Yesterday, a friend suddenly asked me if my child be fed with milk powder. I said, of course. She continued to ask, are there any baby who doesn't eat milk powder around you? I thought about it for a while, it seems that there is none of the babies around me had ever drunk milk powder. I have to say that the rate of breastfeeding is really low now. My friends and I often talk about this problem. We also want to breast-feed our babies, but the actual situation is not what we want. And we have no alternative except Milk powder. So for families like us who feed milk powder, what information should we know before choosing milk powder for their babies? What problems do we need to pay special attention to in the process of milk powder feeding?
1. At what age can the baby stop to be fed milk powder?
At least one year old, the World Health Organization, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Chinese Nutrition Society and other authoritative bodies encourage mothers to extend breastfeeding as long as possible, at least until the age of one year or more, and it is best to adhere to exclusive breastfeeding within six months. When the mother's breast milk for babies is insufficient or can not breast-feed for some reason, infant formula should be chosen as a supplement for breast milk. When the baby reaches the age of one year, besides formula milk and breast milk, there are pure milk, yogurt, cheese and so on. That is to say, formula milk powder is no longer necessary. However, this does not mean that the baby can not drink formula milk powder after one year of age. If the baby's supplementary diet is not ideal, the nutritional intake is not balanced, or the milk nutritional intake of pure milk is not well tolerated, then it is recommended to continue drinking formula milk powder, and ensure more than 500 milliliters of milk per day. In addition, according to their own baby's situation to drink to 2-3 years old is okay.
2. Baby milk protein allergy, can we choose goat milk powder?
It is not recommended because the protein in goat milk is 92% similar to milk protein, that is to say, infants allergic to milk may also be allergic to goat milk. For infants with milk protein allergy, it is suggested to eat special medical formula milk powder with hydrolyzed protein formula or amino acid formula under the guidance of professional doctors according to the degree of allergy of infants.
3. Can milk powder be replaced regularly?
It is not recommended that in order to reduce the possible risks, some people think that the baby should always change the brand of milk powder. Is that really okay? Baby's digestive function is not perfect before 1 year old. Frequent replacement of milk powder may lead to gastrointestinal dysfunction. The younger the baby is, the worse the baby's adaptability to new milk powder. After one year of age, milk gradually becomes a supplementary food, and after one year of age, all kinds of pure dairy products can be tried. It is not significant to change milk powder. If the baby does not have vomit and diarrhea, allergies and other adverse reactions after drinking milk powder, and the growth and development of all normal, then this milk powder is suitable for the baby. Since all OK, why change it often?
4. What problems should we pay attention to when changing milk powder for children?
Milk powder changing should be carried out under the condition that the baby is completely healthy. If the baby is vaccinated or supplemented with new materials, it is suggested that the changing time be postponed. Transfer milk speed must be slow, the baby must pay more attention to observe the baby's adaptation after eating the new formula of milk powder. If the baby has diarrhea, vomiting, flatulence, constipation symptoms, milk volume decreased by half or more in the process of changing, it is recommended to suspend the milk changing. 3. Do not change milk too frequently.
5. The milk powder already contains DHA, so should we need to supplement it separately?
This depends on the content of DHA in milk powder. If the content of DHA in milk powder is high and the baby's daily milk quantity is up to the standard, it can be supplemented without extra. At the consensus meeting, the Chinese Nutrition Expert Group proposed that the formula powder containing DHA should be used when breast-feeding is not possible or breast-feeding is insufficient, and the content of DHA should be 0.2% - 0.5% of the total fatty acid. The EFSA Committee of Experts pointed out in 2009 that the addition of DHA with a total fatty acid content of not less than 0.3% in formula milk powder can help improve the visual development level of infants.
6. Which is better, domestic milk powder, imported milk powder or Haitao milk powder?
From the nutritional point of view, as long as it meets the standards, its milk nutrition is satisfied with the babies, but the dietary structure and eating habits of each country are different, so the intake standards of nutrition will be different. In our country, no matter imported milk powder or domestic milk powder, as long as they are sold in a formal way, they must conform to our national standards and be registered through the formula.
Because such milk powder is more suitable for Chinese babies, but the overseas local milk powder only meets the standards of the producing countries and is not necessarily suitable for Chinese babies to eat. As to what kind of milk powder to choose, the author's personal suggestions are as follows:
(1) There are risks in purchasing foreign milk powder, so we should be cautious.
(2) If you do not have reliable purchasing channels and do not want to give children to drink domestic milk powder, then choose regular channels to sell the original cans of imported milk powder, at least the quality and after-sales are guaranteed. Domestic milk powder is not as bad as you think.
After the implementation of the new milk powder policy, the management and control of domestic milk enterprises have become more and more stringent. Through timely and effective supervision and control, the quality of domestic milk powder has been steadily improved. According to the dairy industry insiders, the quality standards of milk powder in China are completely comparable to those of European and American countries, so there is nothing to worry about buying domestic milk powder.
7. Must milk powder be purchased according to the month of the baby?
In fact, less strict 0-6 months of infants can only drink one milk powder, other months of age can drink milk powder corresponding to the month or lower. For example, a 9-month-old baby can drink one or two milk powder after weaning.
8. Is milk powder containing maltodextrin, not an option?
Maltodextrin is not so terrible as a rumor. It is a common food filler and thickener. It has good emulsification and thickening effect and is easily digested and absorbed by the human body. It is suitable for being used as the basic raw material of food for patients and infants and is widely used in food. In infant milk powder, the proper addition of maltodextrin can not only provide energy but also improve the taste and solubility of milk powder. However, it should be noted that lactose is the best source of carbohydrates for infants. The national standard stipulates that lactose accounts for more than 90% of total carbohydrates in infant formula foods (0-6 months old). If the proportion of maltodextrin is too high, the nutritional value of milk powder is relatively low.
9. What should be paid attention to when babies are fed with breast milk and milk powder?
(1) Mixed feeding can be divided into substitute feeding methods and supplementary feeding methods. The substitution method is to replace one or more breastfeeding with infant milk powder; the supplementation method is to first breast-feed each time, and then supplement a certain amount of formula milk or other milk when the infant is not full. For mixed-feeding babies, attention should be paid to the occurrence of "nipple illusion", especially for babies within 1-2 months. Therefore, it is recommended that mothers breast-feed as much as possible, at least three times a day, and the times are evenly separated.
(2) For infants fed by the supplementary feeding method, parents must master the baby's milk quantity well. The supplementary milk quantity must be determined by the infant's appetite and the amount of breast milk, and must not be fed more. Judging whether the baby is full or not: subjective indicators, the baby is quiet after eating and the number of urination is normal; objective indicators, normal weight growth, growth, and development complex law; growth curve can be used to dynamically monitor the development of the baby.
(3) When feeding milk powder to babies, we should pay attention to the size of the aperture of the nipple. Too large aperture can easily cause the baby to swallow less than choking milk. Too small aperture can easily cause the baby to eat too slowly and easily swallow too much gas. Babies are the hearts and minds of the babies.
I hope that every baby can grow up healthily and happily under the careful care of the babies. Whether breastfeeding or milk powder for babies, there are many details that need to be paid attention to. As parents, we need to constantly learn. I hope this article today can help partial milk Powder-fed families.