White crystal with sulfur smell; at room temperature, the solubility in water is 6000ppm, almost insoluble in hexane, but soluble in most organic solvents, such as acetone 400g / L, chloroform 350g / L, toluene 100g / L (20 ℃); not easy burning, except for encountering strong alkali, this product is stable, non-corrosive to metal containers and equipment; highly toxic drugs; mainly used as agricultural pesticides.
Aldicarb mechanism of action
Aldicarb has contact killing, stomach poisoning and systemic effects, can be absorbed by plant roots and transmitted to various tissues and organs above the plant. Good quick-acting and long-lasting effect. When the amount of medicine spreading is too much or it is concentrated near the seeds and roots, it is prone to drug damage. Aldicarb is easily metabolized and hydrolyzed in soil, and easily decomposed under alkaline conditions. With contact, stomach poison, systemic effect. After being applied to the soil, it can be quickly absorbed by the roots of the plant and transmitted to all parts of the ground, with a long special effect period.
In 1965, United Carbide Company used isobutylene as the starting material to manufacture aldicarb, which has been produced by this synthetic route for a long time.
The substance is 10 times more toxic than furandan and is one of the most toxic pesticide varieties. Because of its high water solubility and strong leaching and mobility in the soil, it has been found to pollute groundwater in many regions abroad.
Metronidazole in the soil is easily transformed into aldicarb sulfoxide and aldicarb sulfone by the action of microorganisms and other factors. The half-life of aldicarb, sulfoxide and aldicarb sulfone can be up to 4, 0.9 and 2.5 years respectively; therefore, if aldicarb and its sulfoxide and aldicarb sulfone enter the groundwater, they will form a more persistent residue. Therefore, in the sand soil area where aldicarb is applied or the area with high groundwater level, special attention should be paid to the pollution of aldicarb to groundwater.
Mainly used to control cotton pests such as cotton aphid, cotton spider mite, cotton thrips, weevils, etc. It can also be used to control beet, hemp and flower pests; used as agricultural pesticides
How to use aldicarb?
1. Aldicarb is a highly toxic pesticide, which is limited to furrow or hole application of crops, and is applied in the root side soil before sowing or after unearthing.
2. The control of cotton aphid, cotton stink bug, cotton leaf bee, cotton red spider, cotton boll weevil, whitefly, thrips, nematode and other pests is available
(1) Ditch application method Use 15% granules 1000-1200g or 15% granules 334-400g per mu, mix with fine soil 5-10 kg, mix well and dig a ditch, evenly apply medicinal sand into the ditch and sow cover the soil with seeds.
(2) Root-side topdressing method After cotton emerges, topdressing is applied at the time of buds, and the strip is applied after hole application. Ditch or hole 10-15 cm from the cotton plant, 60-120g of active ingredient per mu, and cover the soil after application.
3. The control of nematodes can be used in the sowing period or crop growth period, and the hole application or furrow application method can effectively control various nematodes. 170-200g / mu active ingredient for root-knot nematodes, 100-150g / mu for soybean cyst nematode, 600-800g / mu for citrus root-knot nematodes.
How to store aldicarb
How to store aldicarb
Store in a cool, ventilated warehouse. Keep away from fire and heat. Prevent direct sunlight. Packaging sealed. It should be stored separately from oxidants, alkalis and edible chemicals, and avoid mixed storage. Equipped with the appropriate variety and quantity of fire equipment. The storage area should be equipped with suitable materials to contain the leakage.
Aldicarb effects on humans
Aldicarb is a fast-acting cholinesterase inhibitor that causes rapid accumulation of acetylcholine in the synaptic space. It is widely used to study cholinergic neurotransmission in simple systems. Large amounts of aldicarb can cause weakness, blurred vision, headache, nausea, tearing, sweating and tremor. High doses can be fatal to the human body because it can paralyze the respiratory system.
Aldicarb poisoning treatment
Skin contact: Rinse thoroughly with soap and water. See a doctor.
Eye contact: Pull open the eyelid and rinse with running water for 15 minutes. See a doctor.
Inhalation: leave the scene to fresh air. Give oxygen when breathing is difficult. Once breathing stops, begin CPR immediately. See a doctor. See a doctor.
Ingestion: If swallowed, drink moderate amount of warm water to induce vomiting. Gastric lavage. See a doctor.
The detoxification agent is atropine sulfate, the usual dose is 0.6 mg tablets, 2 tablets at a time, and neither detoxification nor morphine or sedatives can be used.
Since aldicarb is 10 times more toxic than furandan and is one of the most toxic pesticide species, the aldicarb test is essential.
The aldicarb rapid test kit provided by BALLYA can effectively detect the residue of aldicarb in agricultural products.