About methyl parathion
is commonly called methyl 1605, scientific name is O, O-dimethyl-O- (4-nitrophenyl) phosphorothioate, an organophosphorus pesticide. The industrial product is a yellow-brown oily liquid with a garlic flavor. Pure product is white crystal. Melting point is 36 ~ 36.5 °C. It is almost insoluble in water and easily soluble in organic solvents.
Methyl parathion structure
Chinese name: methyl parathion.
Alias: methyl 1605; O, O-dimethyl-O- (p-nitrophenyl) phosphorothioate; Metaphos; Metron.
Danger sign: 14 (highly toxic drugs).
Packing method: plastic bag or double-layer kraft paper bag with full or middle opening steel drum (steel plate thickness 1.0 mm, net weight per barrel does not exceed 150 kg; steel plate thickness 0.75 mm, net weight per barrel does not exceed 100 kg); threaded glass bottle Ordinary wooden cases outside iron capped glass bottles, plastic bottles or metal barrels (tanks).
Methyl parathion solubility
Slightly soluble in petroleum ether, easily soluble in aliphatic and aromatic halogen compounds, hardly soluble in water and petroleum.
Methyl parathion uses
Methyl parathion pesticide
Methyl parathion is one of a group of pesticides called organophosphates. These chemicals work by interfering with the activity of cholinesterase, an enzyme necessary for the normal functioning of the nervous system of humans, animals and insects.
Methyl parathion insecticide
An efficient organophosphate insecticide, which can be processed into powder, wettable powder and emulsion. Its pesticide effect is the same as parathion. Can control a variety of agricultural pests (aphids, mites and rice tapeworms, leafhoppers, etc.). The maximum allowable residue of the crop before harvest is 0.3 mg / kg. Field crops should not be sprayed 15 days before harvest. It is strictly prohibited to use on vegetables. When used on crops such as fruit trees and sorghum, it should be stopped 30 to 45 days before harvest. It is easy to produce phytotoxicity to melon and should not be used.
Methyl parathion toxicity
Methyl parathion is a highly toxic pesticide. The acute oral LD50 of pure rats is 61-67 mg / kg, the LC50 of acute inhalation is 120 micrograms per cubic meter (4 liters), the acute non-acting dose of rats is 5 mg / kg, and the oral non-acting dose of dogs is 0.1 Mg / kg / day.
Methyl parathion banned
The maximum allowable residue of the crop before harvest is 0.3 mg / kg. Field crops should not be sprayed 15 days before harvest. It is strictly prohibited to use on vegetables. When used on crops such as fruit trees and sorghum, it should be stopped 30 to 45 days before harvest. It is easy to produce phytotoxicity to melon and should not be used.
Methyl parathion effects on humans
Methyl parathion poisoning
It mainly inhibits the activity of acetylcholinesterase, making acetylcholine unable to hydrolyze, which causes the corresponding symptoms of poisoning and causes neurophysiological disorders.
(1) Acute poisoning: Numerous contacts (oral, inhalation, skin, mucous membranes) in a short period of time cause acute poisoning. The present symptoms include headache, dizziness, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, salivation, diminished pupils, increased respiratory secretions, sweating, and muscle tremor. In severe cases, pulmonary edema, cerebral edema, coma, and respiratory paralysis occurred. Some cases may have heart, liver and kidney damage. A few severe cases develop peripheral neuropathy weeks or months after consciousness is restored. Delayed sudden death can occur in individual severe cases. Reduced blood cholinesterase activity.
(2) Chronic poisoning: There is still controversy. There is neurasthenia syndrome, hyperhidrosis, muscle bundle tremor and so on. Reduced blood cholinesterase activity.
Methyl parathion poisoning symptoms
(1) Respiratory system: chest has pressure, nasal congestion, dyspnea, cyanosis, respiratory muscle weakness, and snoring in the lungs.
(2) Digestive system: nausea, vomiting, salivation, abdominal distension, abdominal pain.
(3) Nervous system: headache, dizziness, muscle cramps, convulsions, closed teeth, speech impairment, fatigue, insomnia, restlessness, sweating, etc.
(4) Others: slow heartbeat, decreased blood pressure, skin symptoms such as blisters, erythema, pale, etc., the pupils are narrowed, and the eyes are stressed.
Methyl parathion poisoning treatment
Skin contact: Take off contaminated clothing immediately and thoroughly wash contaminated skin, hair, nails, etc. with soapy water and running water. Seek medical attention.
Eye contact: Raise eyelids and rinse with running water or saline. Seek medical attention.
Inhalation: Quickly leave the scene to fresh air. Keep your airways open. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. If not breathing, give artificial respiration immediately. Seek medical attention.
Ingestion: Drink plenty of warm water and induce vomiting. Wash the stomach with water or a 2% to 5% sodium bicarbonate solution. Seek medical attention.
Methyl parathion poisoning prevention
The factories and production equipment for the production and processing of organic phosphorus compounds should be closed to prevent spillage; personal protection should be paid when handling and spraying pesticides; wear long-sleeved clothes, masks, hats and gloves when working; Separate storage, prohibit mixed storage with food, strengthen management and education. When using the paddy field, it is necessary to strengthen the skin protection of the hand and the lower third of the calf to prevent pollution and avoid downwind operation. After the application, wait until the content of the water in the field drops below the safe concentration before entering the field, generally about 5 d. In addition, the problem of living poisoning should also be actively prevented. The maximum allowable residue in agricultural crops established abroad is 1 ppm. This product has a long residual period, so spray it on food crops one month before the harvest. Parathion is not used on short-term crops of vegetables.