Do you know? Milk powder for babies is easily going bad, not just pay attention to it in summer! In addition, because infant milk nutritional facts are rich, which contains high protein content, it is easy to attract worms, then, how to prevent milk powder from getting wet? Unopened milk powder is best preserved at room temperature, dry, ventilated, dark and shady locations, such as food shelves and furniture not exposed to sunlight. Avoid putting milk powder in dark, damp and illuminated places, such as kitchen, kitchen, floor, windowsill, etc.
How to preserve the shelf life of milk powder after opening?
1. Cover the canned milk powder tightly after opening to ensure the can is sealed. Please wipe the lid with a clean and dry paper towel or cotton towel before using it. Don't wipe the lid with a wet towel.
2. Bagged milk powder after opening is usually placed at room temperature, dry, ventilated, dark and cool places, such as food cabinets, food shelves, etc. Must seal tightly to avoid air permeability, it is best to put sealed milk powder bags in sealed cans with caps to ensure there is no air permeability.
3. Notice that the most important thing for open milk powder is to keep it as sealed as possible. It is necessary to quickly cover the lid or seal the mouth of the milk powder bag, avoid opening it for a long time because by doing that will let air or humid gas enter the milk powder can or bag, and make the milk powder moist or oxidative deterioration.
Don't put the opened milk powder in the refrigerator. Because the baby has to drink milk many times a day, milk powder will be taken and put many times, and the temperature and humidity inside and outside the refrigerator are very different, it is easy to cause milk powder deliquescence, clot and deterioration.
Make sure that the milk is good for you. Pay attention to the production date of milk powder cans or milk powder bags printed with production date and shelf life, but after opening, it can not be limited to this date. Most milk powder after opening is valid for one month, more than one month, there is the possibility of deliquescence or deterioration, can not be eaten for babies.
Discrimination of Milk Powder Quality
1. The sealing performance of canned milk powder is better. Some canned milk powder is covered with transparent film, through which milk powder can be observed. Shake milk powder, if there is caking, it suggests that the product quality may be problematic, then you should change the milk substitute in time.
2. Canned milk powder without transparent film, if there is aeration phenomenon on the top, suggesting that the sealing of the canned milk powder may be insufficient.
(1). Bagged milk powder can be squeezed by both hands. The hands feel soft, smooth and flowing. Caking, cap blowing. If using hand to squeeze or touch of milk powder bags has a feeling of uneven or lumpy, that is indicated that milk powder has deterioration, then the milk powder can't be eaten, or it will lead the milk allergic.
(2). Tips: Milk powder after dampness can't be eaten. Milk powder after dampness can easily contaminate pathogens, so it can't be eaten. In humid conditions, we should pay attention to the preservation method of milk powder, and avoid using a wet spoon or wet hand to get milk powder, to avoid dampness of milk powder.
There is one thing we have to mention besides the bad effect of babies’ health caused by spoilage and bacteria. That is aflatoxin, aflatoxin is a kind of carcinogen and a highly toxic substance. The harm of aflatoxin lies in its destructive effect on human and animal liver tissues, which can lead to liver cancer and even death in serious cases. Aflatoxin M1 is mainly found in various kinds of milk. M means "milk". It also has a brother M2.
Chinese maximum permitted aflatoxin content of milk and its products (sterilized milk, fresh raw milk, whole milk powder, evaporated milk, sweet condensed milk) and butter fresh pig tissue (liver, kidney, blood, and lean meat) is 0.5 g/kg (aflatoxin M1).