmium in feed, grains, food and medicine, especially in feed and food. Lateral flow assay test base on the gold immunochromatography
What is cadmium?
, a rare metal element, chemical symbol Cd, is silvery white. It is an excellent metal that absorbs neutrons. It can be made into rods to slow the rate of chain fission reactions in nuclear reactors, and it is quite useful in zinc-cadmium batteries. Its sulfide is bright and used to make cadmium yellow pigment.
Cadmium is more toxic. The air and food polluted by cadmium are harmful to the human body, and its metabolism is slow in the human body.
The physical properties of cadmium
Cadmium is a silver-white shiny metal with a melting point of 320.9°C, a boiling point of 765°C, and a density of 8650 kg/m3; it has toughness and ductility.
Cadmium slowly oxidizes in humid air and loses its metallic luster. When heated, a brown oxide layer is formed on the surface. If heated above the boiling point, cadmium oxide smoke will be produced.
Cadmium reacts fiercely with halogen at high temperature to form cadmium halide. It can also be directly combined with sulfur to generate cadmium sulfide. Cadmium is soluble in acid but insoluble in alkali.
What is cadmium used for?
Uses of cadmium
1. Used to make alloys: Cadmium as an alloy component can be made into many alloys, such as hard copper alloys containing 0.5% to 1.0% cadmium, which have high tensile strength and wear resistance. Cadmium (98.65%) nickel (1.35%) alloy is the bearing material of aircraft engines. Many low melting point alloys contain cadmium, and the famous Wood fusible alloy contains cadmium up to 12.5%.
2. Cadmium has a large thermal neutron capture cross-section, so alloys containing silver (80%) indium (15%) and cadmium (5%) can be used as (neutron absorption) control rods for atomic reactors.
3. Cadmium compounds have been widely used in the manufacture of (yellow) pigments, plastic stabilizers, (TV picture tube) phosphors, pesticides, fungicides, paints, etc.
4. Used for electroplating etc. Cadmium has a high oxidation potential, so it can be used as a protective film for iron, steel, and copper
. It is widely used for electroplating and anticorrosion. However, due to its high toxicity, this use has a tendency to shrink.
5. Used for rechargeable batteries: nickel-cadmium and silver-cadmium, lithium-cadmium batteries have the advantages of small size and large capacity
6. Cadmium is also used to make electrical alloys. For example, most of the electrical contacts in electrical switches are made of silver cadmium oxide materials, which have the advantages of good electrical conductivity, small arcing, and good welding resistance. It is widely used in household appliances switches. Automotive relays, etc.
However, because cadmium is toxic and is affected by the EU’s "Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive" (WEEE) and "Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment" (RoHS) directives, the silver cadmium oxide in electrical switches Materials are gradually replaced by environmentally friendly materials such as silver tin oxide and silver nickel.
What is the harm of cadmium?
Cadmium can cause irritation to the respiratory tract. Long-term exposure can cause anosmia, gingival macula or yellow circle. Cadmium compounds are not easily absorbed by the intestines, but can be absorbed by the body through breathing and accumulate in the liver or kidneys, causing harm, especially Kidney damage is the most obvious. It can also lead to osteoporosis and softening.
Cadmium is not an essential element of the human body. Cadmium in the human body is absorbed from the external environment after birth, mainly through food, water and air into the body and accumulate.
Cadmium and its compounds have certain toxicity. Inhalation of cadmium oxide fumes can cause acute poisoning. In the early stage of poisoning, symptoms such as sore throat, cough, chest tightness, shortness of breath, dizziness, nausea, body aches, weakness, fever, etc. may appear. In severe cases, toxic pulmonary edema or chemical pneumonia may occur, with obvious difficulty breathing, chest pain, and a lot of foamy blood. Phlegm can die from acute respiratory failure.
Use cadmium-plated utensils to prepare or store acidic food or beverages. The diet may contain cadmium, and it can also cause acute cadmium poisoning after accidental ingestion.
The incubation period is short, usually after 10 to 20 minutes, symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and diarrhea can occur. Severe cases are accompanied by dizziness, profuse sweating, collapse, numbness of the upper limbs, and even convulsions and shock. It usually takes 3 to 5 days to recover.
Note: The above content is for reference only! Please use this heavy metal under the guidance of an expert!
What specimen can be detected by BALLYA Cadmium Test?
Specimen include: all kinds of feed, grains, food and medicine. Widely used in feed industry
and food processing industry.
You can choose the right products according to your needs.
Significance of testing Cadmium
To protect the animal have health feed, food, seafood and medicine, avoid contaminated food. The excess cadmium is harmful for animal being, can’t take too much in the body.
Component of BALLYA Cadmium Test?
BALLYA Cadmium Test
, 25 cassettes
Sample Buffer, 1 vial
Mini Pipette (optional)
Kit Instruction, 1pcs
How to use BALLYA Cadmium Test?
1. Take some feed or food specimen
2. Add the supernatant to cassette
3. Wait for 15 minutes to result
4. The details of operation, refer to the kit instruction
Limitations of BALLYA Cadmium Test?
BALLYA Cadmium Test is a qualitative test kit. It’s only for screening purpose. If have positive cases or suspected case, maybe use other detection method to make a further detection, such as, ELISA, PCR, qPCR, etc.
BALLYA Cadmium Test
is suitable for the detection of cadmium residues in feed, grain, food and medicine. Simple operation, high accuracy and short detection time are the characteristics of this product.
It can be widely used in food and drug administration, health departments, higher education institutions, scientific research institutes, agricultural departments, animal husbandry and veterinarians, breeding farms, slaughterhouses, food and meat products deep processing enterprises, inspection and quarantine departments and other units.
Where to buy BALLYA Cadmium Test?
Get a free quote now and enjoy a 10% discount!