Don't drink the expired milk! Did parents have such experience: the baby's milk powder is out of date, but you did not know before, and you suddenly panicked; the milk powder you brought, and you even do not know the milk powder has expired for the baby to eat before discovering, then you fell upset! The parents who found that the baby had abnormal reactions were so scared, and the parents who had no abnormal reactions kept the worry.
Parents worry about expired hidden harm, and even whether it will affect the health of the next few decades. Anyway, there are many complex internal thoughts. Expired food, there are indeed potential safety hazards, it is best to avoid. Although it does not affect the health of parents for decades as seriously as they worry, if it is deteriorating, and it will bring a lot of trouble to the baby. What other In need to pay attention in addition to eating expired milk powder? Let's have a look.
What should we pay attention to when selecting milk powder?
According to the baby's physique. There are many kinds of infant milk powder and different dairy products are produced according to the baby's physique characteristics. Milk allergies include hydrolyzed protein and amino acid formula milk powder, lactose intolerance includes low lactose/lactose-free formula milk powder, premature infants and ground weight premature infants/low weight formula milk powder, and amino acid metabolic disorders also have corresponding formula milk powder... Baby's physical characteristics are mainly judged from several aspects: family genetic history, feeding experience, hospital physical examination and so on.
When choosing milk powder, pay attention to the commodities.
When choosing the food and clothing or everything about baby, don't be careless. In addition to understanding milk powder through shop introduction, media publicity, and knowledge accumulation, it is also very important to look at the packaging.
What should we look at?
(1) Pay attention to the type of milk powder for babies, some mothers often asked me: I accidentally took the wrong aged-milk powder, the children have eaten for several days, what will it be? If the children digest well, it's generally okay to eat low-wage food at an older age. If the child has indigestion and eats high-age milk powder, there is indeed a risk of indigestion. Every time you buy milk powder, you should pay attention to the type and grade of milk powder, whether it is consistent with the product you want to buy, whether it is in line with the baby's age. Mother and baby-stores generally have special services to help you to purchases. They are more professional in these details. Such mistakes are still very difficult to make. But in the milk markets of choice, or like to buy their own parents need to pay more attention to these details.
(2) Look at the formula, including the ingredient list and the milk nutritional facts, which mainly reflect what kind of nutrition milk powder provides for the baby and whether it is suitable for the baby's physique. Look at the formula is a more difficult one, for the first contact with formula milk powder parents, more confused, may not see clearly, in addition, to carefully listen to the shop explanation, usually can also do more homework.
(3)To check whether the packaging is damaged or not, in order to avoid the oxidation of milk powder, manufacturers usually use nitrogen to exclude the air in the packaging. When the packaging is damaged, nitrogen is removed, air and harmful microorganisms enter, affecting the quality of milk powder.
Before purchasing, it is important to check whether the package is in good condition:
1. Canned milk powder: to see if there are cracks in the package, to uncover the outer cover, to see if the aluminum film is damaged. If it is found that the aluminum film is bulging, don't be panic. This is caused by excessive nitrogen filling. In high altitude areas, because the external pressure is too low, the aluminum film will also bulge, which is caused by physical phenomena rather than deterioration.
2. Bagged Milk Powder: See if there is an air leak. After the air leak, the bags will collapse. There is no swelling feeling when pressing. In high altitude areas, the bags will swell even more.
(4)Looking at the different packaging, brand, and formula milk powder with different production dates and shelf life, the shelf life of milk powder is different due to the influence of technology, formula, packaging, environment and so on. For example, the same series of canned milk powder has a shelf life of 2 years, while the boxed milk powder maybe 18 months; the same brand of ordinary milk powder is 3 years, and the brand of organic milk powder maybe 18 months.
Therefore, when choosing milk powder, we should not only depend on the date of dairy production but also pay attention to shelf life. Don't wait until the baby eats it to find that the milk powder has expired. The milk powder bought back should also be eaten within the shelf life as far as possible. After opening, the milk powder can be eaten within 30 days, and the bag can be eaten within 15 days.
Milk powder should be kept in a cool, dry, ventilated and light-proof place if you have the habit of stockpiling.
The place where milk powder is shelved should be at least one meter above the ground to avoid dampness. Don't put it in the kitchen, refrigerator, air conditioning, windowsill, etc. Pay attention to the shelf-life of milk powder, it should be eaten within the shelf-life. In fact, many stores will help to store all the milk powder after customers pay for it. This will avoid the possibility that the dairy product will not be finished and expired. If the store has this service, parents might as well adopt it.
Finally, let's discuss whether the expired baby formula powder will deteriorate. Almost all foods have a shelf life, which is set by the manufacturer according to the process of food production, packaging, physical and chemical properties of the food itself. It is relatively safe for people to eat during shelf life. But expired is not equal to deteriorate. The physical and chemical properties of milk powder have to be changed then we can consider it had deteriorated. Let's take a look at the simple family judgment method.
First: Smell immediately after open the milk powder. At this time, the smell is the most intense and the judgment is more accurate. If it is normal milk flavor, no mildew, sour odor is normal.
Second: Look at the milk powder, the first feature of deteriorated milk powder is the uneven color, which is deep and shallow, dull and lustrous, the deteriorated milk powder can be shown as gray and dark yellow; the second is the milk powder caking, can not be gently touched with a spoon scattered; the third is to see dissolved, deteriorated milk powder due to the oxidation of milk nutrients, contaminated by harmful microorganisms. After dyeing, the solubility changes, and the solution may be stratified rapidly after brewing.
Third: Listen to the milk powder. Shake the packaging can, and you will hear the sound of rustle. If you shake the deteriorated and caked milk powder, you will hear the "rattan" sound. Of course, listening to voice requires some experience to judge, the accuracy is not high.
Fourth: Whether the milk powder is deteriorating or not can be judged by the above three basic points. If you still can not judge whether it is deteriorated, you can taste it. If you taste the specific flavor of milk powder disappears, but also with sour and astringent taste, bitterness, etc., it is best not to drink. However, the deep hydrolyzed milk powder tastes worse than ordinary milk powder, but a little astringent is a normal phenomenon. Whether milk powder deteriorates or not, we need to combine several points to see.
What can you do with expired milk if the baby eats the expired milk powder?
Babies eat expired milk powder, don't be panic, firstly do these points:
1. First, we should observe whether the baby has abnormal reaction expired milk powder, indeed the risk of deterioration is greater, the first step should be to observe the baby's reaction. Because milk powder is rich in milk nutrition, it is very vulnerable to contamination by harmful bacteria types. If the baby eats deteriorated milk powder by mistake, they will often have acute gastroenteritis, gastrointestinal discomforts such as diarrhea and vomiting. At the same time, you can see infection by stool examination or blood routine examination. If an abnormal reaction occurs, it is necessary to stop eating spoiled food in time and treat it immediately.
2. Check whether the milk powder is deteriorating. Parents can check whether the milk powder is deteriorating through the above ways. If you still find it difficult to judge, you can ask professional help.
3. How to deal with expired milk powder has been discussed above, expired milk powder does not necessarily deteriorate, even if the baby eats by mistake will not necessarily fall ill. But in order to reduce the risk, it's better not to eat. Such milk powder can be eaten by adults or used for hand washing, as well as for skin care.