There are several kinds of medicines that can be used to treat certain diseases, but which one is the most suitable one can be considered according to the following aspects: good curative effect, less toxic and side effects, low price and suitable medicines for dairy cows.
When using drugs, you should pay attention to:
1. Read the label carefully before taking the medicine and use the medicine according to the animal species indicated on the label.
2. Pay attention to the expiration date of the bottle label, especially the expiration date of antibiotics, expired can not be used again.
3. Whether the drug dose can achieve the curative effect or not, we should choose the appropriate dose according to the body weight and physiological status (pregnancy or not). Excessive drug use will cause excessive residues, and some will cause poisoning.
4. It should also be noted that antibiotics should not be administered orally to adult dairy cattle.
When using drugs, you should pay attention to:
1. Drug action is not only related to dosage and dosage form, but also to the correct route of administration.
2. When injecting drugs, the appropriate needle and injection site should be selected, otherwise, it will cause injury of livestock tissues, a decrease of drug efficacy and an increase of drug residues.
3. When lactating cows are fed with medicated feed, they should stop taking medicines properly. They should not enter the milking hall to milk or mix milk into large cans during the period of stop taking medicines.
4. In order to ensure the safety of milk and dairy products and not endanger human health, milk should be stopped before it is put on the milk market, and the stopping time and abandoning time should be calculated accurately.
Bovine neck and buttocks, muscular parts. The injection site of the neck is on the dorsal side of the middle 1/3 and the lower 1/3. The injection site of the buttock is on the gluteal muscles on both sides of the sacral vertebra and the tail root after the waist, but not on both sides of the thigh.
Puncture the needle into the muscle vertically to the skin. The depth is usually 2-3 cm. The buttock muscle is punctured into 4 cm or deeper and then inject the liquid.
Dairy cow neck side, skin easy to move parts.
Lift the skin of cattle in one hand, make it wrinkle, then puncture the needle into the subcutaneous fold. After loosening the skin, the needle can swing under the skin, and then inject the liquid.
The most commonly used injection site is the jugular vein. Jugular vein injection is usually in the middle of the neck 1/3 because the upper 1/3 of the jugular vein has branches, and the lower 1/3 of the jugular vein is deep.
Press the proximal end of the vein with a left hand, block blood reflux, make vein dilate, then put a needle in the place about 2 centimeters above the pressing point with the right hand, at 45-degree angle with skin along the direction of blood vessel, puncture the skin, then puncture the blood vessel. When there is blood flow out, the needle has been punctured into the blood vessel, and then the needle is punctured. Head along the direction of blood vessels push 1 to 2 centimeters, and then check the return of blood, can slowly inject liquid medicine, inject a large amount of liquid medicine, 30 to 60 milliliters per minute is appropriate. Needles and catheters should be fixed to the skin with small clips to avoid slipping during the injection.
Preparations: pills, pill Throwers
The cattle farmer installs the pill into the thrower, holds the pill thrower in his right hand, enters the mouth from the side of the mouth of the Spotted cow, holds the root of the tongue, puts the pill thrower into the mouth of the cow and pushes it forward slowly, touches the throat gently when the end reaches the throat, and inserts the thrower into the throat when the cow has swallowing action, and the left hand is in the throat. When the left hand perceives the end of the thrower, it confirms that it has been inserted into the esophagus. The thrower can be inserted slowly. When the handle of the thrower is close to the lip of the cow, the pill is pushed out, and then the thrower is pulled out slowly.
1. After the cattle were fixed, the dairy farmer stood on the side of the cattle.
2. Fix the head and neck of the cattle with the right elbow. Put the thumb and index finger of the right hand into the edge of the mouth of the cattle, and open the mouth of the cattle.
3. Hold the feeder in your left hand, gently extend the end of the feeder into the throat of the cow, and slowly feed the feeder into the esophagus following the swallowing action of the cow.
4. When the feeder catheter passes through the throat, it stops and frees its left hand to touch the neck of the cow. At the same time, it pulls the feeder with the right hand. If the left hand can touch the feeder, it means that the catheter is properly put into the esophagus. Continue to insert the catheter and administer the feeder.
5. After filling, fold the catheter and gently pull out the feeding tube.
(2) Note: If the hard segment of the feeding tube is not enlarged or accompanied by cough when inserting the catheter, the feeding tube should be pulled out in time and re-put.
Infusion cattle binding:
Prepare: Choose the right length, thick and thin cotton rope
Cattle preparation: cattle up to the neck shackles and stand firm
Binding: Put a movable cage on one end of the rope and put it on the upper and lower jaws of the sick cattle. The other end of the rope goes around the root of the ear of the cattle and goes through the cage to adjust the looseness of the cage. Then the free end of the retaining rope is fixed on the neck flail.