About newborn baby care
How newborn baby care after birth?
One month ago, a friend had a baby to birth, she is very happy. But she always consults me something about the baby, saying that the child always vomiting after eating without reason. I often received her call in the middle of the night. As it happens, there are many mothers consulting about the baby's breast-spitting these days.
Here arranged an article about the reasons for the baby's breast-spitting, how to improve the method and how to care for it for you. Vomiting in a baby is mainly related to immature gastric development. At this time, the stomach is in a horizontal and unstable state.
The entrance of the stomach is relatively relaxed, the stomach is not closed tightly, and it is easy to be washed away by the food. In addition, the volume of the stomach is small. When there is a little more milk in the stomach, it can rush through the cardia and return to the esophagus and mouth, while the outlet of the stomach is pyloric muscle. A pyloric muscle of the stomach is well-developed, closed tightly, and food passes slowly.
The above physiological characteristics are the causes of an infant's susceptibility to vomiting. Although spitting and overflowing are common phenomena in babies, it is physiological in most cases. But how to judge whether the baby is physiological overflow or pathological breast-vomiting, which is most important to the mothers.
If the baby's body weight grows well, there is no uncomfortable performance, and the physiological indicators are normal, this situation is considered as physiological vomiting. If the breast is vomiting frequently, and the amount is large, the weight does not increase, or when the baby has to cry after feeding, the expression before vomiting is painful, vomiting is more intense, and even if there is yellow-green bile in the ejection or vomiting, the pathological situation should be considered.
The mother should take the baby to the hospital for examination and treatment in time to eliminate the disease. Possibility. Improper feeding can also lead to frequent or excessive vomiting, such as too fast feeding, excessive feeding or choosing unsuitable milk powder for babies or crying for a long time before feeding, swallowing a lot of air during feeding, or excessive changes in baby's posture after feeding, and other factors will lead to breast overflow or vomiting.
Some breastfeeding tips to prevent babies from vomiting.
1. Feed appropriately to avoid overfeeding.
2. Feeding should not be too fast, too fast, the middle should be suspended for a moment, so that the baby's breathing more smoothly; if breastfeeding, the mother needs to use scissors to hold the breast, control the speed of milk, in order to prevent breastfeeding too fast, to prevent the baby choking.
3. If feed the baby with bottles, the opening of the nipple is moderate. If the opening is too small, it needs to be sucked vigorously. If the opening is too large, it is easy to be flooded by milk choking.
4. After feeding, let the baby lie upright on the adult's shoulder, pat the baby's back with an empty palm, until belching, to help it discharge the air swallowed in the stomach. In the process of belching, it should be noted that after milk, belching may not always be discharged. The belching should be controlled within 10 minutes each time. If the belching has not been taken in about 10 minutes, do not take any more pictures.
5. When the baby lies down, it can slightly pad the upper body higher, preferably in the right position. The greatest advantage of this is to avoid the baby lying down, suddenly vomiting milk, milk flowing back into the trachea, to asphyxiate. After the baby lays down and rests for about 20 minutes, it slowly lays down the baby's body, to avoid the baby lying down and vomiting.
6. Try not to change urine wet before breast-feeding, after breast-feeding, do not let the baby too much exercise, let alone shake or shake the baby at will.
Finally, breastfeeding benefits are great to help baby growth, it's the first choice for newborn baby care. Some mothers said breastfeeding baby will cause pain, weight loss, and harm. It's not true! Breastfeeding newborn is good for mother and baby, it's a traditional baby feed. If you indeed worry about that, then you can find more recipes for baby foods.
What should we do when the baby vomits milk?
1. In general, mild breast overflow and vomiting, usually the infant will adjust the movement of breathing and swallowing, there is no risk of inhalation of the trachea, parents only need to timely wipe out the milk with clean gauze, closely observe its breathing condition and skin color.
2. When the amount of milk is large, we should be alert to choke the milk into the trachea and quickly turn the baby's head to one side so that the milk can flow out from one side of the mouth. Then help the baby clean up the mouth, and at the same time check the nostrils, such as the nostrils also need to be cleaned with cotton sticks.
3. What if the baby chokes during spitting? If the baby has breathing problems or face mutations, it may be that milk has choked into the trachea, at this time the mother must not panic, can put the baby on the other side, let him lie on the thigh of adults, pat the back or pinch stimulate the sole of the feet, so that they feel pain and cry or cough, is conducive to the baby will be trachea inside. Milk coughs to relieve breathing.
4. Choose some milk powder substitute or malted milk powder recipes. If the above methods can not alleviate, the baby appears purple or asphyxia, while self-help, immediately dials 120 for help.
Some mothers responded that their children did not spit much when they were young, but now they only need to add milk powder to spit milk for more than six months. Why? Does the baby's vomiting have anything to do with milk powder? At this time, the baby's vomiting milk and milk powder have a certain relationship.
First, the baby is accustomed to the taste of breast milk. Suddenly adding milk powder will not adapt to the taste of milk powder at first, which will lead to vomiting.
Second, compared with breast milk, milk powder is easy to digest without breast milk, and the baby's intestinal tract can not adapt immediately will also lead to vomiting.
Third, for breast milk. Allergy or indigestion of macromolecule proteins in milk powder can also cause breastmilk vomiting.
Therefore, when choosing milk powder for babies, try to choose milk powder with light taste, high proportion of whey protein, or the addition of OPO and probiotic formula; if babies have allergic to milk, it is recommended to choose special formula for hydrolyzed protein, as for the choice of partial hydrolysis or deep hydrolysis or full hydrolysis formula is determined by the degree of allergy of babies.
Summarize that most babies vomit milk is physiological. Parents need not be nervous as long as their babies are in good spirits and continue to breast-feed after vomiting and gain good weight. With the increase of the baby's age, the improvement of digestive tract development, the addition of supplementary food, food thickening, and other reasons, the phenomenon of vomiting will gradually reduce. However, if the baby vomits frequently and the weight gain is not ideal, mental retardation, and accompanied by other symptoms, then parents need to take the baby to see a doctor in time.
The mothers should find a consultant, just easy to search "baby care near me" online, then to learn how to newborn baby care. Or buy some best books on baby care, find out some apps: newborn baby care tracker apps, there are lots tips about newborn baby care 1st month.