Importance of water
The composition of milk not only affects the quality and price of milk but also is an important index to measure the health level of dairy cows.
Milk ingredients are mainly composed of three parts: milk fat, non-fat solids, and water. According to the standard Holstein dairy cows, the contents of various components should be 3.6% - 4.0% of milk fat, 8.2% - 8.7% of non-fat solids, and the rest 87% of water.
87% of milk is water. We need to fully recognize the importance of water.
How to improve the water consumption of dairy cows?
1. Provide clean and adequate drinking water. Dairy cows need at least 100 L of water per day; other cattle need about 10% of their body weight (except lactating calves and during heat stress). Dairy cows need 80-90% of their total water through drinking water. It is very important to provide dairy cows with adequate clean drinking water.
2. Clean the tank regularly to ensure that the drinking water is clean.
3. Maintain a damaged tank in time.
4. Dairy cows have several concentrated stages of drinking water every day: milking returns to feeding with a strong appetite for water, and the amount of water they drink once can reach 25-35% of the whole day's water requirement. Dairy cows with limited drinking water intake and milk production will soon decline, and sudden water cuts will lead to outbreaks of disease in cattle.
5. Tank design: 10-20 cm for each cow. Enough water for 15% of the cows to drink at the same time once. And no ice will affect the drinking water of the cows in winter.
What is a clean drinking tank?
The standard of drinking tank cleaning is the clear bottom and no impurities. Cleaning once a day. If still not clean, to consider other reasons or increase the number of cleaning.
Limitation of drinking water for dairy cows due to freezing of water tank
In winter, it is necessary to pay attention to the freezing of the water tank, which affects the supply of drinking water. It is better to use a good electric heating tank or take other heating measures to meet the needs of cows drinking water.
Insufficient drinking water will lead to a decrease in the feeding intake of dairy cows. If there is no drinking water immediately after feeding, it will reduce or even stop feeding.
Harm of Sewage
1. Reduction of dry matter intake
2. Microorganisms exceed the standard and Escherichia coli increases
3. The content of harmful substances such as nitrate and sulfate in water increased.
Clean up the outside of the tank twice a day, that is to say, push the waste from the drinking water table onto the passage with a push board to facilitate the removal of the dung truck, and at the same time, clean up the waste from the dead corner under the tank in time.
Clean the inside of the drinking water tank once a day with a brush. Clean the dirty water out of the tank with a shovel after cleaning to ensure that the drinking water is clean. Clean up the floating ice in the tank in winter.
Tank inspection matters
Check the flume float ball, switch and other equipment every day to ensure that the flume is normal. If there is a fault, repair it in time, and no overflow of the tank should occur. Check the tank and water pipe every day in winter, and repair it in time if it freezes.
The water in the tank is clear, not turbid, no foreign body, no moss and other impurities, and does not affect the normal drinking water of dairy cows.
The cleaning time of feeding passage is every morning before feeding. The consistency of leftovers should be checked, and the leftovers of the previous day should be cleared in time after feeding intake.
Cleaning standard: keep both sides of the feeding channel clean, dry and garbage-free.
The dairy sports field is the place where dairy cows exercise, but also the place where dairy cows rest. In reality, because cows freely excrete feces and urine and some feces, it pollutes the place where dairy cows rest for a long time. If the feces and urine are not cleaned up in time, rainwater soaks in the rainy season, which moves dairy cows become a mud pond, seriously affecting the comfort of dairy cows.
Sports field management
1. Keep dry, soft and loosen regularly.
2. Leave a little slope water.
3. Rain and snow weather is muddy in the sports ground. Cattle are forbidden to graze on the sports ground.
In the absence of a cowshed, it is necessary to clean up and replace the mattress in time after rain. In winter, the North cleans up the excrement of the field and lays a certain area of mattress during the cold period, so that the cows can lie down and rest.
The bed of cow is too low to accumulate water easily, leaving no excrement passage, resulting in the whole bed is not used. The field became muddy after rain, and the cost of cleaning and mattress was huge. The cows had no place to lie in the rain and snow weather, and the cost of maintaining the field was much higher than the cost of maintaining bedridden.
Loosening of the sports field
The pasture regularly turns over the pine playground and does not graze cows in the rainy and snowy weather. The pasture attaches great importance to the comfort of cows. A large number of facts have proved that high-quality and high-yield milk comes from comfortable and healthy cows.