The postpartum stage of dairy cows is the most important period in dairy cattle feeding and management. During this period, because the whole physiological metabolism of dairy cows has undergone significant changes after delivery if the postpartum nursing of female cows is not done well or the wrong nursing methods are used, the obstetric diseases and metabolic diseases of dairy cows will follow, such as mastitis and breasts. Malignant edema, breast fever (postpartum paralysis), ketonemia, acidosis, rumen food accumulation, fetal placenta retention, true stomach displacement, true stomach food accumulation, true gastritis, postpartum syndrome of dairy cattle, etc., will cost a lot of treatment costs, but the most serious will not be cured, so dairy cows have to be eliminated. To this end, I will introduce several correct health care methods for dairy cows after delivery, please refer to:
1. Dairy farmers should immediately put a thin quilt or other covering on the cows after delivery to prevent colds.
2. The delivery room or shed should be closed to prevent the cold wind from blowing directly on the cows.
3. Cattle farmers clean up the amniotic fluid and dirt on the ground, then disinfect the environment with spray.
4. Immediately use povidone-iodine disinfectant to clean and disinfect the vulva of dairy cows.
5. Dairy cows were given fluid infusion, anti-inflammation, and hemostasis within 2 hours after delivery. Specific methods: (1) 5% glucose saline 1500 ml, Gongyanjie 50ml once the intravenous injection. (2) A single intramuscular injection of 50 ml of Anluoxue.
6. After giving birth, the cows were given nutritional porridge once a day for five days to supplement nutrition facts. Nutritional porridge formula: 0.5 kg bran, 0.5 kg brown sugar, 1 dose of clothing and dew promoting powder, flushed with 10-15 kg boiled water, drinkable at warm temperatures.
7. Within five days after delivery, fewer concentrates should be fed. After five days, concentrates should be gradually increased according to the rising milk production of dairy cows, but not more than 0.5 kg per day.
8. It is necessary to feed more high-quality roughage to postpartum dairy cows, such as Leymus Chinensis, alfalfa hay and so on.
9. Cows should be fewer and more diligent in postpartum colostrum milking. On the first day, squeeze 0.5-1 kg, 5-6 times a day. The next day, squeeze 1-3 kg each time, 4-5 times a day. By analogy, it will not be crowded out until the sixth day.
10. Cattle breeders should treat in time if found cow breast edema, otherwise it is easy to cause cow mastitis. Therapeutic method: Use breast edema elimination, take 1 time a day, 1 bag each time, take 3 days for a course of treatment. Compress hot water with edible vinegar. Hot compress with hot water with magnesium sulfate.
11. Ten days after delivery, if cows are found to have endometritis, accompanied by incessant lochia symptoms, can be treated by the following methods: Yimuqing uterine fluid 150-250 ml infusion of the uterus, once a day, with the feeding of Gongjingan 250 grams, once a day. The above methods can be cured in 3-5 days.