From the birth of the baby, his healthy growth is the top priority of the family, daily observation of the baby's eating and drinking also the defecation is almost the daily routine of mothers. Some minor changes in the baby will also make the mother worried, especially the problem of baby stool, as long as the baby does not defecate on time, the mother is more anxious, how often is it normal to pull? Is the baby constipated?
Does powder milk cause constipation? A series of problems have rushed out. Don't worry. Today we're going to talk about constipation milk powder and baby constipation symptoms. Some mothers think that if the baby does not have daily constipation or the number of times is reduced, it is constipation, which is inappropriate to be used to judge whether the baby has constipation. Because each baby's constitution is different, and the baby's younger gastrointestinal tract is not yet mature, if the number of bowel movements is reduced in a short time, you can see the baby's bowel movement state. If the baby does not cry, it can pull out the bowel movement smoothly, and the stool character is a soft stool, then it is normal. Don't worry.
For "a few days to pull a baby will be normal?"
There is no standard answer to this question. As long as the baby is in good condition when pulling stool, the pulling stool will be normal, and pulling once every two or three days is normal. But if the baby has difficulty defecation, dry stool, rough stool, hard stool, even because of pain in defecation and irritability, crying, then this situation is constipation. The baby has constipation. Is this the problem of baby dry milk powder? Most mothers will say, "It must be milk powder because the children don't eat many other things except milk powder!"
However, in fact, there are many factors leading to infant constipation, and milk powder for constipation baby has little to do with it.
Causes of constipation in babies
1. The improper brew way of milk powder for infants who are fed with milk powder.
When constipation occurs, mothers should pay attention to whether the formulation of milk powder for babies is reasonable.
(1) Milk powder brewing is too strong: some parents afraid that the baby will eat less, when brewing milk powder to the baby, they always add a little more milk powder on purpose. But they do not know how much burden this ‘a little more love’ will bring to the baby whose digestive system function has not yet developed. Improper brewing proportion will not only cause the baby to accumulate milk powder constipation but also cause long-term constipation. In the past, it will also burden the baby's kidneys, leading to a variety of kidney diseases.
(2) Milk powder brewing temperature is too high: excessive water temperature will inactivate some milk nutrients in milk powder, such as protein inactivation in milk powder after difficult digestion, which will also cause constipation.
(3) The order of milk powder preparation is not right: some parents do not pay attention to the order of milk powder preparation for their babies, and incorrect first adding milk powder and then adding water will cause the formula to be too thick and the babies can not digest it well. Milk powder itself is mostly no problem, but compared with breast milk, the content of various nutrients in formula milk powder and its digestion and absorption are more difficult to reach the level of breast milk, and the higher content of glycated protein in some milk powder may also cause constipation in babies, so milk powder feeding is more likely to cause constipation than breastfeeding. So when choosing milk powder for babies, we can choose milk powder with fortified nutritional facts such as probiotics, OPO, and probiotics.
2. Blindly added supplementation of other nutrients in infant formula.
Milk powder already contains the nutrients needed for the baby's growth and development. If parents blindly add some nutrients such as calcium, iron and other minerals to the baby's formula milk, it is easy to make the baby supplement too much. These minerals supplement too much in the baby's body will be linked with fatty acids and combine to form insoluble substances such as calcium soap, baby's intestines, and stomach is not good to absorb, so that dry stool causes constipation. So when mothers need to supplement their babies with these nutrients, it's better to eat them half an hour after feeding, instead of directly adding them to formula milk.
3. Unreasonable complimentary food structure
Constipation often occurs in babies when their parents begin to add supplementary food to them.
(1) Insufficient intake of dietary fiber, Dr. Yu Kang, Chief Nutrition Officer of Peking Union Medical College Hospital, in the article "Is dietary fiber the cleanest of the human body" said Dietary fiber can stimulate intestinal peristalsis, increase the volume of intestinal contents, and reduce the time that feces stay in the intestine.
Some babies prefer meat and eat fewer vegetables in the supplementary diet so that dietary fiber intake is insufficient, intestinal peristalsis slows down, resulting in defecation difficulties. Another reason is that with the improvement of living standards, the degree of food refinement is getting higher and higher. Excessive refinement of food processing will reduce food residues in the digestive process, thus weakening gastrointestinal peristalsis and leading to constipation.
(2) Fat intake is insufficient. Mothers always think the word fat connects to obesity, so they hardly add fat-rich foods to their baby's supplementary diet. But what mothers should understand is that from a nutritional point of view, some fatty acids are not synthesized by the human body and need to be ingested from the diet, and these fatty acids are for the baby. The normal operation of the brain, immune system and so on is very important. Every nutrient that a baby needs should be properly added to his diet.
(3) When the baby's food is insufficient, no stool can be discharged and feces are reduced. It needs to be stored slowly until it can be discharged for a longer time interval. Water is absorbed repeatedly, and the stool is dry and hard, which leads to the difficulty of defecation of the baby.
(4) Most babies are not easy to thirst or drink water on their own initiative. If mothers do not pay attention to proper water for their babies, their stools will be dry. When the baby has yellowish urine and dry stool, you can start feeding the baby 20ml-40ml water appropriately without affecting the baby's milk intake.
(5) Supplementary intolerance According to the recommendations of China Nutrition Association, infants should follow from thin to thick, from thin to thick, and try to add one kind of food 3-4 days after each attempt, if digestion and absorption is good, then try another kind of food, if the infant is intolerant after eating a new kind of food, mothers can temporarily avoid it. Don't let your baby eat this food.
4. Too little exercise and lack of activity
Too little exercise and lack of activity will also affect the digestive function of the baby. Slow intestinal peristalsis will lead to constipation. Mothers can guide their babies to exercise properly. For babies who are too young, they can do some passive exercises and massage exercises to increase the amount of exercise and promote their defecation.
5. Other reasons:
(1) Balanced intestinal flora can also cause constipation when the intestinal microecology of the baby loses balance.
(2) Certain disease factors are also causes of constipation, such as intestinal organic lesions, intestinal malformations and so on. Mothers with recurrent vomit and diarrhea need to consider whether it is a disease factor and seek medical treatment in time.
(3) Water and soil are not acclimatized. If you take your baby away from home, it is very likely that constipation will be caused by changes in the environment, weather and other factors, and the baby's poor adaptability.
(4) Emotional problems can also lead to constipation. Some babies refuse to defecate because of strangers'unfamiliar places and frighten. They will be stored in the intestine for too long, and less water will lead to constipation.
To avoid baby constipation, prevention is the key. When talking about constipation, not only baby fell unwell but the father and mother watching baby defecation difficulty also feel pain, so don't start to worry when baby constipation, every parent should know how to prevent baby constipation in daily life.
1. Pay attention to the way of milk powder preparation, according to the dairy product instructions, the amount, proportion, temperature and order of milk preparation should be correctly adjusted. When choosing milk powder, it is better to choose easily digestible and low-sugar milk powder.
2. When giving babies extra nutrients, don't overtake them. Pay attention to whether they can be taken with formula milk. It's better to take extra nutrients half an hour after feeding.
3. A baby's diet should be balanced. For babies with insufficient dietary fiber intake, mushrooms, soybeans, kiwifruit, pitaya fruit, strawberries, and various vegetables can be added to supplementary foods to provide rich dietary fiber for babies. For babies with insufficient fat intake, they can increase the intake of milk, dairy products, meat, and other foods. Give the baby proper water to ensure the amount of water. Avoid eating allergic foods.
4. Guiding the baby to exercise properly in peacetime. Babies can practice raising their heads for 1-2 months, turning over for 3-4 months, climbing for 5-8 months, walking for 8-11 months, and walking for 11-15 months. For younger babies, mothers can also do some passive exercises in time to increase their baby's exercise.
5. For infants with weak intestinal function, they can take some probiotics to regulate intestinal flora balance. Babies are still young, it is best not to travel long distances, usually pay attention to the baby's mood, it is best not to let the baby hear harsh voices, and do not intimidate the baby, the baby is easily frightened.
If the baby has difficulty in defecation, dry stool, affecting the usual milk intake and sleep or when defecation accompanied by abdominal pain, baby crying fear defecation, fever and even blood in stool and other conditions must take the baby to the hospital in time for an examination.